• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
You have 29 million zenny?!

Freaking tournament means money doesn't matter lol. The last round alone gave me well over 100k. There's four rounds in a tournament, and I did 116 tournaments. Honestly the Mr. Satan statues that you sell for money are kind of a waste of a prize at higher levels.

Cromat

Alright so I'm heading towards my last free multisummon for the foreseeable future.
The next event is SSJ2 Goku and Super Trunks, which aren't that good. Should I go for Majin Vegeta or the Resurrection F event? I already have Golden Freeza so I'm tempted to go for God Vegeta or Goku.

What do you guys think I should do?

Durden77

Did a multi summon. Down to 1 stone now. Still no native SSR at rank 78.

I will see if I don't get too bored trying to awaken to Golden Freiza. Otherwise I'm deleting this.

chrono01

Did a multi summon. Down to 1 stone now. Still no native SSR at rank 78.

I will see if I don't get too bored trying to awaken to Golden Freiza. Otherwise I'm deleting this.
I honestly don't blame you.

The gatcha rates in this game is just horrible, and they give out Dragon Stones way too rarely. Yes, you get them for completing story content and occasionally via login bonuses, but when you compare it to Namco Bandai's other mobile game [Treasure Cruise], where you get a premium currency every single day [they haven't failed since the game launched], in addition to special event bonuses as well as for clearing story content, it's pretty damn depressing seeing how DBZ turned out.

I haven't stopped playing Dokkan Battle yet, since I got a few UR with my 450 Dragon Stone summons, but if I didn't I'd probably quit too. Knowing that it'll take you a 30-45 days to re-earn those spent Dragon Stones [without spending real money, of course], isn't exactly an entertaining prospect. I know, in-game currency is a valuable resource for many gatcha games, but it seems like Dokkan Battle doesn't give them out as often as they should, especially considering the rates as they are. In other gatcha games, if you summon ten times you have a very good chance of at least getting something usable, not so much in Dokkan Battle. I know the JPN is a lot better in this regard, which is why I'm hoping the Global rate gets better soon.

Aurizen

farmed for frieza and got the last one for the night, and then BAM! maintenance... Please tell me that frieza will be there when the game is back.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think the summon in global is the first time they changed the summon banner from jp. Unless you count their removal of Jaco from the 5 minutes the Cooler summon was up. In jp Super Trunks came with AGL SSGSS Vegeta and TEQ SSJ2 Goku came elsewhere

Durden77

I honestly don't blame you.

The gatcha rates in this game is just horrible, and they give out Dragon Stones way too rarely. Yes, you get them for completing story content and occasionally via login bonuses, but when you compare it to Namco Bandai's other mobile game [Treasure Cruise], where you get a premium currency every single day [they haven't failed since the game launched], in addition to special event bonuses as well as for clearing story content, it's pretty damn depressing seeing how DBZ turned out.

I haven't stopped playing Dokkan Battle yet, since I got a few UR with my 450 Dragon Stone summons, but if I didn't I'd probably quit too. Knowing that it'll take you a 30-45 days to re-earn those spent Dragon Stones [without spending real money, of course], isn't exactly an entertaining prospect. I know, in-game currency is a valuable resource for many gatcha games, but it seems like Dokkan Battle doesn't give them out as often as they should, especially considering the rates as they are. In other gatcha games, if you summon ten times you have a very good chance of at least getting something usable, not so much in Dokkan Battle. I know the JPN is a lot better in this regard, which is why I'm hoping the Global rate gets better soon.

There was a point early on that I considered spending money on this game, even though the prices are wack.

I now realize how crazy that would've been. This game's gatcha is so bad that even a gambling fiend in my shoes would need to check themselves. I've did over 10 multipulls and I have not gotten a single card that I actually want. Then they want to ask 31.99$ for ONE multipull?

Shit's madness. I'm dabble with the Frieza events to see if I get the medals, but if the event is gone and I don't get them, this game is gone. It's a shame too, because I adore DBZ and was having a whole lot of fun with this game once upon a time. But the months and months of asking me to grind the same shit with a different background with little to no substantial reward has sucked almost all of the will I have to play this game anymore out of me.

The funny part is, as crazy as the prices are, I actually probably would have given some money to the game if I felt like it wasn't just shitting on me all the time. There's gatcha games which are already pretty fucked considering they're just gambling, and then there's gatcha games like this. I'll stick with Marvel Future Fight for my mobile gaming. It's a grind, but is actually respects my time and I'm constantly earning something. And if I do drop some cash, I'm getting what I want. Compared to this, it makes me realize how mad this game is.

Kyou

I think one of the big problems is that there's just SO MANY bad units. I dunno that you need four different versions of every character in every single color.

Cromat

There was a point early on that I considered spending money on this game, even though the prices are wack.

I now realize how crazy that would've been. This game's gatcha is so bad that even a gambling fiend in my shoes would need to check themselves. I've did over 10 multipulls and I have not gotten a single card that I actually want. Then they want to ask 31.99$ for ONE multipull?

Shit's madness. I'm dabble with the Frieza events to see if I get the medals, but if the event is gone and I don't get them, this game is gone. It's a shame too, because I adore DBZ and was having a whole lot of fun with this game once upon a time. But the months and months of asking me to grind the same shit with a different background with little to no substantial reward has sucked almost all of the will I have to play this game anymore out of me.

The funny part is, as crazy as the prices are, I actually probably would have given some money to the game if I felt like it wasn't just shitting on me all the time. There's gatcha games which are already pretty fucked considering they're just gambling, and then there's gatcha games like this. I'll stick with Marvel Future Fight for my mobile gaming. It's a grind, but is actually respects my time and I'm constantly earning something. And if I do drop some cash, I'm getting what I want. Compared to this, it makes me realize how mad this game is.

I'm going to give the developers the benefit of the doubt and assume they price stones based on data and that the current prices maximise their profits given the existence of so called whales who drop hundreds of dollars on the game. That said I completely agree that the IAP prices are ridiculous given the potential payoff.

25 stones should sell for $5, in that case I might have been tempted to drop some cash but $32 for a multisummon is just crazy. I've had two multisumm one where I got 1 SR and 9 shitty Rs. I can't imagine how I would feel if I spent that much money for one of those. And I'm probably considered one of the luckier people among the non-payers, with three native SSRs at Rank 75 (Bardock, Bojack, Golden Freeza).

Nothing better than doing a pull and getting one shitty SR, and that one shitty SR you get is a duplicate of a shitty SR you already have.

Aurizen

I set out and did everything I planned on doing for this frieza event. Got all the medals I need to dokkan all my friezas. Got the 10 support items. 10 mecha frieza, 10 agi final form frieza. Now I'm just gonna train my guys a bit and take a quick break. And I hit lvl 100 while doing these things.

yogloo

I just started playing and I'm loving this game. I am still collecting the dragon stones for my first multi summon. Based on what I read here, I guess I should hold my horses and wait for a better event no?

I just started playing and I'm loving this game. I am still collecting the dragon stones for my first multi summon. Based on what I read here, I guess I should hold my horses and wait for a better event no?

I say keep rerolling until you get 1 UR and then keep it unless its the crappy Xeno Trunks one. You get 1 natural UR from the story in the form of Super #13 and this Frieza event when it comes back around since Mecha Frieza is gone. So really its up to you.

I do wish it was 1 Dragon Stone a day no matter what other prizes they added.

Savitar

Got my Mecha Frizeas and dokkan him, now I got two Golden Frizeas including the second form of which I had two. Dude has a great passive.

Keep trying the fight against Vegeta and Goku but man oh man having to take two of them on when one can normal hit you and the other can use their special attack and kill you is brutal.

Got my Mecha Frizeas and dokkan him, now I got two Golden Frizeas including the second form of which I had two. Dude has a great passive.

Keep trying the fight against Vegeta and Goku but man oh man having to take two of them on when one can normal hit you and the other can use their special attack and kill you is brutal.

I have a few Ox Kings built up, and I have been using them to help me win. They don't have a ton of HP, so that's good, but man do they hit like a truck.

Don't forget - Ox King is still bugged in that it cuts damage TO 25% instead of BY 25%.

yogloo

I say keep rerolling until you get 1 UR and then keep it unless its the crappy Xeno Trunks one. You get 1 natural UR from the story in the form of Super #13 and this Frieza event when it comes back around since Mecha Frieza is gone. So really its up to you.

I do wish it was 1 Dragon Stone a day no matter what other prizes they added.
Wait a minute. You mean ssr right? I have have three options from my rerolls, perfect cell, frieza and whis. Should I keep rolling or go with one of them?
I kinda wish I can get a saiyan though.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Wait a minute. You mean ssr right? I have have three options from my rerolls, perfect cell, frieza and whis. Should I keep rolling or go with one of them?
You're better off with a saiyan in the long term. If you get SSJ2 Goku or Gohan you're pretty set as those cards don't get much worse later on

Well I consider any card you get to be the next rank up so all Ns are Rs to me and so on so forth. Any SSRs you get you are gonna awaken to a UR no matter what anyways.

Perfect Cell is the best to go with imo since there is an event with him that makes him LR apparently. His links are pretty good too and his super attack is just 1 tier below top.

yogloo

Did my first multi summon and I only got one SR. Feels bad man.

I will keep on rerolling until I get a saiyan. I have been rolling for five days on my spare time and I only managed to get 4 ssr.

Savitar

I have a few Ox Kings built up, and I have been using them to help me win. They don't have a ton of HP, so that's good, but man do they hit like a truck.

Don't forget - Ox King is still bugged in that it cuts damage TO 25% instead of BY 25%.

Damn wish I knew that before, concentrated on Vegeta since he seems to be the dick that always does a super. Of course Goku surprises me with one, I use a stone and kill Vegeta and the rest is cake.

Only get one stupid DS for it. I expected three!

Lupercal

Banned
All this talk about the JPN rates coming to global one day is wack. People been saying that since the game launched, rates are never getting better than this guys.

Still waiting on the Tournament, if that sucks I'm out.

Savitar

I don't expect us to ever get a better rate either.

It would be great if we did.

I wonder how much the rate difference really impacts the game with people playing/not playing/spending money.

SkyB

Banned
FzRdgug.jpg

Finally hit lv 100 took me like 130 days lol does are most of the cards I usually use

After hiting lv 100 started to work on my Japanese account and pulled this in muti summon

Holy cow! That's an insanely good pull.

I made a new team that focuses on getting STR Roshi to super attack. Pairing him with regular Roshi or Chun gives him +5 ki including the leader skill (as well as the Kamehameha link). When STR Roshi supers, he gets 70% increased damage. The guy is outdamaging UR characters already.
Code:
[IMG]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/BennyWhatever/Screenshot_2015-11-28-20-41-54_zpsp9vsidd4.png[/IMG]

chrono01

All this talk about the JPN rates coming to global one day is wack. People been saying that since the game launched, rates are never getting better than this guys.

Still waiting on the Tournament, if that sucks I'm out.
They're killing this game with the rates, especially considering how important the gatcha units are. It's not as though new units aren't constantly released which causes many of the "top tier" ones to become less ideal. There's nothing wrong with making it easier on us to pull them, like in the Japanese version. Such as below.

After hiting lv 100 started to work on my Japanese account and pulled this in muti summon
z5C9CrW.jpg
This is how our rates should be, and it kind of irritates me how we'll probably never get it and, even if we do, it'll probably be at the point where the game is dying anyway. It doesn't help that Dragon Stones, after you complete the story missions, are incredibly difficult to get. They give them out so rarely from login rewards. :/

Aurizen

the global better get these rates!! We need to do a massive message to Namco about these rates! Give us rates up 3x we would support this game even more.

I feel the rates were fair at the beginning considering there were only a handful of SSRs to get, less than 7 I think. But now at this point you have over 20 SSRs to get to turn into URs. The more units we can pull, the less space we have. That means DS need to go to expansion. I just wish we would get the special summonings already and the ability to buy medals.

Aurizen

I feel the rates were fair at the beginning considering there were only a handful of SSRs to get, less than 7 I think. But now at this point you have over 20 SSRs to get to turn into URs. The more units we can pull, the less space we have. That means DS need to go to expansion. I just wish we would get the special summonings already and the ability to buy medals.

I just want rates up when summoning... Brave frontier has this Dokkan can too.

linkent

Unlike OPTC, most of the characters are shit in this game.
And most are needed to clear harder content or join the tournament.
With such a low chance of getting SSR(ffs there shit SSR too), cant see how the game will survive any longer.
Even if they make it 1SSR per multi summon, We will need at least 20 x 50gems assuming no dupe.
That is 1000gems which is impossible without spending real money.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Maybe they''ll give away more guaranteed SSRs once the LRs come out (Broly and Cell are not LR). Feel like they should have introduced the higher rarity sooner than whenever they are coming (might be the one year anni). And despite the higher rates in jp you can still get shit pulls easily. Just because you get an SSR doesn't mean it will be a good one either,trust me some SSRs are worse than SRs.

Maybe they''ll give away more guaranteed SSRs once the LRs come out (Broly and Cell are not LR). Feel like they should have introduced the higher rarity sooner than whenever they are coming (might be the one year anni). And despite the higher rates in jp you can still get shit pulls easily. Just because you get an SSR doesn't mean it will be a good one either,trust me some SSRs are worse than SRs.

But the good SRs can be just as rare as SSRs though. I'd rather get a crappy SSR like Xeno Trunks than another R character or a basic SR like Genius of War Vegeta.

Also Broly and Cell don't have LR versions?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
But the good SRs can be just as rare as SSRs though. I'd rather get a crappy SSR like Xeno Trunks than another R character or a basic SR like Genius of War Vegeta.

Also Broly and Cell don't have LR versions?
Most of the good SRs are free imo. Even the worst SSR shouldn't be worse than the best SR

And Broly and Cell dokkan to UR but can't be awakened any further (when you dokkan them they automatically get the shiny background at level 1) they do however have a higher level cap at 120. Reason people call them LR is because when Broly was added via patch but before he was released and people datamined the game and found assests for the LR rarity. It was assumed Broly would be LR since he's the legendary super saiyan and all that

Kyou

I'll believe the Cooler event is happening when I'm actually playing it.

And even then I'll be pretty sceptical

chrono01

With Phantom of the Kill and Bleach: Brave Souls upcoming, not to mention Granblue Fantasy [and hopefully, Brave Exvius], I've pretty much lost all interest in Dokkan Battle. I just log in daily for the free items. The rate for gatcha units are too low, and are basically required for the more difficult content. It just doesn't feel F2P at all.

I hope Phantom of the Kill and Brave Souls are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom