• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogloo

Normally yes, especially if it was a PHY SSR but getting SSR SSJ3 Goku is worth one multiroll or 2 SSRs imo. You never know if you will get that lucky again. If I didn't invest so much into my event characters, I was tempted to keep rerolling till I got SSJ3 Goku.

BTW new update, anyone know what is up with that? Getting us ready for the new tournament/story missions? :)

The rate is up. I think for a reroll everyone should aim for minimum 2 SSRs now. Especially since we have so many top tier characters right now. The currently featured trio is still ranked very highly on dokkan japan. I have couple of friends who rolled SSG and beerus.

The rate is up. I think for a reroll everyone should aim for minimum 2 SSRs now. Especially since we have so many top tier characters right now. The currently featured trio is still ranked very highly on dokkan japan. I have couple of friends who rolled SSG and beerus.

While the rate is up I doubt its high to the point where you can have 2 consistently good ssrs in a pull. What if you get xeno Trunks and a decent ssr that isn't top tier? Its just my opinion though.

Savitar

It's money that has me backed up, a lack there of that is. I've been awakening and training better cards and damn it chews through cash. At one point I was near twenty million. To dokkan 13 cost five million alone.

chrono01

I have Golden Freeza, INT Cell, and TEQ Vegeta SSR, and even I'm tempted to re-roll due to my horrible past luck with the gatcha. :/

Is now a good time to do so? How many pulls do I get per re-roll?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think 4 pulls on reroll. Now's a great time to reroll as some of the best units in the game are in now and permanent rate-up. Super ideal is the SSJ3, SSG, Majin Vegeta, and Kaioken combo but that's amazingly unlikely. SSJ3 by himself is a pretty good I think, since if you never pull an SSR again, he functions on his own. Also has the Super Saiyan package that's common if you do get another SSR.

chrono01

I think 4 pulls on reroll. Now's a great time to reroll as some of the best units in the game are in now and permanent rate-up. Super ideal is the SSJ3, SSG, Majin Vegeta, and Kaioken combo but that's amazingly unlikely. SSJ3 by himself is a pretty good I think, since if you never pull an SSR again, he functions on his own. Also has the Super Saiyan package that's common if you do get another SSR.
Thanks man, I think I might go ahead and do it. I was really unlucky with my in-game stones and, while it does suck to have to start over from the beginning [all of those lost events ;_;], I figure it's worth it to have a strong SSR that will function as a leader. SSJ3, with his multiple links and Leader Skill, seems perfect for that.

I probably won't go for two SSR, since I don't want to push my luck. If I can manage SSJ3 Goku, that's all I need.

Go for SSJ3 bro.
Definitely the best currently, wich i have one :(.
Strong at everything and future LR.
It's scary starting over, but I figure the longer I wait the worse it'll be. I'll set a transfer password just in-case as a backup, so I can return to it if I later change my mind.

Edit: Oh man, 35 Magic Stones per re-rolling? That's 7 summons. O_O

Edit #2: Now I remember why I stopped playing this gmee. Rates for SSR are too low. This is around my 140th summon and only a single SSR [PHY Vegeta]. :/

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
There's supposedly a permanent rate-up for the rest of forever in global. I spent a lot of stones on this banner and definitely could see it. Granted it's still a low ass chance to pull one, but it's definitely better than before.

chrono01

There's supposedly a permanent rate-up for the rest of forever in global. I spent a lot of stones on this banner and definitely could see it. Granted it's still a low ass chance to pull one, but it's definitely better than before.
I'm getting more SR than ever before, just no SSR. :(

Edit:

Three SSR accounts so far, TEQ Freeza, STR Beerus, and TEQ Whis. I'm still trying for STR SSJ3 Goku or AGL SSG Goku.

I'll make the other accounts available here [for Freeza/Beerus/Whis] when I'm finished, as well as any other SSR accounts I get. Just in-case someone here wants them.

So I just hit a SSGSS Goku [AGL] account. Comes with SR #18, Beerus, and #19 SR's. I'm not entirely sure whether I should keep it or keep going for SSJ3 Goku/SSG Goku. :/

Never mind, I decided to re-roll. SSG Goku/SSJ3 or nothing at all. I need those links.

yogloo

200 stones and no ssr for me but loads and loads of SRs.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Before the rate-up, you'd be lucky to pull even 2 SR on a multi. Now you'll commonly see 4-6 in a multi. Of course I'd rather see 4-6 SSR at this point, but overall better than before. With the 350+ stones I used I got like 4 ssr. Though I think I was lucky with that

chrono01

The only SSR I get [it's very rarely] seem to be of characters outside of the event.

TEQ Freeza
PHY Vegeta x2
SSGSS Goku
God Vegeta
SSJ Goku [STR]

I thought the event ones were supposed to have a rate up? Ironically, the only two of those I pulled where Whis and Beerus, the ones I don't want. :/

Edit: Make that two Whis. Damn you, SSG/SSJ3 Goku.

1 DS a day needs to be a thing if not 5 a week so you can pull at least 4 times a month. Thats literally what I've been reduced down to doing besides logging in for bonuses after finishing the new story event.

Too burnt out on trying to get medals for Super #13 so gonna put that in the backburner. I need money to awaken a ton of units but all my URs are taken care of at the moment and while my SSG Goku needs to be awakened, I'd rather take my time awakening him and not have anything to do once he hits max.

I'll probably keep doing awakening medal missions to stock up on the ones I need when I need to kill time at work or something or do the strike character missions for the units that need their supers leveled up.

chrono01

You might be able to snag a rerolled account in the reddit giveaway thread.
I might give it a try if I get desperate. At least I'm rolling other SSR accounts that I'll offer up here when I'm done [if anyone is interested].

1 DS a day needs to be a thing if not 5 a week so you can pull at least 4 times a month. Thats literally what I've been reduced down to doing besides logging in for bonuses after finishing the new story event.
Most definitely. It's what Namco Bandai's other mobile game [Treasure Cruise] does, and I'm honestly surprised the same thing doesn't happen in Dokkan Battle. This game is even more gatcha-reliant than TC is, so not heaving a steady source of DragonS tones really hurts it, especially if you're unlucky with the gatcha.

Cromat

Pretty interesting statistics thread from reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/40dhdm/glb_stats_for_the_bog_summon_event_over_30k/

The sample is very large with 6923 summons. He finds that the rate for SSR is currently 3.438% (± 0.4% with 95% confidence given the sample), which means you on average need three multipulls to get at least one SSR, which gives a price of $71 dollars for pulling one. This corresponds at least to my personal experience of receiving an SSR once every 3-4 multisummons (I have three and I started playing around May/June).

These rates are just atrocious when you consider how SRs are completely outclassed and are basically useless once you get SSRs, and when you consider that all SSRs are not born a like (Xeno Trunks vs. SSJ3 Goku). So yeah, never spending a dime on this game.

chrono01

Yeah, the rates are ridiculous. Also, the "event" units don't even get a boost or, at least, not very much. I've been re-rolling for two days now and I received more SSR not in the event than ones advertised.

Anyway, finally all of that hard work paid off.

hN3otAD.jpg

I don't have any real characters to link with him right now [my first summon was a First-Form Cell :/], but I do have a few Dragon Stones I can use. Thankfully, I got him my third summon in, so I got to keep a lot of the DS that were in my Gift Box for re-rolling [I have 24 at the moment]. It's scary starting over though, I progressed a decent amount on my last account and had a few SSR, namely Cell, Golden Freeza, and my original TEQ Vegeta. Also, a lot of event units. But, I figure it's worth starting over for a strong leader. With +25% ATK to all types, as well as numerous links with later cards, I'd imagine SSG Goku is a good start, I just need to take time and build the team.

Re-rolling took me way too long though. That was brutal. For a supposed increase in rates, they're still horrible [as the evidence above supports]. I'm not spending any money either, not until it improves substantially. I just hope I get lucky with my next few summons. I might work my way up to 50 DS, since the six month anniversary for Global is coming up soon and, if the Japanese version is anything to go by, we should be getting a guaranteed SSR event [with a ten-pull]. I definitely want to do that if given the option.

As for my other re-rolled accounts that I never used, they're up for grabs if anyone is interested. They are:

TEQ Freeza
Beerus [STR]
Whis
SSGSS Goku
SSG Vegeta
SSJ Goku [STR]
Majin Vegeta
Bardock

Just send me a PM with the one you're interested in and I'll send you the transfer information. I'm heading out now, so I probably won't get around to it until later today, but I'll respond as soon as I can. Obviously, first-come, first-served. I'll update the post as I send out the transfer details so you know which ones have been claimed.

Savitar

Yeah rates are suppose to be better but I've found them no greater in giving something good. Hell I've had better luck before getting good cards but here, nope. In the end it seems the odds are still firmly against you.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
While SSG is a great card its not going to be easy to build a team around him using his best links. Like the reason he's so good is because he has Over in a Flash and Shocking Speed. Both grant him a bunch of ki which compliment his passive which you need a lot of ki to activate (why he's considered to be much better than SSGSS). The problem, unfortunately is that both links have a small pool a characters. Over in a Flash is has only four characters in it and as of right now in Japan will only ever have four characters in it. There are more than one version of these charactera, but the problem is they're all SSR. Shocking Speed is available to more characters, even two farmable cards, unfortunately most of the cards that have the link are again SSR.

linkent

Gratz Chrono, any 25% atk leader is good to start with.
From the latest update, you can get an SSR from
R Teq Goku > SR Angel Goku > SSR Teq Goku, think that is good to start your UR Collection.
Too bad that double exp/1/2 stamina is gone.
Could have gotten the Android13 easier.

chrono01

While SSG is a great card its not going to be easy to build a team around him using his best links. Like the reason he's so good is because he has Over in a Flash and Shocking Speed. Both grant him a bunch of ki which compliment his passive which you need a lot of ki to activate (why he's considered to be much better than SSGSS). The problem, unfortunately is that both links have a small pool a characters. Over in a Flash is has only four characters in it and as of right now in Japan will only ever have four characters in it. There are more than one version of these charactera, but the problem is they're all SSR. Shocking Speed is available to more characters, even two farmable cards, unfortunately most of the cards that have the link are again SSR.
Yeah, kind of not looking forward to the RNG of getting those cards. At least he links with more units than SSGSS Goku, so he should [hopefully] have more use even if luck is horrible to me. Ideally, I would have liked SSJ3 Goku, but there's no way I was going to continue re-roll hell, I just couldn't.

Gratz Chrono, any 25% atk leader is good to start with.
From the latest update, you can get an SSR from
R Teq Goku > SR Angel Goku > SSR Teq Goku, think that is good to start your UR Collection.
Too bad that double exp/1/2 stamina is gone.
Could have gotten the Android13 easier.
Thanks, I'll look into farming that Goku as soon as possible! I grabbed the Normal last night, how difficult is Awakening him to SSR for a newbie account though? I'd love to do it, since he awakens into an SSJ that [I believe] links with SSG Goku, but I'm doubtful I'll be able to manage it in-time. I need to farm N Goku to Super Level 10 before I Awaken him into Angel Goku too since, I assume, the Super Level of Angel Goku carries into the SSR?

I also noticed another farmable Goku in the BoG. I might try for that one too.

Woop! Got a White Hot Face Off SSJ Goku from a yolo pull. Gonna attempt to SA 10 it via the TEQ Gokus before I dokkan him into SSG Goku to get the most out of it. Fun times ahead! :S

I also noticed another farmable Goku in the BoG. I might try for that one too.

You only get three, one for each difficulty. I'm assuming you're talking about the INT Goku.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That TEQ Goku event will be there forever so just do it when you can. Probably won't be able to collect the dokkan medals with an early account.

Milr

Yeah, kind of not looking forward to the RNG of getting those cards. At least he links with more units than SSGSS Goku, so he should [hopefully] have more use even if luck is horrible to me.
There will be a Kaioken Goku as a tournament reward in an upcoming tournament (probably the third if they continue the trend) which has both Over in a Flash and Shocking Speed. Biggest problem with that card is nuking STR orbs, but being on the same turn as SSG Goku, it would probably help get the super off more than anything.

chrono01

Woop! Got a White Hot Face Off SSJ Goku from a yolo pull. Gonna attempt to SA 10 it via the TEQ Gokus before I dokkan him into SSG Goku to get the most out of it. Fun times ahead! :S

You only get three, one for each difficulty. I'm assuming you're talking about the INT Goku.
Congrats! Have to love those lucky solo pulls.

Yeah, I mis-read that the INT Goku wasn't farmable. Oh well, probably for the best anyway, I can't handle Hard/Z-Hard now anyway. I got my Normal, who I'll work on leveling his Super Attack with the R/TEQ Goku before I Awaken/Dokkan.

That TEQ Goku event will be there forever so just do it when you can. Probably won't be able to collect the dokkan medals with an early account.
Haha, I completely forgot that the TEQ Goku event was around forever. THat saves the trouble, thanks!

I finished Battle of the Gods on Normal [[INT Goku] and am now trying to work on Bardock before he leaves. I'm not sure I'll make it in-time, but I'll try.

There will be a Kaioken Goku as a tournament reward in an upcoming tournament (probably the third if they continue the trend) which has both Over in a Flash and Shocking Speed. Biggest problem with that card is nuking STR orbs, but being on the same turn as SSG Goku, it would probably help get the super off more than anything.
Man, I hope I can level my account in-time for this, that sounds great. Even if I have to spend 50 Dragon Stones for a guaranteed Tournament SSR it seems worth it to me, especially given Global's current rates, not to mention the SSR ticket I'll get with it. I'm just worried I won't have a proper team composition by then, I could really use that Kaioken Goku. :/

Savitar

Is the Kaioken Goku the agil one with the Kaioken X3? I was able to get it the other week but since got SSGSS was taking my time leveling it. Probably doesn't hurt my SSGSS has a SA of 6. Thank you Supreme Kai for that.

yogloo

To each of their own but frankly I don't get why people reroll all the time. If you aren't spending anything in this game, the chance is miniscule that you will end up with all the characters you want. It will always be a crap shoot after the few SSRs that you get in the beginning.

Rerolling also makes you perpetually stuck in the beginning parts of the game, not being able to finish any of the harder stuff. Never ready for the harder missions.

So unless your starting team is completely crap or you messed up a lot during your first go, I think there's no need for a reroll.

If you still insists on rerolling, make sure that you only spend your ds on tournaments. That's the best way to play as a free user.

yogloo

When I was grinding Gokus for my PHY Goku, I was wondering when this banner would get updated. Ask and ye shall receive!

Also, INT Goku is farmable now from the BoG event:
Are you done grinding? How long did it take you?

I'm also in the middle of grinding my phy goku. I have only managed to get one ss1 ready in 2 days. I kept running out of medals to train the mooks. This helps a lot.

Are you done grinding? How long did it take you?

I'm also in the middle of grinding my phy goku. I kept running out of medals to train the mooks. This helps a lot.

LOL, nowhere near close. Last night I awakened the other Angel Goku drop to SSJ Goku and crossed fingers when training it into PHY Goku as it had a 50% chance to upgrade the super level. I think it needs to be UR to be 100% sadly.

So yeah, PHY Goku super level 2 atm! Don't know if I'm going to dokkan him when the tourney starts though. I have a pretty decent tourney team already with SSJ3 Goku, Majin Veg, Kaioken Goku, SSJ2 TEQ Gohan, STRoku, and INT SSJ Gohan. I'd argue I'd replace INT Gohan with either the PHY SSG Goku or PHYgeta, so I dunno.

yogloo

I just realized something. Since int goku is farmable now, wouldn't it be easier to use it to raise the Sa? But there's a bit of gambling in it because we can only up it to ssr for a 50 percent chance.
But it seems to me it would be much faster. Raising ssj goku level to 80 is kinda a pain in the ass.

I just realized something. Since int goku is farmable now, wouldn't it be easier to use it to raise the Sa? But there's a bit of gambling in it because we can only up it to ssr for a 50 percent chance.
But it seems to me it would be much faster. Raising ssj goku level to 80 is kinda a pain in the ass.
Yeah, it's probably the quicker route since there's less grinding involved altogether (relatively).

chrono01

To each of their own but frankly I don't get why people reroll all the time. If you aren't spending anything in this game, the chance is miniscule that you will end up with all the characters you want. It will always be a crap shoot after the few SSRs that you get in the beginning.

Rerolling also makes you perpetually stuck in the beginning parts of the game, not being able to finish any of the harder stuff. Never ready for the harder missions.

So unless your starting team is completely crap or you messed up a lot during your first go, I think there's no need for a reroll.

If you still insists on rerolling, make sure that you only spend your ds on tournaments. That's the best way to play as a free user.
For me, it was because I started back when the game was first released and received a Vegeta [TEQ] as my first SSR. Back then it was fine, since content was whatever, but as time went on I needed a stronger leader. I used every single in-game Dragon Stone I could and didn't manage another SSR, aside from Golden Freeza and INT Cell. Both are fine units, but I wanted a SSJ SSR so I could make a solid SSJ team for Tournaments/Events/etc. Now that I have one, regardless of what happens, I won't be re-rolling anymore. What I get is what I get.

If I had gotten lucky and managed a SSJ SSR [other than TEQ Vegeta or other low-rated ones], I would have stuck with my first account. However, since that didn't happen, I felt it was time to take the gamble and re-roll. It is frustrating starting over, but this'll be the last time I do so, even with current cards constantly being outdated. Even if they knock SSG Goku down to ranks 11-20 [or lower], I figure he's still a strong enough leader so if I don't manage to replace him with one of the new/higher-rated units, that I won't feel like it's holding me back. Having +25% ATK to all types helps that, along with strong link skills.

But yes, I won't understand people who re-roll monthly. Maybe they enjoy that whole gatcha-pulling thing and want to do it over and over again for free?

Finally! Also new stages added to BoG.
Nice! I wonder how the rates are. This will definitely help me out, since I'm just starting. Well, re-starting.

I really hope one of my pulls is him. Was hopeful once but it was Videl SR. My PHY team could really use a good UR besides Majin Boo.

I really hope one of my pulls is him. Was hopeful once but it was Videl SR. My PHY team could really use a good UR besides Majin Boo.

While he might not be the greatest, his leader skills and passive make a PHY team hit pretty hard. For SSJ, you get the 40% ATK boost + the 15% ATK boost for all active units when he's up in that turn. As SSG, it's up to 50% ATK + 20% ATK.

Nice! I wonder how the rates are. This will definitely help me out, since I'm just starting. Well, re-starting.

Every other pull has given me at least 2 awakened ones.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
With the friend summon I think Global is mostly caught up with Japan in terms of stuff they put in the game for convenience.

Also something they added that's pretty helpful stating out is the ability to farm Gregory and Bubbles medals on Easy and Hard of the first stage of Epic Showdown

yogloo

With the friend summon I think Global is mostly caught up with Japan in terms of stuff they put in the game for convenience.

Also something they added that's pretty helpful stating out is the ability to farm Gregory and Bubbles medals on Easy and Hard of the first stage of Epic Showdown

Now we only run out of gero medals.

I wish most Rs could be dokkaned to SRs so you can get SSRs out of them if you put the time, effort and money into it. Would make swallowing the pull bust more bearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom