• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Duke 3d Question

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Was there ever a windows mod released for Duke 3d akin to zDoom or its million counterparts? Been thinking of playing through it again.

I know there were windows front ends, and I played around with Glide and D3D versions of Blood, so I'm going to assume that something has cropped up somewhere, though I've not seen it.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Sweet I've been looking for something like this. Duke doesn't work in XP anymore :(

Damn you Microsoft.

M3wThr33

Banned
Duke3D Xp will come out before Duke Nukem Forever.

Get it guys? DN4 isn't out yet!

But on a real note, anyone ever play the disneyland levels?

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
M3wThr33 said:
Duke3D Xp will come out before Duke Nukem Forever.

Get it guys? DN4 isn't out yet!

But on a real note, anyone ever play the disneyland levels?

You mean the "Babe Land" levels? If so, then yes.

And Duke 3D works on Windows XP... I was just playing it 2 months ago on this computer with Windows XP Pro.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Doesn't work on mine at all in XP. It tries to go in and then just crashes back to desktop. With the program that Schafer found, I can now play it again :)

citan

Sweet, downloading now, does anyone know if they did the same with Trillian, X-wing, or Tie Fighter?

Tain

I <3 Duke3D. I can't wait until JonoF's port includes a decent in-game multiplayer matchmaker of some kind.

Even further, I can't wait until a) I can figure out how to implement MD2s, and b) The e-duke Con enhancements are added so I can actually change weapon properties.

Top Bottom