• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
In what way would your team be lacking without a bunch of SSRs? When I rerolled for FF Freeza I made a team comprised of him and droppable characters that linked well together and was perfectly capable of beating Zhard missions. The first time I thought a team full of SSRs was necessary to complete content was when Broly came out, turned out that was completely false. That event is able to be cleared with like 4 free characters and 2 crappy Rs you probably have millions of from summoning.

The only time I can think of when not having a bunch of natural SSRs screws you over is the tournament. Because your lower team cost will result in teams with less SSRs, meaning less potential points, meaning longer grind. And I guess the other LR events too, But Broly can be beaten without them!

chrono01

In what way would your team be lacking without a bunch of SSRs? When I rerolled for FF Freeza I made a team comprised of him and droppable characters that linked well together and was perfectly capable of beating Zhard missions. The first time I thought a team full of SSRs was necessary to complete content was when Broly came out, turned out that was completely false. That event is able to be cleared with like 4 free characters and 2 crappy Rs you probably have millions of from summoning.

The only time I can think of when not having a bunch of natural SSRs screws you over is the tournament. Because your lower team cost will result in teams with less SSRs, meaning less potential points, meaning longer grind. And I guess the other LR events too, But Broly can be beaten without them!
Well for me, the only SSR I have is SSG Goku, and what really makes him valuable are his links which are restricted to gatcha-only units (a good number of them anyway).

I know, my fault for going for him knowing that, but still. >_<

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Someone tell me how the LRs work, because I've never seen an LR icon but I have seen URs that go up to level 120 :-/
It's just what people call the UR that go to 120. The icon was added to the files the same time Broly was released so people figured to call him and the others LR even though they are not labeled that way.

The only thing wrong with the game imo is not giving 1 stone per day so you can get about 30 stones in a month naturally. The events also giving stones only on certain stages and difficulties sucks unlike the story missions need to be fixed too.

Cromat

The problem is that SRs are completely useless once you start having SSRs, so much so that you don't care at all when you get them. Why should I grind story missions for characters that will never be good enough to be on my team?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
They fixed the guaranteed SSR summon. For compensation everyone is getting an Extra Gold SSR ticket if you earned one I think, or used any Gold or Silver SSR tickets during the tournament.

They definitely fixed the issue, got Kid Buu and Gohan!

Flambe

2 Rs from DB tickets theeeen Ultimate Gohan woot woot

Team is coming together nicely =D

fMSZn4S.jpg

Savitar

Got another Devil Man, and Commander Perv. Whoo whoo.

On the bright side got SSB Goku up to SA 8 now.

Those who spent the tickets last night are in luck as they got gold tickets as compensation.

Woop! Ult Gohan and Evil Buu. Too many STRs though! xD

And yay, rainbow Gohan team!

c7vM2lhl.jpg

Might as well go all in on getting SSJ3's super up as well. 6 SA now with the Old Kais.

This tourney's been good to me.

Ult Gohan - gssr
Evil Buu - gssr
Fat Buu - gssr
Kid Goku - DB pull
Z-Sword Gohan

:D

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
DB tickets were all that R demon with the boxing gloves and SR Yamchas.

My SSR tickets got me two Teq Friezas and a SSGSS Str Vegeta.

I rerolled to get SSGSS Vegeta. I've received three so far through the tournament. I have the worst luck on those SSR tickets.

While I'm happy that they're giving out SRs like candy, I was really hoping for Turles or Spirit Bomb Goku. These all seem kinda crummy.

c55558e6-9fec-4651-b311-b9c1b1ef445a_zpsey3a410z.png

Also, I'm now up to 4 full rows of AGL natural SRs or higher.

JJP12

Can't believe they're giving us a bonus Gold SSR ticket. I was seriously expecting something like a 5 stone compensation lol

denebj

Neo Member
Got that extra GSSR compensation ticket !!

With those 3 GSSR, I got :
A dupe SSB Goku - Which is SA 7 now so it is kinda not too dramatic.
Ultimate gohan - Very excited about that !
AGL SSJ2 Gohan, which actually will be great for the tourney because of his passive ! I will probably sub out STR SSJ2 Gohan for it since I always find a SSJ3 Goku in my friend list :-D

I got crap from the DB pull

MiTYH

Got two gold tickets (one for compensation). Used those two and my silver pulls, got a SR Yamcha, R dud unit, but a SSR STR Trunks. Happy about that, my SSR units are really growing now!

SnakeEyes

Banned
Just saw this in the reddit:

dbabd921b54dc088cca4accbcb71993e.jpg
Th... Th... THIRTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS??!?

BNrubbinghandstogetherlikevillains.gif

In other news, my Tourney ticket pulls this time around were terrible! 2x Mummy from the Gold DB tickets and the native SSR Gold Frieza from my Gold SSR Ticket. Maybe I used all my luck up on the first Tourney by pulling the SS3 Goku :-/

Got SSR Bardock from my 5 silver SSR tickets. I've been wanting him for months, so I'm pretty happy :D
Got SSR STR Bardock and SR AGL Bardock on the same day.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah this tournament's been really good for me.

SSJ3 Goku (dupe, but want to raise SA anyways)
Mystic Gohan
Kid Buu
Kid Goku X2

Got all of the cards that will later get LR forms from Dokkan Fes bosses happy about that. Though SSJ3 Goku and Kid Buu are more usable than Cell. Confident in the Kid Buu fight since I have two SSR with the link required. Not sure how I'll do against SSJ3 Goku, since there's a turn limit and no special link. Hope I don't have to invest in cards that nuke

I feel they really wnet above and beyond by giving so many tickets out. Like, I wasn't affected by this issue at all and I figure most people weren't, but I got the ticket anyways

Well I got my prizes, Gold DB tickets gave me 2 SR INT Bulmas lol. It was funny because the first one was SSJ Goku while 2nd pull was SSJ2 Goku but both ended up with Bulma.

Selling the Hercules made me around 5mil zeni which I quickly spent awakening a shit ton of characters. Also got rid of a ton of character SRs that I'll never use and their abilities were crap too such as Sheng INT and Vegeta TEQ.

I finally did my Silver ticket pull and got..... SSG Goku AGL non Blue. I was pretty disappointed till I found out he can be used with SSG SS Goku which was a huge surprise to me. My AGL team is so powerful along with my INT.

I really do regret not going for the 100 wins to get the SSR ticket with the compensation and all. Would have been a better use of my stones than to pull and keep getting SRs.

Also I think it sucks how they worded the #2. compensation for people. #1 is ideal for the people that had the 100 win ticket and already pulled and if they use their 2 tickets from last tournament if they saved them. Meaning 3 + another 3 tickets for those that got a lucky break for saving their SSR tickets.

Meanwhile for #2 compensation, its for the people that saved their SSR tickets from last tournament or the ones that got 100 wins this tournament and didn't use it yet. This means that silver tickets will not get compensated! Simply because its impossible to have 5 silver tickets before 1/26/16 00:00 due to prize being given out today after maintenance. Unless you hacked or something went wrong, you should at most have 3 silver tickets until your other 3 came in on the 26th after the maintenance. Assuming you got the ranking for silver tickets last tournament and this tournament which was the case for me.

Bummer but I guess I can't complain too much.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Having 5 silver tickets during that time period is possible from the having a rank of 5 repeating numbers. There's only 9 people that could possibly be affected by that problem and they actually mentioned them.

Maxim726X

Can't believe they're giving us a bonus Gold SSR ticket. I was seriously expecting something like a 5 stone compensation lol

Yep, I also got an extra.

Got a AGI Kid Buu, and SSJ3 Goku (dupe)... In addition to the SSJ2 STR Gohan.

All in all, not too bad.

Does anyone know this- Can I use the dokkan SSJ3 on the same team with the regular SSJ3? Otherwise I guess he'll just be super fodder.

So many STR SSRs. More than I can fill a team with... Needed some Saiyan blues or purps.

Yep, I also got an extra.

Got a AGI Kid Buu, and SSJ3 Goku (dupe)... In addition to the SSJ2 STR Gohan.

All in all, not too bad.

Does anyone know this- Can I use the dokkan SSJ3 on the same team with the regular SSJ3? Otherwise I guess he'll just be super fodder.

So many STR SSRs. More than I can fill a team with... Needed some Saiyan blues or purps.

You shouldn't be able to since they have the same name.

Lupercal

Banned
I don't know how all of you survived doing the WT for 100 times.
I managed way more wins this time then the first tournament and I still tapped out after 30 wins.

yogloo

I actually enjoyed doing it. It started to feel boring to me after 70 wins.
It's mindless thing similar to the feeling of playing dynasty warriors.

All you JP players get a nice new start screen:

zC3XQfvl.jpg

Reddit's got some new changes in the JP 2.71 patch as well.

New skills have been added.
App icon and start screen image have been changed.
Improvements have been made to the Ki orb path.
You can now go to the stage where a dragon ball still needs to be collected from the dragon radar screen.
Option to turn story dialog on/off has been added. Can be selected just before entering a stage. Top right button when selecting the difficult of a level. (There will be story dialogs that can't be skipped).
You can now select which enemy to attack by selecting the enemy icon on the bottom where your team is displayed. No more attacking the wrong enemy.
Now your primary team will be selected just by sliding to the team that you want. You don't need to actually change a team member anymore to make it your primary team/leader for a friend.
UI improvements.
Bug fixes.
Officially iOS 9 compatible.

Loving the new QoL changes.

Does anyone know how to contact Dokkan Battle support? A number or an email?

support@bandainamcoent.com

Shanlei91

Eek...if I don't get Broly I'll have to reroll. No way am I ever doing the tourney again without having him to OHKO the opposing team to speed things up.

chrono01

Eek...if I don't get Broly I'll have to reroll. No way am I ever doing the tourney again without having him to OHKO the opposing team to speed things up.
I re-rolled a while back for SSG Goku...and I'm tempted to re-roll again for Broly if I don't get him.

Granted, I'm a low rank still so it won't be a total loss, but I can't keep re-rolling over these characters! All I want is to be lucky with one account, in where I can manage 2-3 SSR with my Dragon Stones (that link well together) so I can begin farming Tournaments so I can gain guaranteed SSR tickets and slowly build my roster. The problem I have, is that I usually get one SSR with each re-roll + a massive amount of Dragon Stones (250+) and then nothing else. :/

Shanlei91

He's a good card but he won't have what makes him amazing, the super that hits everyone, until he's dokkan awakened

Ya, but at least having him means that down the road when the event comes back I'll be able to dokkan him and be set for future tournaments.

As opposed to having multiple SSRs, being able to collect the medals, but having no Broly to make tournaments less time consuming. In an ideal world, I pull him from the 300+ stones I have saved on my main account. But I'm not hopeful that will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom