• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS Hater Changes Mind

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Just played Metroid and Mario on DS. Previously I was a skeptic. Now I am 100% sold. Metroid and the "stupid thumb thing" work exceptionally well. Retro's excuses about no "mouselook" on second analog stick are now proven to be retarded. Metroid with thumblook rules.

Mario is cool, but mostly, the system itself is lovely. Knowing that Sony will totally fuck up the PSP movie and audio playback in some retarded way has convinced me to go buy a stupid DS on Tues. And to be clear, I think Nintendo's mainstream MTV style marketing for the thing is beyond stupid. But the DS itself rocks.

SantaC

damn I really can't afford a DS at launch since I have bought so many damn games latley. I'll wait a month or two and then get one.

Deg

Banned
Stinkles said:
. Metroid and the "stupid thumb thing" work exceptionally well. Retro's excuses about no "mouselook" on second analog stick are now proven to be retarded. Metroid with thumblook rules.

Thats because its an fps unlike Retro's games ;)

reallyshocked.gif

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I still like the PSP, I just have no faith in Sony's lawyers to make movie watching and music listening anything other than torture.

To balance things off as a SONY hater, my first Sony gaming system ever will be the PSP :)

Unless Animal Crossing DS comes out around the same time
:D

montanha

just played Asphault GT. pretty damn good racer. the frame-rate was fast. pretty legit.

also played Metroid DS at and EB last night. it was pretty cool. controls were ass though.

Tenguman

Stinkles said:
Retro's excuses about no "mouselook" on second analog stick are now proven to be retarded. Metroid with thumblook rules.
You do realize that Hunters and Prime are two totally different styles of game.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Well I can not get the QT version, I do not have Insider. I have to use the shitty wmv. I was watching them outside of the browser in a media player.

mumu said:
The window is empty (black), you can't grab overlay stuff with the PrntScrn button. Ninja edit!

Ya, I meant to save as.

snapshot20041118154444.jpg

I have Insider and anytime I click save as I get a non-working file

So I think something else is up... viewing from the site works but downloading does not

Kon Tiki

Banned
Weird, plays in winamp of all things.

Age of Empires, Mech Assault, and It's Mr Pants from Rare announced for Gizamondo.

I'm not having any problems here. Though sadly, I dislike these direct feeds, everything is so crystal clear as opposed to the actual screen able to blur out some of the texture problems. Sometimes I can't even see what the hell is going on in Hunters. :p

Though, I don't feel that because of these screens and vids that people's complaints can be justified. From what I hear, these problems just aren't apparent at all in person.

Matlock

Banned
I saw the DS in GameStop, crouched down to the low-setting setup, and tapped away.

Eventually, another guy came up, started playing.

Only thing I can really say is: Multiplayer Metroid DS rocks.

Amir0x

Banned
I've played it. I really liked it a lot. The graphics were definitely nicer close up then they were in pics (because, frankly, in pics they look ugly). The controls work pretty well overall, although after a while it became a bit painful holding DS with one hand as I worked at the stylus with the other. The thumbstrap supposedly fixes that problem, but I wasn't able to use it. Other than that minor concern, I had a blast with the Nintendo DS.

Not that I needed to be persuaded, I already had it pre-ordered ;)

I'm only a fan of the console manufacturer who has the biggest library and a chance to bring about the ONE CONSOLE WORLD. I'm no PSP fan -- like the hardware, but can't trust the quality or the battery life. I'd take it over a DS, but then again, I'd take another Matlock college thread over a DS.

Drinky Crow said:
I'm only a fan of the console manufacturer who has the biggest library and a chance to bring about the ONE CONSOLE WORLD. I'm no PSP fan -- like the hardware, but can't trust the quality or the battery life. I'd take it over a DS, but then again, I'd take another Matlock college thread over a DS.

but Sony has won why troll?

Specifically, I have a problem when I hafta buy more than one console and one portable to get all the games I want.

On the DS, though? Advance Wars DS, and that's about it.

AniHawk

Drinky Crow said:
I'm only a fan of the console manufacturer who has the biggest library and a chance to bring about the ONE CONSOLE WORLD.

You must have been devastated when the Genesis became popular.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
drniky cow still doesn't grasp that even if it were possible to have a one console world (which it isn't) that it would mean lack of competition and in the end lack of innovation.

Top Bottom