• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few more wins away from Beerus tier. Got the 30 win bonus last night.
Hopeing for sub-10k, but it's looking like I'll be around 11-12k when it's all over.

Savitar

Aside from the first two days I stopped playing except to sign in to get bonus items. Last night I started again, went from around 30,000 to slightly under 15,000. May try for under 10,000 but not sure.

Flambe

Yeah, the 13k range is surprisingly active lol. Just doing 1st Preliminary rounds getting 40-50k and barely moving.

At this point I'm just finishing up getting Beerus tier and hopefully 2 more Grandpa Gohan medals to Z-Awaken my Kaioken on the way.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Right outside of top 1000. Sort of wanted Gohan cause I was in top 1000 for a long time but kinda don't care now. Not worth the time at this point. I managed to barely play yesterday, if I had played I could have maintained.

Savitar

Still waiting on Vegeto to show up :(

714SPE4sAuL._SY355_.jpg

Great figure.

At the edge of 10k at 11.1k

Thinking of using a couple stones to make it under to 9k and stay there.

Edit: Wow nvm, the only difference between 5k-10k and 10k-20k is 2 awakening medals in rewards. I think its an Old Kai and a Supreme Kai but I have enough anyways.

Less than 20 mins and I'm pretty happy with what I got so far. Just hope the ticket pull gives me a good TEQ or STR SSR. Optimal would be SSJ3 Goku or Mystic Gohan but I have PHY God Goku so Gohan isn't needed as much and I found out from using an ally's that he doesn't link well with my current UR team. :(

Hopefully the next tournament has a really good prize for characters like SSJ2 Gohan was in the 1st one. Kinda regret not getting it as it would have been so useful for this tournament when I needed a TEQ for all those AGL UR opponents. Speaking of which, too many Bojacks, its ridiculous how many people have him. STR URs were kinda worthless too on your main team since there were hardly any PHY opponents or TEQ for that matter except the occasional #13 or SSJ Vegeta. Made INT and STR not as good in the tournament overall.

SnakeEyes

Banned
13mins to go and all things premitting I'll be finishing up at ~4800. My goal this time was to be more relaxed in my playing (as I put waaaaay too much effort in last time to stay sub-1k) and I'm happy with the sub-5k rewards.

Plus I don't need the Str Adult Gohan from this tourney, after getting the SS3 Goku from last tourney's Golden Ticket :D
Maybe this time I can pull the SSR Phy Adult Gohan and get lucky two Tourneys in a row.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Next tournament has the prize unit given to top 5k anyways. It's Kaioken Goku.

I pretty much mostly ran into TEQs and AGLs this tournament. Almost regret using SSJ3 Goku as lead and wanted to put Cell in so I could have 2 INT but more importantly even team of 3 Super and 3 Extreme character.

Less than 20 mins and I'm pretty happy with what I got so far. Just hope the ticket pull gives me a good TEQ or STR SSR. Optimal would be SSJ3 Goku or Mystic Gohan but I have PHY God Goku so Gohan isn't needed as much and I found out from using an ally's that he doesn't link well with my current UR team. :(

Hopefully the next tournament has a really good prize for characters like SSJ2 Gohan was in the 1st one. Kinda regret not getting it as it would have been so useful for this tournament when I needed a TEQ for all those AGL UR opponents. Speaking of which, too many Bojacks, its ridiculous how many people have him. STR URs were kinda worthless too on your main team since there were hardly any PHY opponents or TEQ for that matter except the occasional #13 or SSJ Vegeta. Made INT and STR not as good in the tournament overall.
PHY Gohan is so much better of a card. I feel like links only matter in tournament if your characters can't one shot on they're own. PHY Gohan can one shot on his own with his passive but with his leader can help everyone on your team one shot too.

Not sure why you ran into so many Bojacks. I think the game also takes natural vs dokkan SSR into the types of teams you play against in addition to team cost. My cousin also ran into a lot of bojack

BrunoM

Done so damn happy ....
With 13 seconds left I was at 1157 ..

Wasn't able to push for the 1k but oh well

Best of luck for you guys and the GSSR pulls

Next tournament has the prize unit given to top 5k anyways. It's Kaioken Goku.

I pretty much mostly ran into TEQs and AGLs this tournament. Almost regret using SSJ3 Goku as lead and wanted to put Cell in so I could have 2 INT but more importantly even team of 3 Super and 3 Extreme character.

PHY Gohan is so much better of a card. I feel like links only matter in tournament if your characters can't one shot on they're own. PHY Gohan can one shot on his own with his passive but with his leader can help everyone on your team one shot too.

Not sure why you ran into so many Bojacks. I think the game also takes natural vs dokkan SSR into the types of teams you play against in addition to team cost. My cousin also ran into a lot of bojack

Yeah since I have Dokkaned Golden Frieza STR and SSJ Goku. SSJ Goku is really weak since he is a free UR pretty much with 6.3k attack compared to the average of about 6.8k

Overall with the pull, STR or TEQ would be optimal as I've said. TEQ and STR are the only 2 types where I don't have a natural SSR.

BrunoM

In case you are wondering the next SSR for the 3rd WT will be a PHY is a goku amd he is really good

On a side note the top 5K will be getting it

Phew, nearly got caught slippin'. Went to sleep at around 385. Woke up about an hour before the tourney ended this morning and was at 1004! Thankfully I finished a full tourney as I was 926 a couple minutes before it finished. I should be safe, I think... xD

SnakeEyes

Banned
Phew, nearly got caught slippin'. Went to sleep at around 385. Woke up about an hour before the tourney ended this morning and was at 1004! Thankfully I finished a full tourney as I was 926 a couple minutes before it finished. I should be safe, I think... xD
Plus they'll do another Ban run and invariably some people will get caught. You'll be safe.

Also, character card for top 5k?! Fuck. Yes.

Savitar

The real news is one Goku does the spirit bomb! Yes, not the kamahama for once! It's nice to have variety.

I managed to get all the way down under 7000 last night before going to bed. Not a bad jump really, only played for the first two days and the last one. Guess UR's really do make the difference, that or as I said before people stopped playing.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Played game after game and my rank hovered from 2200 to 2600 all weekend. It barely moved when I played or didn't play. Very different compared to last tournament where I jumped around all over from 3-7k.

Maxim726X

I stopped at 100 wins last night, rank ~2100. There was about 4 hours to go in the tourney.

Think I stay within the top 5,000 for the guaranteed SSR ticket?

denebj

Neo Member
Yeah I think you are safe.

I went to bed at 12.00 and was ranking 2000. I barely played Sunday. I reached 100 win on Saturday and Sunday went from 1500 to 2000.

I pulled a dupe on the GSSR ticket thought, not a bad dupe but still dissapointed. Got SSB Goku .. His SA is 4, with the 2-3 kai it should be at 6 or 7 ! That guy is going to hit like nobody else business !!

I hope I get something good from the other GSSR, like Kaioken or SSJ3 !

Maxim726X

Yeah I think you are safe.

I went to bed at 12.00 and was ranking 2000. I barely played Sunday. I reached 100 win on Saturday and Sunday went from 1500 to 2000.

I pulled a dupe on the GSSR ticket thought, not a bad dupe but still dissapointed. Got SSB Goku .. His SA is 4, with the 2-3 kai it should be at 6 or 7 ! That guy is going to hit like nobody else business !!

I hope I get something good from the other GSSR, like Kaioken or SSJ3 !

Cool, thanks,

I pulled a SSJ2 Gohan (Red). Not complaining too much as it isn't a dupe, but I have way too many reds... SSJ3 Goku, Beerus, Boujack, Bardock, and STRoku.

Need some more blues or purples. Definitely need blues, oddly enough.

I would love to get AGI SSG Goku... ;__;

c9X6Igxl.jpg

My over in a flash team (which was also my tourney team) is waiting impatiently! PHY SSG is pretty butts.

Cromat

I went ahead and spent my hard-earned F2P stones on a multisummon and got the new SSR Spirit Bomb Goku. He isn't Super Saiyan sadly but +10% attack per orb sounds pretty decent, no?

Just saw this in the reddit forum...

If you click on team and then go back home and click the tourney tab really fast you can get in and see your rank. If you don't wanna wait then try it out.

Tried it and saw I was at 764. Much better than the 926 I ended the tourney at, but soooooo close to 777! >.<

I went ahead and spent my hard-earned F2P stones on a multisummon and got the new SSR Spirit Bomb Goku. He isn't Super Saiyan sadly but +10% attack per orb sounds pretty decent, no?

He's pretty good mang. Makes INT enemies into pure chumps.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I would love to get AGI SSG Goku... ;__;

c9X6Igxl.jpg

My over in a flash team (which was also my tourney team) is waiting impatiently! PHY SSG is pretty butts.
I need a Phy UR character. I'm currently rolling with the SSR Kid Gohan from the Strike event, and while he's good, I need a stronger one. Also a new Int character too >.>

Also, tourney rewards start paying out tonight right?

I need a Phy UR character. I'm currently rolling with the SSR Kid Gohan from the Strike event, and while he's good, I need a stronger one. Also a new Int character too >.>

Also, tourney rewards start paying out tonight right?

If it wasn't for the Godly Power links, the SSJ Gohan hits harder than SSG Goku. Hell, the SSJ RoF Gohan hits harder when his passive kicks in as well. The new PHY Goku in the Tree of Might pull, Ultimate Gohan, and the upcoming PHY Kaioken Goku from the tourney rewards should be ones to be gunning for. Fat Buu is also naturally stronger than SSG Goku. And of course if you have a SSJ heavy UR team, PHYgeta is good as well. After messing around with friend's Gohans and Old King Piccolo, I really want a +2 Ki leader.

And yeah, it should do after the maintenance.

chrono01

I'm tempted to try for Ultimate Gohan, since he links so well with SSG Goku and I really need to start building my team, but...

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB...lb_stats_for_the_ultimate_gohan_summon_event/

31 Ultimate Gohan out of 4096 summons? That's 0.189%. This is with the "guaranteed new character" with a ten-summon, too. The overall rate for getting an SSR, out of these 4096 recruits, was only 2.881% in the results linked above. That's less than 3% even with the supposed "rate increase" that Namco Bandai stated. If the rates have been increased, they must have been something like 1.5%-2% before.

What bothers me most about this game is how difficult it is to get units with your in-game Dragon Stones, coupled with how fun the gameplay is. I want to like it but, unless you get crazy lucky with your free Dragon Stones (or open your wallet and pull en-masse), your team will likely be lacking. Sure, you can power through 100 stages for the guaranteed SSR summon ticket with each Battle Tournament, but we're talking many hours here. That shouldn't be required, it shouldn't be so difficult to get SSR with DS that's essentially required for getting the most out of your teams.

I re-rolled for a while for SSG Goku and am currently saving my Dragon Stones (I have something like 180 now) for when an event comes around with results higher than what I'm seeing here (like the one for SSJ3 Goku when he was released). If I end up spending these, and not getting much of worth out of it, I'll be uninstalling the game and never looking back.

it's a shame, I love DBZ too. Increasing the rate(s) to something like 5% wouldn't kill then, and make it so the featured units are actually...you know..."featured"? From what I've been reading on Reddit, you're just as like to pull a random other SSR during a banner. They might have increased rates for the featured ones, but it's definitely not as noticeable as it could be. In the Japanese version, if you get a rainbow text you're guaranteed a unit from that banner. In the Global release, it literally means nothing.

If the tourneys continue at the rate they've been showing up, it's honestly just best to grind for the GSSR pools because at the very least you know you'll be getting an SSR! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom