• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Sparking Zero! GT Characters Trailer

Codes 208

So the long-awaited question has finally been answered and GT characters have been confirmed for the base game

In summary we’re getting:
-Goku GT (base, ssj, ssj3, ssj4)
-pan
-vegeta ssj4
-baby vegeta (1, 2, and golden great ape)
-uub
-syn, omega shenron
-ssj4 gogeta

I’m guessing movie characters will either be announced next for the remaining 10 slots or be part of the dlc

Last edited:

Saber

Damn I hate GT, wished they didn't have to use characters from it.
Oh well, its not like gonna affect my enjoyment. Just got zero interest on them.

Codes 208

Damn I hate GT, wished they didn't have to use characters from it.
Oh well, its not like gonna affect my enjoyment. Just got zero interest on them.
Agreed, but i was surprised by the amount of people who kept spamming “wHeN gT??!?” on their prior videos

Though i do find it hilarious that they skipped super 17
Where's my Beast Gohan?
It’s already confirmed that the first batch of dlc will be dbs: super hero, so yeah hes probably dlc

Nankatsu

Gold Member
It’s already confirmed that the first batch of dlc will be dbs: super hero, so yeah hes probably dlc
loop shedding GIF

kunonabi

Nova Shenron better be DLC. Still good to get GT in the base roster though. Lol at Super 17, worst dragonball villain can't stay in the trash where it belongs.

Codes 208

Fucking SS3 GT Goku? He uses that form like twice and it's shown to be worthless.
I mean its been his penultimate form in all the prior BT/budokai games so i honestly considered his inclusion here to be a given
(Though i prefer ssj2, but he used that even less in gt)

Last edited:
GT the show may be terrible, but it had cool character designs. I'm also nostalgic for GT, even though I don't really like it.

I fondly remember getting bootleg VHSs of GT from my local comic book shop back when the Cell/Buu sagas of DBZ were airing on Toonami. GT hadn't been dubbed or released outside of Japan at that point, so to my little kid brain, it felt weirdly forbidden, like some sort of secret knowledge. It's also why I love that Final Bout game, even though it's dogshit. I had to mod my NA PSX to play the JP version of the game.

Reaseru

Many people, including me, enjoyed the GT saga. I understand that they are people who think the saga is expendable, but it was a very consistent and very well animated arc. Beside, the GT characters are very beloved in the Budokai Tenkaichi games.

9 slots left, and I believe those for the most charismatic movies villains, and 6 are maybe - 1 for Janemba. 2 for the original Broly (base and legendary ssj). 2 for Cooler. 1 for Turles. I hope the DLC puts more focus on those in the future.

Last edited:

PatientGamer

Gold Member
Most folk online have desperately been asking for GT characters to be part of this, so I'm glad its in. Seems like the rest of the slots are reserved for movie characters which make sense. Then DLC packs for everything else across the next 3 years or so, especially given that Super manga will be returning soon so new characters + maybe even Daima characters too.

Codes 208

GT the show may be terrible, but it had cool character designs. I'm also nostalgic for GT, even though I don't really like it.

I fondly remember getting bootleg VHSs of GT from my local comic book shop back when the Cell/Buu sagas of DBZ were airing on Toonami. GT hadn't been dubbed or released outside of Japan at that point, so to my little kid brain, it felt weirdly forbidden, like some sort of secret knowledge. It's also why I love that Final Bout game, even though it's dogshit. I had to mod my NA PSX to play the JP version of the game.
My first experience with gt was also the bootlegs back in the early 00’s (during the drought before the first budokai game or the legacy of goku games)

But when i finally watched gt, it was…well i hated it. But for the games, roflstomping everyone as a ssj4 was cathartic

FINALLY!!!!
SSJ4 Goku
I’m all in now

Edit.
As others have mentioned, ya maybe GT wasn’t the best show overall, but the SSJ4 transformations are hands down the best looking power ups in the entire series, and still pay homage on the Saiyans monkey roots which have largely been forgotten with ridiculous looking blue hair, which imo is the laziest transformation in the series history.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

FINALLY!!!!
SSJ4 Goku
I’m all in now

Edit.
As others have mentioned, ya maybe GT wasn’t the best show overall, but the SSJ4 transformations are hands down the best looking power ups in the entire series, and still pay homage on the Saiyans monkey roots which have largely been forgotten with ridiculous looking blue hair, which imo is the laziest transformation in the series history.

SSJ3 looked cool imo, but was super short lived. But I guess that was also the case for SSJ2, however, it still has more time on screen.

Eszti

Banned
D
FINALLY!!!!
SSJ4 Goku
I’m all in now

Edit.
Dont forget red hsir, white snd gucking pink. You cant be more lazy even if you would have tried. Also fights lack any intensity. Recoome on namek vs vegeta has more intensity thsn anything in super ridiculous. Even saibaimen had more because the handdrawn artstyle has soul.

bitbydeath

Turns out there is 182 characters in the game, not 164 which the image lead to believe.
A number of them (not all) have been leaked.

Last edited:

N30RYU

iys0Gfu.jpeg

With Garlic JR being in the Movies DLC... the last 10 remaining will be from Dragon Ball Goku kid arc til Piccolo Daimau

Last edited:

Reaseru

Turns out there is 182 characters in the game, not 164 which the image lead to believe.
A number of them (not all) have been leaked.

I hope that's a surprise the dev team has for the fans. And a very welcomed one.

Maybe they have decided in the later phase of the development to increase the number of characters, and since the team already established that roster image of 164 slots when they reveal the game, they could have decided to reveal the updated number of 182 characters in the next, and I presume, final trailer.

For what I understood, the guy who leaked that image, has already leaked before screenshots from the game that came out to be true.

Eszti

Banned
Complete roster has leaked. Devs lied its not 164 characters in base game its over 180 🔥

Incredible whats in the base game. Incredible to see 1 publisher not greedy it feels like 2007. this game deserves pre order.

Reaseru

There are already leaked videos on YT showing the entire roster, and that leak is confirmed. So happy!

Last edited:
Top Bottom