• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DSTV Tuner for Nintendo DS announced

http://www.gamefront.de

Cool, watch TV on your Nintendo DS or GBASP :)

babelfish

TV Tuner for Nintendo DS announced

11/18/04 - Nintendo announced a DSTV Tuner in the new issue of Nintendo Dream, which connects with the Nintendo DS or Game Boy Advance SP for the television receipt.

It is put into the conventional GBA slot and is as big as the Nintendo DS. With 3 alkali batteries it has a running time of approximately six hours.

The distribution company is Agatsuma Entertainmet (never heard of them before).

Release Date: Spring 2005 (Japan)

Price: Yen 9,240 (Euro 68/USD 89).

neo2046

they steal my scan so fast :lol

up12204.jpg

It plugs into the GBA slot but is as big as the Nintendo DS? Hmm.. ;)

Still, sounds interesting though..

Edit: The above picture now answers my question..

snapty00

Banned
Wait. If it connects to GBA, too, then does that mean -- for all intents and purposes -- that it's a GBA cartridge? In other words, does this mean that it will only run at GBA resolutions?

And my God, it's huge.

snapty00

Banned
Really, why is it so large? I know there are far smaller TV tuners out there, and they include the screen and everything.

I'm pretty sure one of the third parties will make a smaller one than this. There are pretty small ones for GBA already IIRC. I say small relatively speaking of course - after looking at this picture and my Xbox for several minutes.

Make it smaller and I'm sold. Actually, I'd be far more interested in an SD adaptor or large writable flash memory for media. Especially photo editing. I really hope the Manebito camera turns out to be for Nintendo DS rather than for (or as well as) the Gamecube. Photo editing and image sharing with stylus = :D

Top Bottom