• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DQVIII Scans - Looks better than ever

olimario

Banned
Mr. Satan as an old man?!
dq81.jpg
dq82.jpg
dq83.jpg

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
olimario said:
Mr. Satan as an old man?!

Haha indeed, its him! Toriyama is good and all but, its as if he can only draw one way and basicly always the same faces.. oh well, still looks phenomenal.

kevm3

I kind of like Toriyama for that. He has a likeable style and consistently delivers what is expected. On the other hand, I loved Final Fantasy 7's character designs and couldn't stand 8 and 10's even though they were done by the same artist (forget his exact name).

Z

zylo

Unconfirmed Member
doesn't look bad. is this game going to come to US or just japan?

Ranger X

Toriyama + Level 5 on Dragon Warrior serie = i cream my keyboard.

Damn the release date is so far from now... ;(

novery

Farore said:
The game looks really good... but I've never liked Toriyama's characters... bad art... :p *escape from thread*

Can we make a distinction between "bad art" and art you don't like? "Bad art" infers that artists like Toriyama have no skills. The latter means you just don't like his style.

-rp

Ferrio

Banned
I can't see how this guy can get so much praise, but when Nomura pulls this shit people are all over him.

Ferrio said:
I can't see how this guy can get so much praise, but when Nomura pulls this shit people are all over him.

Don't worry, i'm sure the people that hate Toriyama's art will be here soon. They appear in most DQ threads. "OMG!?!? Is that Goku?!!?"

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Ferrio said:
The outfits here are all believeable in the context of the game; IMO the outfits in Kingdom Hearts and ffxii aren't. Not that they are ugly, of course.

ourumov

Don't worry, i'm sure the people that hate Toriyama's art will be here soon. They appear in most DQ threads. "OMG!?!? Is that Goku?!!?"

It's curious but they are the same that praise Sudeki's art ...There are no rules about rare preferences...

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
God I am loving this game more and more with every new screenshot. It also helps to like Toriyama's work (*gasp* an artist liking Toriyama!?) and being a big fan of cartoon-esque graphical styles.

Wyzdom I couldn't agree more with your assesment.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Amano would open 10 cans of woop ass on both Toriyama and Nomura.

Looking at the screenies, I can't help but hear my girlfriend saying "now this is what cel-shading should look like, still Wind Waker is better!"

epmode

Drexon said:
What the HELL is up with that god damn Pirate of the opera? Somebody tell me! >_<
it's one of the famitsu editors. you'll usually see him as a pirate or with a jason-esque hokey mask.

BuddyC

fenekku-gitsune said:
I'm impressed with the facial expressions on the models.
As am I. It'll be interesting to see if they animate as well, or if they just cycle through the different experessing like some other games.

Top Bottom