• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJP12

Is the text messed up like this for anyone else?

Hx2Iwkj.jpg

Savitar

Thankfully the Mission screen is so much faster, use to always take a few seconds, now it's super quick. During the summoning I've seen Saiyan pods shooting downwards at the ground, Hercule spiraling towards the big..uh...ball of energy rock thing that characters pop out of, seen him spinning at it from both sides but usually the left. Seen the rainbow pop up around the words and yeah Goku going from SS1 to SS2 to SS3. Once the screen even faded to white with Goku saying goodbye ala when he died.

What some of these things mean......I got no idea.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Well between the 2 Videls and Gohan what should be dokkan priority for this event?

Depends on what you have. STR Videl has the best Leader of the bunch if you don't have one with that skill already. And if it's a matter of getting medals I don't think it's super difficult to get everything for 1 Videl and 1 Gohan during this event.

Man I wanted SSJ3 Goku but I'll take the SSJ2 Goku I got instead! :D

The squeal I let out must have spooked some neighbor's dog. I needed an AGL UR the most anyways.

Also there is another Buu on the Z hard of the last event mission?

What does he drop?

Edit: Nvm I see, too bad I awakened Gohan already.

Flambe

Depends on what you have. STR Videl has the best Leader of the bunch if you don't have one with that skill already. And if it's a matter of getting medals I don't think it's super difficult to get everything for 1 Videl and 1 Gohan during this event.

Alright I have a Buu with that leader skill already so mebbe I'll go green Videl instead. My red team is probably okay with ss3 Goku, max roshi, 2 Bojacks and filler SR cards lol. Teq team is much weaker right now

GKFinns

I am so sad! They fixed the Metamorphosis glitch with Zarbon and Frieza :( that was how I survived most Z Hard fights without items!

Booooo

I bet they also fixed the attack power decrease glitch with certain leaders ;;

I am so sad! They fixed the Metamorphosis glitch with Zarbon and Frieza :( that was how I survived most Z Hard fights without items!

Booooo

I bet they also fixed the attack power decrease glitch with certain leaders ;;

They did apparently along with the Ox King damage reduction glitch. :(

They need to nerf Pikkon's damage if they are gonna pull this crap. His Super does 25k on a TEQ Super which is dumb as hell.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ok the secret best thing from jp came in this patch. Do the first stage of Epic Showdown on Easy (where you get R TEQ Goku) and get guaranteed 5 Gregory medals, do it on hard and get 10 Bubbles medals.

Savitar

Pikkon does that much damage?

I remember people being happy about him months ago but figured he fell in use as more characters came out.

The trading post, so does that allow you to sell all items or trade them with people? It's listed now but not usable yet.

Kyou

Nice, did a single pull and got SSR INT Awakened-SSJ2-Whatever adult gohan, the one from the Buu event right now

got five ginyu pods, goku went ssj, gasped at the meteor, then, like, died. The new summon stuff is weird.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Pikkon does that much damage?

I remember people being happy about him months ago but figured he fell in use as more characters came out.

The trading post, so does that allow you to sell all items or trade them with people? It's listed now but not usable yet.

It's more like a shop. Sell characters, medals, training items for points. Exchange points for support items or training items or medals.

Fuck, I needed metamorphosis glitch. Now I'll waste all my healing items I've amassed (and even with metamorphosis glitch, the game still kicks my ass regularly).

Where are you struggling? I never even knew about Metamorphosis glitch and haven't had any massive issues in quite a while. Some of us here can maybe give some tips.

Arrrammis

Thankfully the Mission screen is so much faster, use to always take a few seconds, now it's super quick. During the summoning I've seen Saiyan pods shooting downwards at the ground, Hercule spiraling towards the big..uh...ball of energy rock thing that characters pop out of, seen him spinning at it from both sides but usually the left. Seen the rainbow pop up around the words and yeah Goku going from SS1 to SS2 to SS3. Once the screen even faded to white with Goku saying goodbye ala when he died.

What some of these things mean......I got no idea.

According to Reddit, SSJ is the same as always (SR with a tiny chance of SSR), SSJ 2 Goku means SR with a fair chance of SSR, and SSj3 and Goodbye Goku are guaranteed SSR's. Everything else is just kind of for looks.

According to Reddit, SSJ is the same as always (SR with a tiny chance of SSR), SSJ 2 Goku means SR with a fair chance of SSR, and SSj3 and Goodbye Goku are guaranteed SSR's. Everything else is just kind of for looks.

For what it's worth, got ssj3 Goku on my ssr pull just now.

Savitar

Ah is that how it goes. Good to know. I wasn't sure if anything affected the chance....hell I was clicking at Hercule as he got sucked into the energy ball during summons in case he made it worse. Didn't do anything of course.

denebj

Neo Member
So, I am currently thinking about the team for the touney,

I have different combination :

NEt4L2H.png

1uy2X8K.png

iCAnDaO.png

It is not easy but The first one is focused on STR Gohan , and Videl has some links so instead of using #13 - Even though he is SA10.

The Second one is more balanced, Whis and Pikkon have links, Gohan and Videl have toooons of good ki links and the 2 SSJ Gohan link well together.

Or the last one is Freezer oriented, but Gohan/#13/Whis are kind of on their own ...

Any input guys ?

If you go with your second team, you might want SSJ2 Teen Gohan as your leader since Whis doesn't give bonus to STR characters (which you have 2 of). I think I like that one the best because of the amount of ki you get.

In an unsurprising move, maintenance has been extended for an hour. Hope Supreme Kai is one of the rewards today because I need to get SSJ3 Goku to UR before the tourney!

Tournament is up, finished my first victory. Really enjoying the format. So much so that I'm going to stick with the game a while longer now, I was starting to drop it for a rhythm game.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
STR SSGSS Vegeta needing INT medals to awaken him is the biggest slap in the face. Don't have enough for him to be awaken for the tournament. :-/

Being ill prepared for events has been the biggest issue since rerolling.

STR SSGSS Vegeta needing INT medals to awaken him is the biggest slap in the face. Don't have enough for him to be awaken for the tournament. :-/

Being ill prepared for events has been the biggest issue since rerolling.

You should go collect the dragonballs (which are now active again) and choose the INT path. Should only take ~70 stamina

Savitar

That's what I did, still didn't have enough medals of one to UR my SS2 TEQ Goku though. I made it up to the semi finals of the tournament before my stamina ran out.

Milr

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but if you super with one of your first 2 characters and fill up your dokkan bar after, the dokkan will be applied to the first super. Neat little hidden update.

Kind of disappointed at the Ssj2 Gohan reward for the tournament instead of the TEQ Goku Japan got for its first.

Thanks, is that exclusive to the new dragon balls only? If so, I need to finish the story asap.

I had already collected them the max amount before the patch, which opened them back up for me. They were all located in the last 3 quests (most of them in When World's Collde), and I was able to "Power Up" different classes of characters when I summoned him (which gave me a bunch of medals and training items for that class).

Savitar

Each fight being 20 stam is a lot, going to take a great deal of DS for anyone to make it to the top. That said those who are already up there are so going to get banned, such cheating seems like a stupid idea considering they're going to lose everything.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I had already collected them the max amount before the patch, which opened them back up for me. They were all located in the last 3 quests (most of them in When World's Collde), and I was able to "Power Up" different classes of characters when I summoned him (which gave me a bunch of medals and training items for that class).

I'm only up to Arise Saiyan Prince in the story, just finishing my first round of dragon balls. Would need to finish everything to summon two Int granting dragons since it only gives half the amount of Kami medals I need. Might be better if I just ignore awakening Vegeta and rough it out in the tournament.

I'm only up to Arise Saiyan Prince in the story, just finishing my first round of dragon balls. Would need to finish everything to summon two Int granting dragons since it only gives half the amount of Kami medals I need. Might be better if I just ignore awakening Vegeta and rough it out in the tournament.

Yeah, I would ignore it for now and focus your stamina on the tournament with what you have.

Speaking of the tournament, this is insanely fun! I hope they come around more often. I was only able to do my first set of rounds, but managed to sweep it and get Roshi tier. Time to move up the ladder!

Here's my tournament team.

ab25fa37-0eb4-4aba-bd4e-2372565ba159_zpszppvlf1q.png

I had PHY SSJ Gohan in there due to the cool glitch from Dokkan Awakening, but the last patch fixed the glitch and I couldn't use him with UR INT Gohan anymore.

I was kind of sad when I got the agility Master Roshi when I first started the game but now that I can dokkan him it seems I finally lucked out.

Already King Kai tier, had to use 3 DS to have enough energy. By tomorrow I plan to hit Beerus tier if not Elder Kai. 7,000,000 points to get there though lol.

Also its weird playing in the tournament. The enemy doesn't change their targets to target the one guy who the type is strong against. Like say the opponent had 2 AGL and 1 STR.

They would target randomly instead of the 2 AGL targeting my STR and the STR targeting my PHY.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Feels weird to actually play the tournament. In jp it was just do whatever I can to super with Broly then boom fart win. Now I have to block and stuff. This way is much slower

Feels weird to actually play the tournament. In jp it was just do whatever I can to super with Broly then boom fart win. Now I have to block and stuff. This way is much slower

Isn't it the same though? Also people suck at choosing a good friend character. Don't choose less than max level because their ability is deactivated anyways and also make sure they link well with your team.

Shit, this is going to take awhile to get to 100 wins! XD

UNHvUgrl.jpg

Good thing I'm on vacation now! Got to 52 with all the free stones they threw at us and with the rewards you get for hitting different tiers in the tourney. Going to relish this moment now since I'll probably be 10,000+ when I wake up on top of hosting an event all day tomorrow. ;__;

Shit, this is going to take awhile to get to 100 wins! XD

UNHvUgrl.jpg

Good thing I'm on vacation now! Got to 52 with all the free stones they threw at us and with the rewards you get for hitting different tiers in the tourney. Going to relish this moment now since I'll probably be 10,000+ when I wake up on top of hosting an event all day tomorrow. ;__;

Yeah thats what is really gonna suck. I just want 100 wins and top 1000. At like 20 wins right now. Energy needs to come back faster for this event. :x

linkent

Ssr INT SSJ2 Gohan is a major disappointment

Just like the real Gohan
How is he bad??
Best leader skill 25%
Good passive
High damage special.

Unless i got the wrong character, that is like one of the top tier unit currently.

The grind is crazy, dunno if i can survive 100wins.
Tomorrow gonna be a good day to grind. Free whole day.

Kyou

How is he bad??
Best leader skill 25%
Good passive
High damage special.

Unless i got the wrong character, that is like one of the top tier unit currently.

The grind is crazy, dunno if i can survive 100wins.
Tomorrow gonna be a good day to grind. Free whole day.

I need to put him in the leader spot but he's hitting like a wet towel in tournament compared to the rest of my team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom