• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dscaler w/ capture card or All-In-Wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was looking into purchasing a new videocard, but at the same time thought it would be nice to have a video capture card for games and perhaps some TV. Is the quality with a cheap capture card such as a Leadtek PCI TV/FM Tuner Card + Dscaler software better quality than the video capture capabilities built in the ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro? I have heard that Dscaler works great, but it does not support the All-In-Wonder.

Burger

In my experience, a video capture card for playing games on your PC monitor is a big waste of time.

I would much much rather play something on my interlaced tv, it's far better. Dscaler does fuck all really to improve this. Dscaler is a really good program if you run any kind of projector/hdtv from your PC though, its a very good and cheap line doubler.

If you really really want to play games on your monitor, get something like the XRGB-2

http://atarilabs.com/meat/2001/0120_XRGB2.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom