• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Sparking! Zero | Review Thread

Draugoth

Gold Member
hMpRcNy0RhyN3eCinBMb

Game Information​

Game Title: Dragon Ball Sparking! Zero
Platforms:
  • Xbox Series X/S (Oct 10, 2024)
  • PlayStation 5 (Oct 10, 2024)
  • PC (Oct 10, 2024)
Trailers:
Developer: Spike Chunsoft
Publisher: Bandai Namco

Critic Reviews​

Checkpoint Gaming - Victor Tan - 8 / 10
Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero captures the fighting experience of the franchise better than the previous fighting games. The graphics are amazing and hold up to the intense movements. Several opportunities to play online and offline mean there's always something to do and an opponent to test your mettle against. There are some combat kinks to work out and some features only appeal to the hardcore fanbase. But for anyone who has an interest in Dragon Ball, this is a game you must have.

Gameliner - Rudy Wijnberg - Dutch - 4 / 5
Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero delivers an epic Dragon Ball experience with a massive roster and solid gameplay, but its simplistic controls may lack depth for competitive players. Fans and newcomers will still have a blast!

Gamer Guides - Callum Self - 83 / 100
Dragon Ball: Sparking! ZERO is an excellent Dragon Ball game that delivers plenty of deliciously intense arena fights, with a great amount of content too. It feels familiar yet remarkable, but the performance issues are problems that need to be quickly rectified.

MonsterVine - Spencer Legacy - 5 / 5
Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero is an incredible comeback for the Budokai Tenkaichi series. The roster is packed, the gameplay is satisfying, and the breadth of content is impressive, to say the least. This is the Dragon Ball game so many have been waiting for, and I can’t wait to see what content we get throughout the game’s assuredly long life.

Press Start - Matthew Zimmari - 8.5 / 10
Picking right up where it left off with Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero is a return to form and a celebration of everything Dragon Ball. Reinvigorated with characters and transformations from Dragon Ball Super as well as your favourites from Dragon Ball Z, the game feels both brand new and classic as it brings fast-paced action and eye-popping graphics into the new generation. While some players may be frustrated or overwhelmed with the learning curve of the controls, the rewards lie in mastering your favourite characters, and crafting an experience that blends your imagination and classic Dragon Ball.

TechRaptor - Robert Scarpinito - 8.5 / 10
Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero is the ultimate Dragon Ball sandbox, giving you all the tools needed to satisfy your wild imagination. Filled with iconic fights, flashy animations, and delightful easter eggs, it's arguably the final form of Dragon Ball arena fighters.

The Outerhaven Productions - Scott Adams - 4.5 / 5
Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero evolves the Budokai Tenkaichi series into the modern era of gaming: Faster-paced fights, and more dynamic than it has ever felt before.

WellPlayed - Mark Isaacson - 8 / 10
As Dragon Ball games go, Sparking! Zero stands as one of the better translations of what it feels like to be a super powered hero, Goku or otherwise. It's not for everyone, but with a great set of modes and roster of characters, fans should find plenty to enjoy.

Neogaf Review:

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
A good end of year for games. Will be moving onto this after SH2.

Then Konami will kick start 2025 with their next GOTY MGS Delta.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

I no longer have fun money to spend . This month. It has to wait

I actually thought it’s gonna flop too.

But I got call of duty this month. Couple of old games like the whole mafia collection . Last month was warhammer and wukong . Budget is out

Glad it got good reviews . I’ll wait a little and buy it when it’s a bit cheaper

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'm not into fighting games yet I might end up getting this one. Had a ton of fun in college playing Budokai Temkaichi 3 with the bros, and the DBZ nostalgia is there for sure as well.

I wonder how this compares to BT3 in story mode and overall content quality and quantity.

Last edited:
I need to read up on the story mode to see if it’s good.

What got me to purchase Xenoverse 1 and 2 was the unique story and scenarios. Otherwise I normally don’t like anime arena fighters.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I need to read up on the story mode to see if it’s good.

What got me to purchase Xenoverse 1 and 2 was the unique story and scenarios. Otherwise I normally don’t like anime arena fighters.

There's a twist in this game about the story mode, but for such mode your game is most likely DBZ: Kakarot, not this one.

Last edited:

PatientGamer

Gold Member
Critics typically hate anime games, so this 84 MC is a 90+ in my book. Day 1!

Was gonna get this even if it scored shit though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom