• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'm going to have work & school responsibilities this time around, I don't think I'll even give top 1k a second glance.

For me I don't see the prize card as worth getting

zLGgsZN.png

AND I PUT IT THERE

yogloo

I was rerolling for fun earlier today because we started with 30 stones instead of 6 like we used to. Did it 7 times. That means it's a total of 210 stones. 0 ssr. Kinda put things into perspective for me.
Also add in 50 stones that I spend on my main account. That's a total of 260 stones with no ssr for me now.

I'm so glad there's another good PHY Super Saiyan character. I like the SS Gohan one, but they fixed to glitch where he could be on the same team as INT UR SS Gohan.

You know I laughed when I saw the title for one of the story missions was "Gohan: Strongest Warrior". Then I ate a 48k damaging super that one shot my team due to wrong colors though it wasn't INT blocking thankfully. >.<^

I can't wait for Mystic Gohan to be a pull, though SSG Goku PHY after dokkan would be fine as well for a new PHY.

Flambe

Jonesing as fuck for a Kaioken Goku to solidify Over in a Flash and Shocking Speed links for my SSG/SS3 Goku's =s

5 or 6 supreme Kai's would be alright for Awakenings too while I'm wishing =P

Edit: Talked myself into more pulls, got 2X PHY SSJ Goku from this event, Mr. Buu, Babidi and random SR filler/dupes. Ah well

denebj

Neo Member
Soooo I got the luck of getting SSJ G AGL goku, what is the difference between his leader - ATK increased by 25% for all type and Adult In Gohan - All types attack +25%???

I need to get kayoken for the Over in a flash now ahahahah At least with Pikkon and Whis + SSJ there is some good links

Flambe

Soooo I got the luck of getting SSJ G AGL goku, what is the difference between his leader - ATK increased by 25% for all type and Adult In Gohan - All types attack +25%???

I need to get kayoken for the Over in a flash now ahahahah At least with Pikkon and Whis + SSJ there is some good links

Grats =] Is it the Strike Pikkon that has Over in a Flash? I could get that at least when it comes around. Was hoping for a BOG Whis/Beerus for their links too but oh well lol

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Nope. If you want to level his super just use the R Goku from Epic Showdown. You can get up to 3 in one run and I think there's a 30% chance to level super so just farm a bunch of them, don't bother zawakening them

SnakeEyes

Banned
Nope. If you want to level his super just use the R Goku from Epic Showdown. You can get up to 3 in one run and I think there's a 30% chance to level super so just farm a bunch of them, don't bother zawakening them
Well, crap. Came here to find this answer, and am now a sad panda ;_;

Stuff for the 2nd global tourney has been datamined: http://dbz.space/budokai/04-the-2nd-world-tournament

Z-Sword Gohan is the SSR this time for the 1-1000 rank.
Haha, not even going to bother going for Top 1000 this time around, because that STR Gohan won't beat the SS3 Goku I use in my rainbow squad. I'll probably just concentrate on thew 100 Wins and then try and stay Top 2.5k for the SSR Ticket.

yogloo

What's better?

Aim for top 1000 by just playing the pleminaries after you get most of the ds?

or go for 100 wins for 2 ssr tickets.

The tournament only character is pretty enticing because at least you know half of what you are getting. Only 50 percent chance of a dupe and xeno trunks. Plus you can't get it anywhere else.

How tough is it to crack into top 1000?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I heard the cutoff last tournament was 16.5 million for top 1000. I made 318 with 17.2 mill so once you break passed a certain point it's not as competitive and you'll be able to maintain. I made sure I was around 200-ish place throughout. With the last few hours I didn't have to worry too much about my place being taken over since I was ranked high enough. It's not hard just time consuming. And if you're using the First Round retire method throughout, even more time consuming.

I'm just going for top 5k with 100 wins this time because I don't think that Gohan is that great. Maybe top 2500 for the extra old kai card. Getting 100 wins will probably put me close anyways

Is goku easy to farm in BoG event?

You can't farm him

Aurizen

I heard the cutoff last tournament was 16.5 million for top 1000. I made 318 with 17.2 mill so once you break passed a certain point it's not as competitive and you'll be able to maintain. I made sure I was around 200-ish place throughout. With the last few hours I didn't have to worry too much about my place being taken over since I was ranked high enough. It's not hard just time consuming. And if you're using the First Round retire method throughout, even more time consuming.

I'm just going for top 5k with 100 wins this time because I don't think that Gohan is that great. Maybe top 2500 for the extra old kai card. Getting 100 wins will probably put me close anyways

You can't farm him

damn! welp guess I can still get medals for goku at least.

Cromat

Pretty crazy that SR SSJ Gohan from the Bojack event is probably still the best overall PHY card in Global. Even the new PHY Super Saiyan God Goku isn't quite there. What a horrible type lol, they don't seem too concerned about balancing them.

Pretty crazy that SR SSJ Gohan from the Bojack event is probably still the best overall PHY card in Global. Even the new PHY Super Saiyan God Goku isn't quite there. What a horrible type lol, they don't seem too concerned about balancing them.

Well until Mystic Gohan comes out, it will be like that. PHY and TEQ are the weakest classes imo.

STR and AGL are the best with STR probably having more quality units in SSRs but AGL having more overall if you add SRs. INT is in the middle with having great to crap units but mostly great.

yogloo

Well until Mystic Gohan comes out, it will be like that. PHY and TEQ are the weakest classes imo.

STR and AGL are the best with STR probably having more quality units in SSRs but AGL having more overall if you add SRs. INT is in the middle with having great to crap units but mostly great.

I thought TEQ units are pretty good.
STR and AGL units are obviously the best.
PHY is unbearably bad.

I thought TEQ units are pretty good.
STR and AGL units are obviously the best.
PHY is unbearably bad.

Just like PHY URs, I can't think of any good TEQ URs. Hell I got Buu SSR the other day and he would be my best PHY now while my TEQ only has Super #13.

SSJ2 Goku TEQ I guess but I have the AGL version of him who has a really good passive.

linkent

Just like PHY URs, I can't think of any good TEQ URs. Hell I got Buu SSR the other day and he would be my best PHY now while my TEQ only has Super #13.

SSJ2 Goku TEQ I guess but I have the AGL version of him who has a really good passive.
At least you can mention good TEQ UR, tournament Gohan is the same, Majin Vegeta is another good one.

Now lets think of PHY UR, immediately,
Xeno Trunks
Picollo
Fat Buu(at least good leader skill)
;-(

yogloo

Xeno trunks is an amazing SSR. You just don't know how to utilize him.
He is good when someone got him and you can make fun of them endlessly.

At least you can mention good TEQ UR, tournament Gohan is the same, Majin Vegeta is another good one.

TEQ SSR Super Buu is a good leader with the ATK + 50% and Cooler's pretty decent as well.

And why is it always Old Kai with these special log in events? Gimme Supreme Kai you bastards... ;__;

Cromat

TEQ has Majin Vegeta, Final Form Freeza (and its Dokkaned form), SSJ2 Gohan and Cooler. It's definitely not as impoverished as PHY.

denebj

Neo Member
You also have TEQ Whis which is going to be great for LR event because of his passive !

I think that 2nd tournament is going to be interesting, it seems that a lot of people do not care about that Gohan and do not plan on getting lower than 1000 .
I am going to try to get in the < 5000 for the SSR Ticket, not really care about < 2500 this time.

For the R Goku, you get 3 copy, keep 2 in order to level up some Goku UR SA - Because of the same name, then just farm the R TEQ Goku .. Took me like 60-70 Stamina .... You get on average 2 copies ... It was painless !!!

I did not think I would ran out of zeni ... I had 20M+ after the tourney . I got good stuff from the Christmas banner :-O, and I still have 4 SSR to awaken - Granted I always start with the highest level medal so for 3 of them I just need the most common medal which are the least expensive. I am questing for the money to awakwen SSJ G Goku :-O then AGL Roshi, TEQ Roshi and PHY Piccolo (Why not ? LOL)

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
TEQ has Majin Vegeta, Final Form Freeza (and its Dokkaned form), SSJ2 Gohan and Cooler. It's definitely not as impoverished as PHY.

Yep also SSJ2 Goku and Whis. The type is good now, used to only be SSJ Vegeta and FF Freeza but they've filled them out

How many hours did you play a day during the tournament?
And how many total ds did you use for stamina regen?

The answer for both is probably too many lol. Not sure how many hours it was. I went 27 stones less than where I started for the tournament while I had about 90 stamina. Keep in mind you gain about 30 from tournament missions and I was getting at least one stone a day as login bonus.

denebj

Neo Member
Grats =] Is it the Strike Pikkon that has Over in a Flash? I could get that at least when it comes around. Was hoping for a BOG Whis/Beerus for their links too but oh well lol

Pikkon as shoking speed with SSG (+2 ki) :) What I really need is Over In A Flash

Only SS3 Goku, Majin Vegeta, SSG AGL Goku, and Kaioken Goku have it. Got all of them except SSG. :(

Oops had it mixed up with Shocking Speed lol. If I get Kaioken though it'll be 3 cards linked with Shocking Speed and 3 with Over in a Flash mm.
Yeah, dem links are nice. I have Paikuhan, the AGL Final Form, and Kaioken Goku on my AGL mono team with Shocking Speed. Supers for days with another +3 Ki leader. Here's to hoping I can pull SSG Goku. o.o

Maxim726X

Xeno trunks is an amazing SSR. You just don't know how to utilize him.
He is good when someone got him and you can make fun of them endlessly.

I pulled him the other day... And boy was I hyped when I saw SSj3 Goku on the summon screen. You can now point and laugh.

Maybe they'll eventually give him a Dokkan into something useful? Like an LR SSj? We can dream.

Aurizen

Over the past few days I've been hugely disappointed in this game and how accounts are being dealt with. I have a friend who's active in a Facebook community and often users show their drops and units they've gotten like we do here, and there's always one bad guy to steal that account by account recovery and naming what the user has and steals that account. It really pisses me off to see users account being stolen. He even gotten it back and then it was stolen again!

I really hope the Dokkan devs introduce some kind of account linking or Facebook integration because it seems to be too easy to steal someone's account.

Try to roll for 2 ssr if possible.

Normally yes, especially if it was a PHY SSR but getting SSR SSJ3 Goku is worth one multiroll or 2 SSRs imo. You never know if you will get that lucky again. If I didn't invest so much into my event characters, I was tempted to keep rerolling till I got SSJ3 Goku.

BTW new update, anyone know what is up with that? Getting us ready for the new tournament/story missions? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom