• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Force PS2?

jarrod

Banned
Well, this is what Sega Japan's site (and the D3 site) has...

-Vol. 1 Phantasy Star: Generation 1
-Vol. 2 Monaco GP
-Vol. 3 Fantasy Zone
-Vol. 4 Space Harrier
-Vol. 5 Golden Axe
-Vol. 6 Ichini no Tant-R + Bonanza Bros.
-Vol. 7 Columns
-Vol. 8 VR Virtua Racing: Flat Out
-Vol. 9 Gain Ground
-Vol. 10 After Burner II
-Vol. 11 Fist of the North Star
-Vol. 12 Puyo Puyo Tsuu Perfect Set
-Vol. 13 Outrun
-Vol. 14 Alien Syndrome
-Vol. 15 Decathlete Collection
-Vol. 16 Virtua Fighter 2

...upcoming...

-Alex Kid in Miracle World
-Phantasy Star II: The End of No Return
-Phantasy Star: The End of the Millenium
-Bare Knuckle
-Last Bronx: Tokyo Underground

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
how much has decathelete been improved?

I was hoping it would be brought up to Virtua Athelete level visually.

shoplifter

Yeah, I was like "WTF" when I saw it on NCS's list today. Cool beans by me, maybe that means we'll get it here.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
A US PS2 Dragon Force would be the greatest thing ever. Just cause a damned save wouldn't take up ALL the memory.

shoplifter

MetatronM said:
A US PS2 Dragon Force would be the greatest thing ever. Just cause a damned save wouldn't take up ALL the memory.

That's only what you suckers without a memory cartridge said. Mwaa haaa haa.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
God DAMN I nearly busted reading the topic title. A new game would fucking OWN, but I'll definitely take a port.

Props to Mikazuki for pimping what turned out to be the best Saturn game evar.

jarrod

Banned
levious said:
how much has decathelete been improved?

I was hoping it would be brought up to Virtua Athelete level visually.
Yep it looks like a Naomi game now suppossedly... and it includes not only Decathlete but also Winter Heat and Virtua Athlete too. :)

I'm hoping Conspiracy brings over VR, VF2 and Decathlete Collection as another Sega Ages Collection....

WarPig

I would be totally stoked if they released a special Decathlete controller. It could just have one big-ass button.

DFS.

bjork

Since they're getting into the Saturn softs now, what do you think the chances are of seeing a NiGHTS volume in this lineup? I'd buy two...

I would Love Dragon Force on the PS2 along with Virtua Fighters 2, Last Bronx, Virtua Racing and Decathlete. I own all these games on the Saturn, buty the saturn is packed up in the closet. I hope more Modle 2/ saturn games remakes continue. Please let the Dragon force be true.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
shoplifter said:
That's only what you suckers without a memory cartridge said. Mwaa haaa haa.
I actually have a memory cartridge, but it's still annoying that you HAD to have one, lest Dragon Force take over your Saturn altogether.

BlackMage

Banned
Speaking of Saturn memory cards. I could never find a Sega brand saturn memory card EVER. I only ever saw interact ones and all 7 of them that i bought did not work. Thus began my hatred for Interact.

Mareg

Oooooohhh, me going to caress my Dragon Force MINT copy right now. Aaaaaaahhh, now now, stumble upon the Saturn Working Designs lineup... Ooooooooh the jow. I think I'll hook up my Saturn tonight for some Dragon Force/Albert Odyssey !!!

shoplifter

Jonny said:
Speaking of Saturn memory cards. I could never find a Sega brand saturn memory card EVER. I only ever saw interact ones and all 7 of them that i bought did not work. Thus began my hatred for Interact.

You do know that you couldn't save to them -in game- right? You had to move stuff from the internal memory to it.

Only saying, cause I've heard this so many time and that was the problem.

Fularu

Banned
Jonny said:

They were pretty common.. I have 2 of them... The only third party product I have is a 4 meg cart even though I have the Sega BRanded one too

btrboyev

I sincerely hope this isn't happening....the game doesn't need updating for one and no doubt like almost all the ages titles..it will be worse than the original.

Shads

Man, I love Dragon Force, I always wished that they'd make another sequel to it, but a Sega Ages version wouldn't be too bad either. I remember I got my official Saturn memory cart from Working Designs. I think they even sold it like $5 cheaper than retail price.

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
One of the memorable things Dragon Force did was present a multi-tiered story that the player moved up through as the conflict escalated. So, the goal of the quest by the end was so much more epic than when it began. Other noteworthy details besides the fun Braveheart battles and campaigns were the artwork, which had such glowing color, and the orchestra scores.

The save file was definitely huge (had to use a memeory cart anyway to keep multiple characters' saves), but it was nice to have a console that actually had internal memory at all.

Mareg said:
Oooooohhh, me going to caress my Dragon Force MINT copy right now. Aaaaaaahhh, now now, stumble upon the Saturn Working Designs lineup... Ooooooooh the jow. I think I'll hook up my Saturn tonight for some Dragon Force/Albert Odyssey !!!

I bought those two at the same time. I love Dragon Force, but it glitched when I tried to save between battle phases one time too many for me to finish. I was far less impressed by Albert Odyssey, which seemed like it had a passable story, but was not terribly interesting as an RPG.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
jarrod said:
Yep it looks like a Naomi game now suppossedly... and it includes not only Decathlete but also Winter Heat and Virtua Athlete too. :)

well, you just commited me to finding a copy today, if that's even 2/3 true, I'll be estatic.

WarPig said:
I would be totally stoked if they released a special Decathlete controller. It could just have one big-ass button.

what, do you only like playing 100 meter dash?

Top Bottom