• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJP12

I need to put him in the leader spot but he's hitting like a wet towel in tournament compared to the rest of my team

If he isn't used as a leader and you're not regularly getting super attacks, than I can definitely see him being a bit lackluster. It seems cards that can deal a bunch of damage with out much ki are the most useful for the tournament.

Savitar

Seen one or two of that card I think, didn't even know it was out.

As for the tournament itself I'm going to do as much of it as I can but I'm not aiming for anything in particular. It's a nice fun diversion and I plan to make use of it.

JJP12

I didn't get much tournament time in today because of work :/

Tomorrow I'm planning to watch Dragon Ball from the beginning while grinding all day. It's been years since I've watched it.

Kyou

All I want is to be in the top 5000 and get one of those sweet sweet SSR tickets

Not even really trying for 100 wins because jesus how

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
7200 is not that great of an attack for an ssr and I always shy away from those type of passives since they're conditional. And one of the harder conditions to pull off it supers. Specifically for tournaments though, where quick damage for less ki important. SSJ3 Goku is the king of this. Can make an awful single ki match with him and so long as the passive goes off (not difficult to have over 50% health) I can pretty much take out any non AGL unit. And if I really need to take out an AGL unit with him it's possible with ki of only 4 if I'm remembering right, probably linked though.

linkent

Damn.... Start with the wrong team..
Unawakened videl in it :(

The starting of the tournament always choose that team for some reason.
Instead of automatically using my previous tournament team.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
All I want is to be in the top 5000 and get one of those sweet sweet SSR tickets

Not even really trying for 100 wins because jesus how

It takes dedication (to being bored)

First jp tournament I did got 50 in one day. I don't know how I managed to do that when I got 30 today and am so tired of it.

SkyB

Banned
QXjjXM5.jpg

Feels like my brain is dead barely reached 25

Damn.... Start with the wrong team..
Unawakened videl in it :(

The starting of the tournament always choose that team for some reason.
Instead of automatically using my previous tournament team.

That happened to me because I was trying to be energy effective and did a 10 energy awakening mission to finish off the bar and refill with a DS. Thankfully I had 2 URs and good stat SSRs on my team for the tournament. Would have been a nightmare otherwise but we won. Monoteams are not the way to go. A lot of people going with PHY to counter the INT heavy URs going around atm. Haven't been in danger of losing thankfully. About to hit Elder Kai tier in about 2-3 tournaments or maybe even the next one.

Top 5000 isn't far. :D All day tomorrow is finding time to play the tournament. 5 days to get another 80 wins though. :x Will have to grind out a DS each day or so.

Oh BTW It costs 60 energy to complete a tournament to completion

10 - Prelims
15- Quarterfinals
15- Semi Finals
20- Finals

I have 86 max atm. So I can do a tournament and a half.

You can get a decent ranking with awakened SSRs tbh. Top 5000 easy. If you have even 1 UR then even better. Go for the links, skip Ki builds with the +3 since your friend can't lend you another +3 for the almost always supers. If nothing else then aim for a repeating number rank which will give you nice rewards.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm now sub-2500, and climbing quickly. I figure it's worth sacrificing some Dragon Stones for energy for this, considering how many you're being given from the Tourney plus the X-mas bonuses.

Savitar

I'm still a long way off from where a lot of you seem to be, but only playing casually.

Since we got SS3 Goku the next big summon should featuring Ultimate Gohan (PHY) no? Very much want that card. I got the SS Vegeta one but he feels lackluster. But then all PHY feel weak compared to most.

How are you guys climbing so fast? Are you spending dragon stones to refresh stamina?
I've spent 2 Stones and played a ton, and I'm only at like 15,000. At King Kai tier. Pretty happy with the team I have, though. Everyone has Kamehameha, which is fun. Never dropped below half health.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
How are you guys climbing so fast? Are you spending dragon stones to refresh stamina?
I've spent 2 Stones and played a ton, and I'm only at like 15,000. At King Kai tier. Pretty happy with the team I have, though. Everyone has Kamehameha, which is fun. Never dropped below half health.

Yes refreshing stamina is key to doing well for tournament.

Flambe

I think I'm just gonna aim for the 30-win Kai medal then I'll probably do the 1st round/forfeit thing for points.

Also decided to use a slot for character levelling, still winning so even if I lose some points for not 1-shotting all the time it'll build my deck in the meantime =]

Savitar

Made it to the top 10,000 and in the Supreme Kai Tier.

What excites me most about getting maybe a good ranking is all those tokens.

No gregories or bubbles please.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Made it to the top 10,000 and in the Supreme Kai Tier.

What excites me most about getting maybe a good ranking is all those tokens.

No gregories or bubbles please.

It includes those. I'm always short on those so I don't see the problem with getting some for free

Savitar

It includes those. I'm always short on those so I don't see the problem with getting some for free

I got 198 Gregories and 148 Bubbles.

It's damn Shen, Grandpa Gohan, Mr. Popo and some more Roshi's would be nice.

Also supreme ki's etc.

I wouldn't say no if they had those damn Android 13 medals either, but since I got SS2 Tech Goku and Beerus almost written him off.

Broke the top 10k and got to Supreme Kai tier! This is fun.

Also, I want to Dokkan Awaken one of my blue or green Roshi's, but then I couldn't use him with my STR Max Power :(

LNBL

Aghhh these wins are annoying. At 22 wins, Elder kai tier and 3548. Gonna stop chasing the 100 win and do the 1st round retiring method to get into that 1000 sweet spot

SnakeEyes

Banned
Aghhh these wins are annoying. At 22 wins, Elder kai tier and 3548. Gonna stop chasing the 100 win and do the 1st round retiring method to get into that 1000 sweet spot
This is a thing? Goddamnit, so much time wasted doing full runs.

At least I'm Rank #1132. Gotta get in that 1k zone so I can get that Ss2 Gohan.

Milr

This is a thing? Goddamnit, so much time wasted doing full runs.

At least I'm Rank #1132. Gotta get in that 1k zone so I can get that Ss2 Gohan.

Depends how much you want that SSR ticket at 100 wins I guess. You'd probably need around that for top 1k anyways.

Somehow managed to pull 40 wins today and still didn't touch top 100 x_x

Flambe

Is SS God Goku in the general Gacha or just the tournament one? Have to say ss3 Goku is tempting me to pull

Don't hold me to it, but I think everything is in the regular one. It's just SS3/etc are a bit more increased chance vs the other ones.

Uthred

Don't hold me to it, but I think everything is in the regular one. It's just SS3/etc are a bit more increased chance vs the other ones.

Looking at the tier list over on reddit it seems SS3 is the one you want at the moment? Tempted to re-roll as I only have SSJ Gohan (Teen) Successor of the Strongest on my current account

Mature

Depends how much you want that SSR ticket at 100 wins I guess. You'd probably need around that for top 1k anyways.

Do you end up refreshing a lot with stones for that?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Yes. I think it's impossible to get that many wins even over the five days the tournament is available without using stones. Of course the higher your rank is the less stones you would have to spend. Rank of 491 will give you 180 stamina good for 3 full tournaments. 120 stamina would be at 216.

Milr

If you're curious, I finished at 55 wins after the first 2 days and have a net deficit of only 3 stones after collecting all of the stone rewards from the tournament. Whatever amount I realistically end up at after the next 3 days will be well worth 3 guaranteed SSR IMO.

Can someone explain the first round retiring method to me?
Basically you go into the first round, ideally winning all 3 fights for ~45-50k pts, and instead of continuing with the quarterfinals, you hit "retire" in the top right. Since the first round is only 10 stamina, it's really efficient for pts.

As an aside, I was really lucky and pulled the SSR Kid Goku from the DB banner, and as a poor man's SSJ3, he's really fun in this tournament format lol.

Kyou

I'm still not sure what's determining placement, it seems to be a multiple factors

I have people on my friends list with way more points but a way lower placement

always I am super burning out on doing this tournament, but I want that sweet sweet SSR ticket

The retiring method is nice but it also points out how low the points you get for the later rounds for the amount of stamina you use. They should make bonus points for finishing a round and make it sizable though that would favor those with more energy is the issue. More EXP per round would help though to level up faster.

I'll probably do the retiring thing after I get my 8 more wins. Tempted to go for 50 wins but I'd need to use DS for that and I'd rather save them for pulls at this point since I'll be top 5000 max if barely top 2500.

Milr

Honestly, I think a full round averages to around the points you'll get from the first round (you'll always have rounds where CPU attack each other and lose potential pts). From personal experience I've averaged ~40k per first round overall and ~150-160k per full round. As the last 3 rounds have only 1 fight each, it would be more time efficient to do full rounds, while it would be more stone efficient to retire. Depends entirely on what you want from the tournament.

Just my 2 cents.

SnakeEyes

Banned

I'm going to hold out for getting the SSR ticket from being sub 1k (currently Rank #528) instead of the 100 wins; much better bang-for-buck when it comes to energy usage for rank progression.

Flambe

Dropped to 7,000 or so overnight and now I'm off to work on a train so let's see how 10-12 hours bones me lol =[ So much for sub-5k hehe

Maybe I will just go for that 30 win supreme Kai for my ss3 awakening

Savitar

The competition around the 3000 rank is pretty fierce. You basically got to keep playing to crawl up.

Also playing while watching Enter the Dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom