• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DQVIII Commercial

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Those freaky fingers will give me nightmares. :(

Meier

I remember Nintendo paid like 4 million US for that one guy from SMAP to do the Mario commercials... I wonder how much Square-Enix had to pay for all of them (even if it's just their faces). Maybe they just offered to give them all advance copies of DQ8 :p

Jonnyram

Spike said:
WTF was that?!?!
Can someone please explain the commercial?
Announcer says "The members of Smap have been grafted onto a hand", then the press ask them how they feel about DQVIII. A couple of them say how they enjoy it, then they ask the one who has been learning Korean to say what he thinks in Korean. Then they ask what the hand is all about and what's underneath the hand. At this point, the announcer interrupts and says "Please don't ask questions that aren't related to DQVIII." The press starts hassling more and more and they pile in, at which point the scene is covered with the software.

It makes no sense to me, but I can hardly claim to have a deep understanding of Japanese culture, I guess.

cvxfreak

Jonnyram said:
Announcer says "The members of Smap have been grafted onto a hand", then the press ask them how they feel about DQVIII. A couple of them say how they enjoy it, then they ask the one who has been learning Korean to say what he thinks in Korean. Then they ask what the hand is all about and what's underneath the hand. At this point, the announcer interrupts and says "Please don't ask questions that aren't related to DQVIII." The press starts hassling more and more and they pile in, at which point the scene is covered with the software.

It makes no sense to me, but I can hardly claim to have a deep understanding of Japanese culture, I guess.

Thanks for the clarification; the pinky didn't sound Japanese. :p

Top Bottom