• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA is going nuts on Goldeneye: Rogue Agent

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Gamespot has the first of a series of preview videos for the game, and here are the facts.

-150+ people working on the project in comfy EA LA offices.
-Character designer Takaishi Sato of 'Silent Hill' fame is doing the...wait for it...character designs.
-Costume designer of the Matrix trilogy is drawing the clothes.
-Sir Ken Adams, set designer of classic Bond films is building up the various lairs and volcano fortresses.
-Polygon modeller of FF:Spirits Within is doing the character models
-Paul Oakenfeld is scoring the game.
-Judi Dench and Christopher Lee are signed for voicework(Famke Jansen to return as Xenia Onatopp?)
-XBL/PS2 online support for up to 8 players.
-Gamespot will give the game a 7.9

It looked really good in that new Nintendo ad. If that's anything to go off of, it's going to rock.

They just need to bring Natalya back for the multiplayer.

Kon Tiki

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
It looked really good in that new Nintendo ad. If that's anything to go off of, it's going to rock.

Well it there was hardly any real gameplay. The previous EA Bong games all looked good in the cinemas.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Error Macro said:
Please EA, change the freaking name of the game so as not to disgrace the memory of the real GoldenEye game and movie.
Yes, please.

And if you're going to keep it, please give me a preorder disk (GC only, of course, for logistical reasons) containing the original Goldeneye, preferably with slowdown fixed, but at the very least simply well-emulated.

</pipe dream>

DSN2K

Im just going to blank this game regardless if its good out of my disgust for EA using the Goldeneye name.

change the name I may play it, perhaps a rent.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
SolidSnakex said:

It's sort of both sad and funny to watch GameCube commercials nowadays..."Look at all these third party games that HAVEN'T been cancelled!!!"

Alcibiades

capslock said:
It's sort of both sad and funny to watch GameCube commercials nowadays..."Look at all these third party games that HAVEN'T been cancelled!!!"

It's sort of both sad and funny to see Wedbush Morgan reports nowadays... "Look, the third parties not hitting the sh*t dump HAVEN'T cancelled GCN projects!!!"

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
human5892 said:
Yes, please.

And if you're going to keep it, please give me a preorder disk (GC only, of course, for logistical reasons) containing the original Goldeneye, preferably with slowdown fixed, but at the very least simply well-emulated.

</pipe dream>
That's the only thing that would get me to buy this game.

Even then, I'd probably pre-order it to get the original game and then never pick up the new game.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
JJConrad said:
Even then, I'd probably pre-order it to get the original game and then never pick up the new game.
That is exactly what I would do, unless for some reason GE2 turns out to be an excellent game somehow.

NWO

capslock said:

And which third party games have been cancelled for the Cube?

Your post sounds so late 2002.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I could really care less about the game, but I am wondering why everyone is being so harsh on it...

So they are using the Goldeneye name...so what?

Top Bottom