• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savitar

The number of players must have fallen, before it was a struggle to get up past ten thousand and the like. Now I'm under four thousand, though I'm sure to drop as I stop playing.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Woop, SSR Kid Goku! My STR team is ridiculously stacked.
I got an SSR Str Kid Goku from the DB pull as well. I think I've now got the last piece for my rainbow DB team.

Edit: Also, does anyone have any idea on what the heck the "Training in the Clouds" timed event is, that's mentioned in the Korin Missions screen? Is it an event like the Korin Tower training items event?

Alright Multi pulls are a joke. Never pulling multi again. Just a ton of Rs or repeats of SRs. Pretty salty I got repeats of Tien SR PHY. Only good thing I got out of this pull was SR PHY Goku that can become God. Not the PHY I wanted but I'll make do. Singles from this point on only.

chrono01

Alright Multi pulls are a joke. Never pulling multi again. Just a ton of Rs or repeats of SRs. Pretty salty I got repeats of Tien SR PHY. Only good thing I got out of this pull was SR PHY Goku that can become God. Not the PHY I wanted but I'll make do. Singles from this point on only.
The main reason I don't like doing multi-pulls, outside of an event such as the current Mystic Gohan one where it guarantees you one of the seven new units [it'll probably be one of the R] is that, if you don't get SSJ3/Goodbye Goku, you're not getting an SSR. That makes the following ten reveals all the more disappointing/frustrating. At least if you do single pulls, and don't get SSJ3/Goodbye Goku, the despair isn't hitting you all at once.

As for the "guaranteed SR" with a ten-pull bonus, that's not nearly as useful as it used to be. You have to be pretty unlucky to not get a single SR out of ten single pulls, although I guess it can happen.

Durden77

Been out of this game for a while now. Deleted the app and everything.

Have the pull rates gotten any better? Worth starting over? Or is the game still maddening?

I got to around rank 78 with no native SSR.

chrono01

Been out of this game for a while now. Deleted the app and everything.

Have the pull rates gotten any better? Worth starting over? Or is the game still maddening?

I got to around rank 78 with no native SSR.
Namco Bandai said they improved rates, but from my perspective, SSR are still rare. At least SR are more common now, so there's that?

Or maybe I'm just cursed, that's entirely possible. :/

Also, welcome back [should you decide to stay!]. I did the same, after using 550 Dragon Stones and not getting SSGSS Goku, I quit. I re-rolled a while back for SSG Goku. Here's hoping my luck is better this time...

Milr

The number of players must have fallen, before it was a struggle to get up past ten thousand and the like. Now I'm under four thousand, though I'm sure to drop as I stop playing.
Last tournament started on a Friday over winter break lol. I got a very high rank last time and now I'm sitting pretty at ~23k with like 5 wins from natural stamina. :)

The extended time will make it easier to get 100 wins, but I do feel sorry for those gunning for top 1k.

Got excited over SSJ Goku during DB Summon, got a duplicate of Devilman. I'm lacking teq chars while my agl/phy are getting overrepresented ffs.

This tournament deal is great for levelling chars. I'm getting so many levels but I can't keep up with the awakening medals. =(

Here's my tournament team. I went classic Super Saiyan links. I'm about to hit Supreme Kai tier and haven't lost more than 1/4 of my health yet.

fdd50b5f-fdca-4e15-ac9e-94978d92c8b9_zpsrz9zqloh.png

Kudos to all those friends that have SSJ3 Goku a their leader for me to piggy-back off of.

Here's my tournament team. I went classic Super Saiyan links. I'm about to hit Supreme Kai tier and haven't lost more than 1/4 of my health yet.

fdd50b5f-fdca-4e15-ac9e-94978d92c8b9_zpsrz9zqloh.png

Kudos to all those friends that have SSJ3 Goku a their leader for me to piggy-back off of.

If you have 2 more URs then replace Trunks and Goten. You get more points for having an all UR team since you only fight UR opponents.

Kyou

I'm still confused at how rankings work.

Like last time, I have more wins and more points than people, but a worse rank?

If you have 2 more URs then replace Trunks and Goten. You get more points for having an all UR team since you only fight UR opponents.

I have Kaioken Goku and STR UR Frieza that I guess I could use. I just liked all my guys linking together.

So what all gets you more points? I noticed Super Attacks do as well. Anything else?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I have Kaioken Goku and STR UR Frieza that I guess I could use. I just liked all my guys linking together.

So what all gets you more points? I noticed Super Attacks do as well. Anything else?

Super vs. Extreme characters and type advantage. Since your team is all super characters you're missing out on a lot of potential points (and messing with people when they face your team gaah I hate that)

Super vs. Extreme characters and type advantage. Since your team is all super characters you're missing out on a lot of potential points (and messing with people when they face your team gaah I hate that)

So, what gives more points then, UR teams or hitting Super against Extreme? With the cards I have, I don't really know how I can adapt to all advantages.

Tamanon

Banned
Huh, first time doing the Tournament. That's a lot of XP you get. At 2 wins now out of 2 tries, just waiting on Stamina to come back. Good rewards for the investment though!

Savitar

Been so busy today didn't get a chance to play, saw dropped from around 2400 to slightly over 5000, yikes. Guess people are playing now.

Also got another dracula man and got a gold ticket for DB and got another devil man.

Felt so annoyed.

Flambe

Huh, first time doing the Tournament. That's a lot of XP you get. At 2 wins now out of 2 tries, just waiting on Stamina to come back. Good rewards for the investment though!

Yeah it's an amazing time to level characters. I usually sacrifice 2-3 slots for that purpose instead of doing the strongest team possible and wasting potential exp =|

bigosc2k

Banned
I have 40 dragon stones, should I just constantly restore my stamina with them or was that the reason some people got in trouble for that?

They most definitely want you to spend stones on refilling stamina. It'd be impossible to get the 100 wins without it

Yay old crappy SSRs getting dokkan awakens

https://m.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/41yx85/jpn_new_characters_stats/

They're still pretty bad, but it's something. The Goku and Vegeta got slightly better at fighting Broly I guess? Didn't really need the boost

Most units aren't good based on their stats even though it definitely helps. Its more about the passives and links really with a decent if not amazing leader skill thrown in. I'm really hopeing the SSR ticket I get gives either SSJ3 Goku or Mystic Gohan.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Actually the Vegeta is pretty usable. Passive has an annoying condition but when it goes off it's great. Also has Ready for War which is pretty much the best Ki link at this point. Goku got shafted with Awakening of the Pioneers link.

denebj

Neo Member
That's great !!

I am sure they will probably do the same with the Trunks. At least that's a good thing !!

I have a Piccolo and Cell, to LR, that's not too bad ^^

I think I'll skip top 5000 and getting a gold SSR ticket since I have 3 silvers from the last tournament.

If I'm gonna go for the 100 wins for a gold ticket and another one for being in top 5000, it might as well be when the pool of characters is bigger. For now I'll focus on staying in the top 10,000. That will give me an SSR summon anyways.

I think I'll skip top 5000 and getting a gold SSR ticket since I have 3 silvers from the last tournament. .

Think I'm in the same boat as you. I have 3 Silvers from last time, so as long as I'm top 40k I should get a guaranteed SSR.

I'm at 15k right now. Trying to decide if I should make an effort for top 10k.

JJP12

Thanks to this winter storm I'll be stuck inside all weekend with nothing to do. Should be able to make top 1000 easily. I know that Gohan sucks but I still want him dammit lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom