• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dusk Golem: Konami is developing a Silent Hill game internally

Draugoth

Gold Member

(2/2) Obviously, Silent Hill 2 Remake will be releasing in a few months on October 7th for PC & PS5. Silent Hill Townfall & Silent Hill f are also announced for the future. There is also a internally developed SH game in the works, and a couple other unannounced things.

A Silent Hill game internally developed by Konami and "a couple of other unnounced things." Don't think this has been rumored until now.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
DpbpZ2P.jpeg

As always, while Capcom treats Resident Evil like their graceful and loving wife, Konami treats Silent Hill like a 2 dollar retired "whore" that is being forced to do things at gun point.

- Ascension, flies-infested garbage.

- The Short Message, out of touch with mental health issues, and mediocre.

SH 2 Remake is not aiming up to be fantastic.
Which is exactly the problem. It can't be just good. It has to be at the very least great. And I very much doubt it will be.

SH F is interesting, VERY interesting in fact, and had a beautiful trailer, but is coming after one trash and one mediocre game, and a probable underwhelming Remake.

And NOW, if this is real, they are making more.

Konami should just release a collection of PORTS of SH 1, 2, 3, 4 and Shattered Memories, and let Silent Hill rest.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Silent Hill is an ancient franchise at this point, mostly fondly remembered for 1 game (Silent Hill 2) made by a very specific group of artists at a specific time, that can't really be recreated.

My advice to everyone is to just forget that anything coming says Silent Hill on the box. It's just some new horror game. Give it a shot and you might even enjoy it. If you cling to thinking it's "Silent Hill" you're literally never going to be happy.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
SH2 remake looks solid to me. Its just the terminal malcontents that have been dogging on it from the start.

Sorry, but when you have people who are more invested in seeing a thing fail -presumably to prove they are "right"- than the possibility that it might turn out good in the run-up to release, nothing else for it but to "tune them out".

GrayChild

That doesn't mean much to me.

The first 4 Silent Hill games were masterpieces not because they were Japanese, or developed by an in-house Konami studio. It was the people in Team Silent and they they lent their unique talents to each other. Unless Konami has pouched some geniuses or they find a way to bring back the majority of that creative force, I'm remaining skeptical.

SHA

As always, while Capcom treats Resident Evil like their graceful and loving wife, Konami treats Silent Hill like a 2 dollar retired "whore" that is being forced to do things at gun point.

Which is exactly the problem. It can't be just good. It has to be at the very least great. And I very much doubt it will be.

SH F is interesting, VERY interesting in fact, and had a beautiful trailer, but is coming after one trash and one mediocre game, and a probable underwhelming Remake.

Konami should just release a collection of PORTS of SH 1, 2, 3, 4 and Shattered Memories, and let Silent Hill rest.
Capcom isn't that different actually, what will they do after releasing all the remakes? A shooter game that will eventually have straight forward campaign from the first try? typical re games have difficult places and usually you get stuck in between, but that didn't happen after the first re remake.

Last edited:
Capcom isn't that different actually, what comes after the remakes? A shooter from the first run aimed for speed running? , the first run shouldn't be that smooth, it's their main issue recently and they should fix that.
Sorry, I don't get what you mean.
If you want to elaborate, please do.

Reactions: SHA

Yeah, doesn't matter how you feel about Metal Gear Delta, or Persona 3 Reload, etc. - at least the original versions are officially available in HD in most modern e-stores. But screwing up SH2 without a decent legal way to play the original just sucks.

Last edited:
For all we know they got the old band back together to make Silent Hill 5. It's safe to assume Konami knows the lightning in a bottle they captured. But what i think Konami should do is remake metal gear 1 and metal gear 2 solid snake on unreal engine 5 and have david hayter write the script.

Killer8

Capcom have handled Resident Evil better than Konami handled Silent Hill, but they are not perfect and treated their own franchise horrifically in the mid-2010s. People forget that in a 5 year period their output was Resident Evil 6, Operation Raccoon City, Umbrella Corps and the middling Revelations 2. Just trash.

It was only through what was essentially a first-person reboot (RE7), its sequel, and a slew of remakes that have all followed a very similar formula, that they got the series back on track. Even then, they still released multiplayer flops like Resistance and Re:Verse, and as much as I liked the RE3 remake it also had its detractors.

RE was also always a much, much bigger franchise than Silent Hill. You could throw a dart at a board and hit a RE game with higher sales than the entire SH series put together. Capcom have a winning formula again and much higher budgets to throw around, versus the guerrilla publishing approach that Konami have to do where they're licensing the IP out to cheap indie and AA developers to see what will stick after a 10 year hiatus.

Capcom have handled Resident Evil better than Konami handled Silent Hill, but they are not perfect and treated their own franchise horrifically in the mid-2010s. People forget that in a 5 year period their output was Resident Evil 6, Operation Raccoon City, Umbrella Corps and the middling Revelations 2. Just trash.
Completely agree. I meant in recent years. But I didn't specify that, my bad.
It was only through what was essentially a first-person reboot (RE7), its sequel, and a slew of remakes that have all followed a very similar formula, that they got the series back on track. Even then, they still released multiplayer flops like Resistance and Re:Verse, and as much as I liked the RE3 remake it also had its detractors.
After RE 1 and 2 Remake, 3 broke the streak they were having, for sure... I really like it too, but yeah...
RE was also always a much, much bigger franchise than Silent Hill. You could throw a dart at a board and hit a RE game with higher sales than the entire SH series put together. Capcom have a winning formula again and much higher budgets to throw around, versus the guerrilla publishing approach that Konami have to do where they're licensing the IP out to cheap indie and AA developers to see what will stick after a 10 year hiatus.
You are right, yeah...

bitbydeath

Silent Hill is an ancient franchise at this point, mostly fondly remembered for 1 game (Silent Hill 2) made by a very specific group of artists at a specific time, that can't really be recreated.

My advice to everyone is to just forget that anything coming says Silent Hill on the box. It's just some new horror game. Give it a shot and you might even enjoy it. If you cling to thinking it's "Silent Hill" you're literally never going to be happy.
Silent Hill 1 is still the best IMO
2 is better than 3 though.
All three are fondly remembered.

Let's not forget that while it looks like an interesting Horror game, SH f looks like Konami threw some money and the franchise name at a random Horror game project. Much like the other shit they're throwing against the wall to get on that RE Remake hype, if it didn't have the name attached, it would have no discernible elements of the series. This one just happens to not come off like PURE bargain bin trash like the other random multimedia nonsense.

Last edited:

Pretty much. I am well prepared to endure the shitty writing from start to end, if that's what it ends up being.
I think the graphics look nice, so I don't really feel there is a problem there.

Top Bottom