• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lagamorph

Since getting my Nexus 6P I've noticed that this game is running really slow. Battle animations and movements on the board are all seeming to run at half speed or worse.
It ran fine on my Sony Z2 though.

Anyone got any ideas on why that might be? And more importantly, how to fix it?

Uthred

Presumably the World Tournament is the "Guaranteed SSR" that the notification alert talks about?

Since getting my Nexus 6P I've noticed that this game is running really slow. Battle animations and movements on the board are all seeming to run at half speed or worse.
It ran fine on my Sony Z2 though.

Anyone got any ideas on why that might be? And more importantly, how to fix it?

Saw this link on optimising the game for Android phones over on reddit, might be of some use - https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/3ny5zg/dokkan_battle_running_slow_on_your_android_device/

Kyou

I dont know how someone could get to 100

I'm at like 29 and feel like never playing this game ever again. It's like someone making you smoke an entire carton of cigarettes.

Damn, how many Stones did you have to burn through for that?

All the ones you get from the tourney, 10 from the dragon balls, and the merry xmas ones, so about 30+? Lucky rank ups helped a lot as well. And the struggle was real, but it was doable even with a busy weekend with xmas shopping and hosting an all-day event on Saturday. Being on vacation helps so I don't have to worry about work tomorrow!

Definitely cooling off the grinding for awhile now!

Arrrammis

Burned 6 stones plus those that I got from the tourney and got up to 26 wins... then burned out. I did a single pull just because I was curious, and got TEQ Final form Freeza. I'll take that instead of the guaranteed SSR ticket, might do a few more rounds to get the wins rewards (not going for 100 though), but overall the tournament is probably geared towards people who play this game more than I do.

Savitar

I got to 30 wins and under 2000.

I'll aim to keep under 2500 until the end at this point. But no way am I insane enough to go for 500 or believe can make 1000

Aurizen

I hope they remove the people who use a mod I know at the last minute ppl could really use that boost. Kinda like that final you're hoping your professor curves it.

Kyou

I got to 30 wins and under 2000.

I'll aim to keep under 2500 until the end at this point. But no way am I insane enough to go for 500 or believe can make 1000

the ranking stuff is weird because I'm nearing 30 wins and Beerus level but well over 6k

Savitar

the ranking stuff is weird because I'm nearing 30 wins and Beerus level but well over 6k

Pretty sure it's point based.

I can't even get more point rewards at this point, it's maxed out. Meanwhile I can get more tournament win awards but don't particularly care about that much.

Number of tournament wins may affect things somewhat.

Kyou

Pretty sure it's point based.

I can't even get more point rewards at this point, it's maxed out. Meanwhile I can get more tournament win awards but don't particularly care about that much.

Number of tournament wins may affect things somewhat.

there has to be some weird algorithm to it, I can look on my friends list and see people with less points and a better standing

linkent

there has to be some weird algorithm to it, I can look on my friends list and see people with less points and a better standing

Are your team all UR? as UR gain much more points than SSR and lower.
Also Type Advantage kill will earn more points.
Extreme >< Super kill will also earn more points.

Almost 70 Wins, This is Madness!

Hopefully 100 Wins will make me Top 1000.
How many hours do we still have? I have lost my sense of time and sleep over this. >.<

Lagamorph

Presumably the World Tournament is the "Guaranteed SSR" that the notification alert talks about?

Saw this link on optimising the game for Android phones over on reddit, might be of some use - https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/3ny5zg/dokkan_battle_running_slow_on_your_android_device/
Thanks!
That's definitely helped, though the game still isn't as smooth as it was on my Z2, despite that being less powerful. Wonder if it's to do with Marshmallow.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm still pushing hard daily to try and set myself up for a guaranteed sub-1k placement at the end of the tourney. Went to bed at 460, woke up at 825, then spent the rest of the day grinding back down again to go to be tonight on 385. I'll be quite glad when this is all over, lol.

Uthred

Ended up re-rolling and got SSJ 3 Goku, probably my favourite version of Goku so pretty happy with that. Dont think I'll place too highly in WB with a new account though. High enough to get a SSR ticket should be doable I think,

I'm at ~ 40 wins so I'm just going to resign myself to keeping sub-10,000. I've already gotten a ton of levels, dokkan'd Roshi, and a bunch of money. It's been a good time.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I felt like I was playing all yesterday and I've only racked up 31 wins. I have enough stones to play nonstop but it's so time consuming.

I got my 30 wins so now its just getting points. Thankfully I have tomorrow and Wednesday off. Gotta get to top 2500 and stay within that if not 1k. I don't think I'll attempt top 100 lol.

This event has kept my energy bar from ever being full since it started except when I used DSs to refill. I even used alarms to wake me up 5 hours in to keep my energy down again and then going back to sleep lol.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I got my 30 wins so now its just getting points. Thankfully I have tomorrow and Wednesday off. Gotta get to top 2500 and stay within that if not 1k. I don't think I'll attempt top 100 lol.

This event has kept my energy bar from ever being full since it started except when I used DSs to refill. I even used alarms to wake me up 5 hours in to keep my energy down again and then going back to sleep lol.
Don't bother trying for Top 100, those guys are in excess of 25,000,000 currently. I'm sitting pretty in the 500s and I'm just hoping to maintain until the event ends tomorrow night. Thankfully, the finish time for me is something like 8pm so I'll just go hard right before the end to make sure I stay sub-1k.

Holding out for that Gohan, so he can replace my Teq UR Vegeta in my rainbow team, and maybe I'll get lucky with a SS3 Goku from the Guaranteed SSR ticket. Dreams are free, at least.

Don't bother trying for Top 100, those guys are in excess of 25,000,000 currently. I'm sitting pretty in the 500s and I'm just hoping to maintain until the event ends tomorrow night. Thankfully, the finish time for me is something like 8pm so I'll just go hard right before the end to make sure I stay sub-1k.

Holding out for that Gohan, so he can replace my Teq UR Vegeta in my rainbow team, and maybe I'll get lucky with a SS3 Goku from the Guaranteed SSR ticket. Dreams are free, at least.

Yeah, I was at 80 yesterday and currently sitting around 150 now. The struggle was too real. They can have that extra Gohan!

SnakeEyes

Banned
Yeah, I was at 80 yesterday and currently sitting around 150 now. The struggle was too real. They can have that extra Gohan!
I honestly don't have enough Stones (or sheer will) to push into the sub-100 realm. I started the tournament after it'd already been going a day, so I started late, but if I can stay sub-1000 then that's all that matters. Just try and roll that triple rank for the extra Gohan :)

Milr

I'm sitting at 101 ATM with a little over 16 mil. Tomorrow will be fun.

And it's not even about the extra Gohan, it's all about the Elder Kais. :p

linkent

Top 1000 is getting really intense.
Was at 500 in the morning.
6 hours later i am at 780 now.
Just 7 more wins to 100.
Cant believe i will need to grind stage 1 after that.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Just 7 more wins to 100.
I know them feels, I've been using you as my Assist character for most of today too :D

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Just 7 more wins to 100.

It sucks lol

had 500 late last night. next time I checked I was like later 800s

Now that finals are over can just play nonstop

Trying for 100 wins tonight and will play all day tomorrow

Savitar

I like the game but having to play for hours on end gets to me. I can seldom do that with normal games these days. And this game is a nice diversion but I don't to play it THAT much in a roll.

So I'll be happy when this is done and settle for a rank below 2500 slightly.

Kyou

Hit Beerus level, got my 30 wins, still struggling to break 6k

VKn19B1.jpg

I just dont get it

Savitar

Do the first round, retire, repeat.

That's what it basically comes down too...............but I figure there is a better trick going on for those much further ahead.

Man competition must be really fierce. I've been doing the retire trick but I'm only going up a couple ranks if I'm lucky. Should have used all the 5 stones I got today on energy. :x

Top 10,000 atm but I really want 2,500 to get golden SSR Ticket. Not having a TEQ UR sucks since I don't get bonus points vs AGL enemies.

Milr

Oh sweet, what's the point gap for you getting into the sub-100 group? :)
It was like 30k pts when I went to sleep. Dropped to 124 overnight, probably around 500k now. edit: way more than 500k lol (ended up being 1.3 mil), guess I was optimistic

Man competition must be really fierce. I've been doing the retire trick but I'm only going up a couple ranks if I'm lucky. Should have used all the 5 stones I got today on energy. :x

Top 10,000 atm but I really want 2,500 to get golden SSR Ticket. Not having a TEQ UR sucks since I don't get bonus points vs AGL enemies.
You don't need a TEQ to get bonus pts on AGL. All of the AGL I've fought have been Super, so if you have an Extreme character you'll get the same bonus. Important to split your team between Super and Extreme as well as types.

LNBL

Got to 3800 before bed, but dropped to 4500 again -_-

Will try to stay above the 5k line, dont know if its possible to push to the 2.5 k line

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I lack the will to just get 100 wins. I hit 50 and burned out / there's no way I could do another 50 in a day. Sitting at around 6k rank so I guess I'll just work to get into under 5k. Stinks that I have 3 guys that could be upgraded to UR but I lack the medals.

denebj

Neo Member
This is nuts the amount of play you have to do to get some SSR ticket stuff ... You basically need to have no life for 4 days. That's kind of stupid :/
I do not mind grinding some but that's like a different level.
They should not make it that difficult :-/

yogloo

Should I even bother trying to farm special attack for cooler? I read that the drop rate is awful. I have all the medals ready to dokkan him.
Also I have 2 bojacks, is it better to dokkan one and keep the other one at ssr level or use the spare one to raise special attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom