• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIV3R Improved For Japanese Version?

I remember reading how DRIV3R really, really sucks. So, I wasn't planning on picking up the Japanese version, which comes out on 10/28. But then, the game gets reviewed by the Japanese press and actually manages to get a 10 and a 9 (it also got a seven, but this reviewer didn't really complain about anything).

What gives?

These scores are from "The Playstation," by the way.

Sho Nuff

Banned
The Famitsu review probably consisted of this:

"This is a driving game. It is more about action than racing. The graphics are beautiful. The Driver is scary! You can knock over stopsigns, too! Score: 9"

These scores are from The PlayStation, Sho "I HATE FAMITSU AND I'M A STUPID SUCKER WHO SUCKS" Nuff.

You better bring my GameCube and PS2 copies of Soul Calibur II tomorrow or else. I tried the Xbox version in 720p and it was the most godly experience in the history of the world. I want to see how inferior the PS2 and GCN versions are.

Uhh... the guy who gave DRIV3R a 10 said the game is full of things to see like intense gun fights and fast-paced car chase scenes. The game system feels like it took the best parts of FPS and racing games. The way the story presents itself is good -- you progress through missions as if you're watching a movie. It's an example of a game that offers lots of things to play and do.

Brofist

The Japanese commercial for it is terrible, I would never buy it based on that alone (that and that the game blows)

At what times and on what channels have you seen the Japanese commercial? I need to record it to add it to my collection.

Brofist

Don't remember the channel..TV Osaka maybe which is Ch 19 for me. It was pretty late when I saw it, actually about this time I recall..figures haven't seen it yet tonight though. I'll switch through the channels for it.

Sho Nuff

Banned
AndriaSang said:
These scores are from The PlayStation, Sho "I HATE FAMITSU AND I'M A STUPID SUCKER WHO SUCKS" Nuff.

You better bring my GameCube and PS2 copies of Soul Calibur II tomorrow or else. I tried the Xbox version in 720p and it was the most godly experience in the history of the world. I want to see how inferior the PS2 and GCN versions are.

Uhh... the guy who gave DRIV3R a 10 said the game is full of things to see like intense gun fights and fast-paced car chase scenes. The game system feels like it took the best parts of FPS and racing games. The way the story presents itself is good -- you progress through missions as if you're watching a movie. It's an example of a game that offers lots of things to play and do.

The PlayStation? They still have that piece of crap magazine? Don't they print that on ditto paper and do the layout in the Print Shop on Apple //es?

And I don't even have your copies of SCII. I took a big stinky crap on them and then gave them both to Mr. Singh.

axxxj

Animator in Waiting
I do apologies to everyone who bought the game and now also the japenese people who decided to suffer through it.

I had no direct hand in making it sucky it was already on the slippery slope when i arrived. I do apologise tho.

Sorry

(we should have named it "DRIV3R QA Testing Simulator")

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Better than the gem they released in the states... isn't possible I say!!

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
kpop100 said:
The Japanese commercial for it is terrible, I would never buy it based on that alone (that and that the game blows)

Isn't Mirko Cro-Cop in the Japanese commercial? I swear, I heard that somewhere...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Minotauro said:
Isn't Mirko Cro-Cop in the Japanese commercial? I swear, I heard that somewhere...
What a great spokesperson… with the personality of driftwood…

Top Bottom