• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drunk thread: anonymous alcoholics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minus_Me

Was so drunk after a concert yesterday that I didn't realize I was talking to a member of Arcade Fire at my regular hangout. The guy brought skis to the bar and was skiing down the street?

Wool

Was so drunk after a concert yesterday that I didn't realize I was talking to a member of Arcade Fire at my regular hangout. The guy brought skis to the bar and was skiing down the street?

You should have asked him to do that "OOOOOO AAAA ooooo OOOHHH" song.

Minus_Me

I didn't notice until he left, I have no idea what most people in the band look like. Didn't realize until my gf asked if I got an autograph.

AcridMeat

Banned
What are you fine lads doing this evening?
UevsngB.gif

Dead Man

So... old school freind I haven't seen in about 15 years facebooked me, she just separated form her husband. Do I have drinks with her?

Kind of forgot but I met a girl last weekend and she texted me yesterday wanting to hang out. We're going to meet up tonight and I'm going to take her and her friends to a few local bars.

This will be my first true test of the beer goggles in a long time. I remember her being cute/cool but whether that's the case sober I have no idea. We shall see.

Thanks, dude.

Do they have an interpersonal communication course available? I've always thought that to be a pretty valuable course for just about anyone to take. Granted, I'm a COM major so I may be biased.

ATF487

They seem nice

So my truck battery is on the fritz and died while I was getting gas. So I walk up to the attendant dude (who has a busted and sewn up lip) and ask him if he can help me out. He grabs some jumper cables and goes up to another dude, and asks if he can "help him jump someone".

Dude immediately perks up, pulls his hoodie over his head, and goes "yeah, where is he? Let's fuck him up". Dude was ready to throw down without hesitation lol. He did help me jump my truck, but I could tell he was disappointed.

Montana I love you. I feel having people willing to get in brawls without any warning or context are useful to have around.

Haha that dude sounds awesome. I'd say buy him a drink but maybe not the best idea...

About to jump on the subway and go check out some bars closer to downtown for the first time woo. One is called the People's Republik...gonna get my Marx on

balddemon

Banned
Thanks, dude.

Do they have an interpersonal communication course available? I've always thought that to be a pretty valuable course for just about anyone to take. Granted, I'm a COM major so I may be biased.

it's the easiest class you'll ever take, no speeches (at least in mine), and you make lots of friends. just learn how to communicate, it's nice. I got a 98% in that class, and 100 on the final haha.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
it's the easiest class you'll ever take, no speeches (at least in mine), and you make lots of friends. just learn how to communicate, it's nice. I got a 98% in that class, and 100 on the final haha.

Thanks, dude.

I already figured it out! There's this class where you get to tutor kids in k-12 grade for 2.5 units. I signed up for that. Man, I love kids hahaha this should be fun.

balddemon

Banned
I already figured it out! There's this class where you get to tutor kids in k-12 grade for 2.5 units. I signed up for that. Man, I love kids hahaha this should be fun.

oh boy kids are great. my mom was tellling me about this little girl she works with who can't rhyme. one day they were rhyming "tall, fall, call" and the girl says "kitten!". smh young chica, lern2rhyme.

and apparently the other day they were trying to teach her to rhyme again with the "1, 2, buckle my shoe. 3, 4, shut the door." kinda stuff. my mom repeated it several times and then said "complete the sentence. 1, 2, buckle my ____."

the girl says, "seatbelt?"

oh also when asked to rhyme something with stop, she said "it".

haha kids are so adorable and their logic is usually flawless.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
oh boy kids are great. my mom was tellling me about this little girl she works with who can't rhyme. one day they were rhyming "tall, fall, call" and the girl says "kitten!". smh young chica, lern2rhyme.

and apparently the other day they were trying to teach her to rhyme again with the "1, 2, buckle my shoe. 3, 4, shut the door." kinda stuff. my mom repeated it several times and then said "complete the sentence. 1, 2, buckle my ____."

the girl says, "seatbelt?"

oh also when asked to rhyme something with stop, she said "it".

haha kids are so adorable and their logic is usually flawless.

yeah, I learned a lot about children in my developmental psych class last quarter. developing brains are such an egmatic thing. its only natural though. they have to learn so much in so little time until pre and teen years hit.

Kwixotik

I tutor some elementary school kids four hours a week. They're crazy and hard to control, but they're pretty cool too. It's a good way to get away from the real world for a little while because they keep you too busy to think about anything else you have to do lol.

edit: just from the last session I learned that you get wood by pulling it off of trees. Also people in the Netherlands have bad lives because their levy broke.

Kids are great. I used to teach swimming lessons and at one point I was teaching a class with a couple 3 years old in it, one of which had a moment where he'd stare at me dead in the eye with this super weird look on his face and not say a word. I eventually went over to him to see what was going on, but before I could say anything he spoke up and said, "I didn't pee."

The rest was history.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I tutor some elementary school kids four hours a week. They're crazy and hard to control, but they're pretty cool too. It's a good way to get away from the real world for a little while because they keep you too busy to think about anything else you have to do lol.

edit: just from the last session I learned that you get wood by pulling it off of trees. Also people in the Netherlands have bad lives because their levy broke.
Aw man that sounds fulfilling. I think I made the right choice.

Dead Man

Go dead man. It's just a little drink =}
I think I sahll, worse come to worse at least we can have a catch up
Kind of forgot but I met a girl last weekend and she texted me yesterday wanting to hang out. We're going to meet up tonight and I'm going to take her and her friends to a few local bars.

This will be my first true test of the beer goggles in a long time. I remember her being cute/cool but whether that's the case sober I have no idea. We shall see.
Good luck!
That sounds awesome. I work with teenagers, but kids are pretty great to work with too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom