• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 8 TGS trailer

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
DQVIII, let me play you. That looks beyond awesome.

jett

D-Member
Can someone tell me what's the resolution and format of the video? My crappy PC has trouble playing hi-res stuff. I don't want to download a 30meg file for nothing. :p

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Good graphics? Check.
4 players in battles? Check.
8/16-bit era ungodly price tag? Checkmate

Now I just have to worry about the job/class/skill/whatever system and whether the overworld is like that of a normal RPG or on tracks like FFX or SO3.

Good job system + open overworld = all other ingredients in place.

The trailer kicks series ass although I'm not sure how that superbly lush overworld is going to play out cause from the vidz it looks like the only thing happening is the character running around - if its going to look so much like a action/platformer in 3d; I expect a lot more happening in the overworld.

That is my ONE quibble. The video is Faptastic and while I never liked the DBZ art; this stuff is stellar - the combat seems to be really exciting (and dare I say quite FF). The cel shading is top notch and that combined with the art makes this incredibly pretty.

I can't wait! What's the date on a US release if there's one?

belgurdo

Banned
dog$ said:
Good graphics? Check.
4 players in battles? Check.
8/16-bit era ungodly price tag? Checkmate

Now I just have to worry about the job/class/skill/whatever system and whether the overworld is like that of a normal RPG or on tracks like FFX or SO3.

Good job system + open overworld = all other ingredients in place.

RPG overworlds that make you go from point A to point B are no different from games where you go in a straight line or pick from a point to point map

olimario

Banned
I'm really not impressed with the visuals.
The animation seems really stiff and the overworld seems so lifeless.

I'd love to see Enix do a more serious take on Dragon Warrior. I remember DW1 being so serious. I'd love that style music and some ICO TEAM inspired art in the next.

Top Bottom