• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drakan Series

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Convince me. Why do I want these games? Namely, I'm talking about Drakan - Order of Flame for the PC and Drakan - The Ancients' Gates for the PS2.

Someone please tell me about these two games. What makes them good, what makes them bad. Are they truly connected? Are there any other games in the series I should know about?

wipeout364

I liked Draken Ancients gate. That is till I hit the game stopping bug, 20 hours in. That kind of left me sour. Its fun, just watch out for that F*$kin cave you have to take your dragon through. Or you'll end up like me, wandering around for a couple of hours wondering what to do then to realize the dragon was supposed to come too, and guess what there is no way to get your dragon back ie your game is F*@ked.. I just didn't have it in me to restart.

wipeout364

Don't get me wrong I really liked the game. I was having a really good time and I never sold it but it was really disappointing. Basically you spend the game going into caves by yourself but then there is a big cave you have to enter. YOu can go by yourself and jump off a cliff on the other side. There is no way back up the cliff and you can't call your dragon. Unfortunately I just thought this was part of the game and continued to play. So after a couple of hours I had overwritten my save files. Check GAMEFAQS for a complete description of how to avoid this glitch.

Mejilan

No one has played the PC original?

And wasn't there a Dreamcast Drakan in the works? Ported? Cancelled? Am I stoned?

lordmrw

I always meant to play the PC original, but I didn't have a computer at the time it was released. Finding a copy of it is next to impossible nowadays. I just know its gonna be hard to get into, since by all rights i'll be like taking a step gameplay wise from Ancient Gates. Anyone have sales figures for Ancient Gates? I'd like to know the likelihood of us getting a sequel.

Mejilan

I just picked up a copy of the PC original from Amazon Marketplaces. 20 bucks for one that was complete, opened but never played.

ShadowRed

Banned
Mejilan said:
No one has played the PC original?

And wasn't there a Dreamcast Drakan in the works? Ported? Cancelled? Am I stoned?

I played the PC version, got half way through loaned it to a friend and he let it get stolen. Then a year later I bough a used one but never installed it or took it out the package. I really enjoyed the game the dragon fights were sort of screwy but an enjoyable game none the less.

RiZ III

The one on PS2 is awwwwsome. Once you get the Dragon that is. The first dungeon may be a bit of a turn off, but get past it and it gets a lot better. Flying around, finding hidden caves and then going in there and slaughtering all the little orcs. Ahh good times.

Mashing

Drakan on the PC was pretty cool... but it was ruined, and I mean totally ruined due to it's ASSTACULAR ending... pitiful is not a strong enough word to describing that ending... ugh.

RiZ III

Yea the ending in Drakan 2 is kinda crappy too. Really really rushed. I was like.. ahh wtf. Either way, the rest of the game kicked ass.

Top Bottom