• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'DRACULA 2000' - How Cool Is That?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B00003CXSD.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Yeah yeah, I know: lame, cheesy, mostly forgettable vampire movie schlock from Wes Craven. Barely worth watching, even if it's just on cable. But still, how about that cool "surprise" ending, when it's revealed that...

...the original vampire, Dracula, is in reality the damned soul Judas Iscariot, the Apostle who betrayed Jesus Christ to the Romans for 30 pieces of silver, and then hanged himself from a tree to escape his grief and guilt?

Probably the best thing about that whole god-awful movie, right there. Well, aside from the nudity, perhaps.

What brought that on? Well, Sci-Fi Channel had a 'ROAR' marathon running today, and one of the characters on that show is Longinus, the Roman Centurion who speared Jesus on the cross. My brain just followed its irregular thought processes, from 'ROAR' to Longinus to Judas to 'DRACULA 2000'.

What? :(

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I like Dracula 2000... no it's not a good movie... ready for more movie Dracula badness... then see the sequel!

Dracula II: Ascension
B00008DDUZ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

IS it bad? Oh yeah... REAL Bad..... and wait... the finale is coming in October Dracula III: Legacy

Spike Spiegel said:
What brought that on? Well, Sci-Fi Channel had a 'ROAR' marathon running today, and one of the characters on that show is Longinus, the Roman Centurion who speared Jesus on the cross. My brain just followed its irregular thought processes, from 'ROAR' to Longinus to Judas to 'DRACULA 2000'.

The story concept behind ROAR, with the whole Spear of Longinus thing was pretty bad ass, but connecting that to Dracula seems pretty iffy to me.

The real historical account behind Vlad is actually pretty cool, and could be turned into an interesting movie, though. He was the sort of guy both sides loved to hate.

I found it funny how Omar Epps' character
wasn't affected by the religious objects because he was atheist

You'd think that would make the most powerful vampire ever.... but noooo.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Luscious LeftFoot said:
I found it funny how Omar Epps' character
wasn't affected by the religious objects because he was atheist

You'd think that would make the most powerful vampire ever.... but noooo.

I thought that was just a joke...unless I'm remembering it incorrectly(which is entirely plausible, I've done my best to repress the memories), the rules set up were that
Vampires weren't harmed by religious artifacts, they just pissed off Dracula

I thought the sequel Dracula II was better than Dracula 2000, IMO.. dracula 2000 was boring as hell, whereas dracula II actually kept my attention and had an interesting plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom