• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dunkin' Donuts opens first store in California

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in LA a few weeks ago and I was like where the fuck are the DDs. They are on every three blocks on the east coast. I prefer their donuts to krispy kreme's

Everyone from the East coast seems to swear by Dunkin Donuts. I had figured it was just a garbage coffee chain, the equivalent of McDonalds or something. The passion it inspires is surprising to me.

Dunkin' Donuts is Ok at best but since you west coast guys got it now share the love and send In and Out to the east coast.

jackdoe

I was in LA a few weeks ago and I was like where the fuck are the DDs. They are on every three blocks on the east coast. I prefer their donuts to krispy kreme's
Blasphemy. Where I'm from, I would kill for a Krispy Kreme. Instead, I have Dunkin Donuts every three miles.

terrisus

This is how I fill up my cup

Cuphead
image.php

Also, silly California, missing out on having a Dunkin' Donuts every mile like we do out East.

cory64

I just don't understand how in a place where there's Krispy Kreme why anyone would care about Dunkin' Donuts.

Krispy Kreme only lasted like 8 months when they opened one up by us. This was at the height of the low carb fad of the early 00s, so that may have had something to do with it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Dunkin' Donuts' name is almost misleading in a sense. Around here at least (Boston), it's a coffee shop first and foremost. No one makes a big deal out of the donuts. They have a huge menu otherwise, and they roll out something new every two or three weeks. Hell, over the years they've had pizza, flatbreads, deli sandwiches, a ridiculous amount of breakfast sandwiches/biscuits/croissants/whatever — it's not in the same category as Krispy Kreme anymore, really.

DarkFlow

Banned
You tellin' me I was watching all those commercials for a store that wasn't even in the goddamn state?

This is bullshit, man.

I used to get Sonic commercials when I lived in Niagara Falls, NY. The closest sonic was in PA, like 9 hours away. Drove me insane.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
coffee and the breakfast sandwiches are great, donuts taste very manufactured to me and there are only about 5 hashbrowns in an order. So a mixed bag, imho. they moved into an old arby's not too far from where I live in Houston a year or two ago. Donuts wise I would stick with the local mega company, but the sandwhiches I find to be pretty good.

Dunkin' Donuts' name is almost misleading in a sense. Around here at least (Boston), it's a coffee shop first and foremost. No one makes a big deal out of the donuts. They have a huge menu otherwise, and they roll out something new every two or three weeks. Hell, over the years they've had pizza, flatbreads, deli sandwiches, a ridiculous amount of breakfast sandwiches/biscuits/croissants/whatever — it's not in the same category as Krispy Kreme anymore, really.

Yeah I was confused that people were even mentioning donuts. Coffee is a much bigger commodity.

Rootbeer

Banned
San Francisco please.

Sorry Bobs. Sorry Dynamo. Sometimes you just want a classic.

Wish we had krispy kreme too.

sirap

Yo dawgs, you can't compare Krispy Kreme with Dunkins. While I agree that nothing can fuck with KK's fresh, out of the oven original glazed donuts, Dunkins taste fucking delicious cold.

ultron87

I always wonder, where do these people who camp out in lines at night put their camping gear when the doors open? (for conventions, black friday, movies, etc)

Someone holds your spot while you go and put your stuff in your car a little bit before the end.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I could have sworn that there was a DD a few blocks from here. Maybe it's a different chain. I can't tell them apart.

RangersFan

When I lived in LA for a few years I was shocked at how much I missed DD. Winchell's and other doughnut shops never matched up. Being an NYer with DD's everywhere I really took them for granted. Whenever someone called DD shit I never disagreed but now that I saw the other doughnut options in SoCal I think a lot of people will be happy with DD's arrival.

Lazyslob

Banned
first store. what? there have been dunkin donuts in california for a while. there are like 3 near me. maybe they are knock offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom