• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dutch GAF - BARS(S)

Paasei

I was in Leiden last week. A cute postcard style town.

8g5ydaC.jpeg
Yeah, it’s a great small city. In the summer I usually go for a walk around the canals where the city walls used to be. Great hike and it’s only 15 - 20min away from where I live.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Klote weer

Yup. Hardcore regen en zware wind vanmorgen.

Afgezwakt nu.

Kwam goed uit moest ff naar de buurt appie.

Lebanese flatbread met kippedijen gyros. Heb rode ui, gemixte kool/wortel wat ik laat weken in remia tuinkruiden sla "saus" en wat tzatziki en sambal oelek.

Soort turkse pizza a la 22 lol.

Lekker knus binnenzit weer imo.

PjgilyK.jpeg

Last edited:
I wonder what our American brethern make of our HEMA hot dogs. IKEA used to be the king of hot dogs here but that was a long time ago. Now they just serve veggie dogs.

Zathalus

Been living in the Netherlands for two years now. I’ve been staying in Hilversum. Lovely country, people are friendly if a bit direct (which I enjoy). I’m Afrikaans with most of my ancestors being Dutch, so the language barrier is not large. My only major complaint is Dutch food, damn guys would it kill you to use some spice? Also, fuck me food is expensive here, like damn.

Boozeroony

Gold Member
Been living in the Netherlands for two years now. I’ve been staying in Hilversum. Lovely country, people are friendly if a bit direct (which I enjoy). I’m Afrikaans with most of my ancestors being Dutch, so the language barrier is not large. My only major complaint is Dutch food, damn guys would it kill you to use some spice? Also, fuck me food is expensive here, like damn.
Hillywood!

Food can be bland here, but you need to find the right places.

Zathalus

Hillywood!

Food can be bland here, but you need to find the right places.
Oh yeah, no problems on that front I usually cook myself and there are a lot of great Asian places around. I just tried some Dutch recipes when I first got here and came away a bit disappointed. Dutch baked goods and cheese are great though.

I’m adapting quite well, my understanding of Dutch is fine, I can read near perfectly and mostly write (with terrible grammar) but I’m still not confident speaking yet (other then simple conversation phrases), but my daughter has been in a Dutch school for two years now and is basically fluent.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I wonder what our American brethern make of our HEMA hot dogs. IKEA used to be the king of hot dogs here but that was a long time ago. Now they just serve veggie dogs.

WTF. I only know them for their Rookworsten lol.

Traditional Dutch food is very (pretty?) low on the worldwide cuisine tier list.

Thank god for Indonesian, Surinam, Turkish and Döner places.

In regards to our directness ...

It's more nuanced and obviously different per person than it's being displayed regarding it being an aspect within the spectrum of Dutch stereotypes IMHO.

Hillywood!

Food can be "X" here, but you need to find the right places.

Goes for a lot of countries me thinks but you're so right regarding The Netherlands in particular.

I mean, a well crafted andijvie stampot can be soo tastefull though.

Can't remember the last time I ate traditional Dutch food. Including it's fast food form. Love me a Van Dobben and or Kwekkeboom kalfsvlees kroket op een kadetje met een beetje mosterd yumyum

En slightly doorgefrituurde patatjes met zaanse mayo sate saus en rauwe uitjes.

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

Oh yeah, no problems on that front I usually cook myself and there are a lot of great Asian places around. I just tried some Dutch recipes when I first got here and came away a bit disappointed. Dutch baked goods and cheese are great though.

I’m adapting quite well, my understanding of Dutch is fine, I can read near perfectly and mostly write (with terrible grammar) but I’m still not confident speaking yet (other then simple conversation phrases), but my daughter has been in a Dutch school for two years now and is basically fluent.

👊🏽

Ive never had IKEA meatballs

We all know you prefer other meatballs.

I heard they veganized them as well.

Tried those perhaps 3 times and at all times the mustard and shit was empty.

Bet there's mustard seeds in those vegan ones lol

Alweer kutweer vandaag

Last edited:
Tried those perhaps 3 times and at all times the mustard and shit was empty.

Bet there's mustard seeds in those vegan ones lol
I'm fine with having an vegan alternative on the menu but don't get rid of the original recipe for Pete's sake.

'Muricans would have rioted.
Alweer kutweer vandaag
Cleared up now but it's bucketing down again from 3 to 6 in the afternoon.
Thank god for Indonesian, Surinam, Turkish and Döner places.
The fish that we take from the Noordzee is pretty good though.
fa2ffde7-4bd1-4d2b-9bbd-1dc86d67ed5e_text.gif

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yes 22:22:22 22:22:22

I like them brown and big

nasischijf.png

SMH rookie mistake.
Bamie is the right choice

Or you can get this bij de Appie

EWi5zjJWsAE9wR_.jpg:large

Fucking duur zo te zien.
Nooit gezien ook btw.
Bij een XL gekocht ofzo?

Mja ik koop alleen Lavazza en Segafredo koffie bijv. En de "verse" Bianca pizza en maak er of een tonijn/olijf of champignon/ham pizza van. Pizza a la 22 TM.

That's funny coming from a German

Time to find some new friends

Easy there. Eén van mijn beste vrienden is Duits.

I know your joking. Right?

christoph waltz nod GIF

Net naar de Deka gegaan,
cashier getrolled met m'n bonus kaart. Ze moest lachen (en was blij met een beetje humor etc haar woorden) gelukkig want dat was mijn intentie.

Nice weather ATM.

ForAcademicPurposes ForAcademicPurposes

Yes, Herring and Kibbeling 4 life !!

*drools

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
We're getting close to the end (again). Stay safe or just stay inside my cheese homies.

Missed that post. Bizar because I've watched 3 Americans react to The Netherlands vids last week. Wanted to share it in here but it never did lol

Liked this one quite a lot

&

Sorry for potential dp.

tommib

Gold Member
Went to a really nice Scandinavian restaurant yesterday in Maastricht for an amazing steak and artichoke starter.

If you’re anywhere Maastricht, you have to go there.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Deutch friend here tells me leiden means suffering. Who the fuck wants to have this themepark shit in their area?

Want to get lean? Get it?

Ykwyk lol.

Suffering = Lijden btw, phonetically (?) it sounds the same though.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
I don’t know much about the Netherlands, but apparently you have hot chicks called Antje wearing wooden shoes.

Top Bottom