• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS pictochat???? Distance of function????

samusx

Banned
OK so how far away is this things range supposed to be? How many people can you chat with at the same time? What are the features and functions of the program? Is it possible to upgrade the internal program in the future, like with lets say chat games?

Chittagong

Gold Member
Ever thought of looking into Nintendo.com?

Wireless: DS users will be able to connect with a local wireless network of up to 16 players. Nintendo's guaranteed range is 30 feet, but will extend far beyond that depending on circumstances. It assures high response rates required for real time game play, and will make use of both IEEE 802.11 and Nintendo's proprietary communication protocol, which provides low battery consumption. Players will be able to chat and play games without any connecting cords, completely untethered. The DS technology also provides for a wireless LAN connection, which could allow a theoretically infinite number of players to connect at a hot spot and compete at a central game hub on the Internet, even if they're thousands of miles apart.

http://www.nintendo.com/ds/overview.jsp

samusx

Banned
To be 100% honest, No. I have never thought of looking at Nintendo's web site for any sort of real information. Since I can remember Nintendo has trained me to believe that they don't like to tell there fans information that they want to know.

And if they do tell you something it is usually marketing crap.

Like, "Do you like games? Do you like having fun? Are you still at the age of wearing diapers? Then you will love our newest game. Mario's happy romp at tropical balloon island.

The DS is starting to look kind of neet and I just wanted some real info from real people. Plus that Nintendo crack was fun, and it is such an easy joke. The truth hurts though.

But thanks.

Ok. At a confrence we tested this and the range is real good for the most part. We had a 8 person chat room and it all worked with no issues. We were able to cover roughly 1 floor through walls about 20m around closed doors. We also figured out that the link will bounce off system to system, but it got foggy here so I would have to test it again to verify that.

Spazbiohaz said:
Ok. At a confrence we tested this and the range is real good for the most part. We had a 8 person chat room and it all worked with no issues. We were able to cover roughly 1 floor through walls about 20m around closed doors. We also figured out that the link will bounce off system to system, but it got foggy here so I would have to test it again to verify that.

so I take it through your edits... O_0 I envy u sir :)

GDGF

Soothsayer
Spazbiohaz said:
We also figured out that the link will bounce off system to system, but it got foggy here so I would have to test it again to verify that.

That is an interesting statement considering some of the ideas going around regarding Warp Pipe's new service.

panic114.jpg

samusx said:
To be 100% honest, No. I have never thought of looking at Nintendo's web site for any sort of real information. Since I can remember Nintendo has trained me to believe that they don't like to tell there fans information that they want to know.

And if they do tell you something it is usually marketing crap.

Like, "Do you like games? Do you like having fun? Are you still at the age of wearing diapers? Then you will love our newest game. Mario's happy romp at tropical balloon island.

The DS is starting to look kind of neet and I just wanted some real info from real people. Plus that Nintendo crack was fun, and it is such an easy joke. The truth hurts though.

But thanks.

self pnwed! :D

Top Bottom