• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earthbound comming to US in any form?

neptunes

I've never played the game before, but seeing as how Japan gets a new GBA version I would lover to played this on my gbaSP.

Is there any chanced of this game comming stateside?

Are you asking about Mother 1+2? It's been out in Japan for so long that I would think Nintendo would have announced it by now... I've asked this before and I never really got any concrete answer one way or the other.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I wish they would port the damn game to the US. I never got a chance to play Earthbound on SNES, and I always wondered why people gave the game high remarks

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Don't count on it.

Nintendo of America seem to have a huge hate relationship revolving Earthbound for some weird obscure reason..

Either that or they are planning to release it a few months or so before Mother 3 arrives. Who the fuck knows with Nintendo eh.

Or better yet, maybe we'll see endless delays on Mother 3 - hence NoA's pessimistic outlook.

That would be sweet. I miss Earthbound on SNES, too, so i would love to play it on my SP. Im not holding my breath, though. Mabye I should just emulate it. bah.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
speedpop said:
Nintendo of America seem to have a huge hate relationship revolving Earthbound for some weird obscure reason..
rolleyes.gif

fart

Savant
the sunshine rolleyes is just a non sequitur. what does the sun have to do with the rolleyes

you should've stuck to the barfing one. overall score 6.8

geogaddi

Banned
Earthbounders, like me, have pretty much given up on this false hope of Mother 3 and Mother 1 & 2 ports to SP.

Look you optimists! The Mother series is officially over! Its over! No more, okay?! I understand its hard. Turn the lights off, Go home, Die, Rot. Tommorow is a new day!(without Earthbound)

I don't care. I still want this. The SNES translation was perfect. EB Zero was finished. There is no work to be done. Nintendo needs to make it happen. GBA needs some serious SNES RPG portage.

Andy787

Banned
trippingmartian said:
Nintendo needs to make it happen. GBA needs some serious SNES RPG portage.
IBTN.

A domestic Mother 1 + 2 is still my most wanted game :( And for that matter, where in the cock is my shitting Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Illusion of Gaia, Chrono Trigger, Mystic Quest, FF4, 6, and Mario RPG GBA, Nintendo, you pole-massaging, cock thieving, dirty homosexuals?!
mad.gif
I want my childhood strategically marketted back to me, and am will pay for having it flogged up my ass.
mad.gif

Gunsmoke said:
Who did the translations for EARTHBOUND ?
I tell ya, it's all in the translation.

Dan Owsen, I believe.

Anyway, I don't really get why these games aren't coming over. The translation is done. They can clean up Mother 1's and it'll be fine for today. Mother 2's translation is still awesome. Obviously there's work to be done to fit all the text into the windows, but I can't imagine it's that bad.

I don't know how people can give up on Mother 3 entirely, however, considering literally nothing has been shown about it outside of a reference in the Mother 1+2 Japanese commercial.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Andy787 said:
And for that matter, where in the cock is my shitting Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Illusion of Gaia, Chrono Trigger, Mystic Quest, FF4, 6, and Mario RPG GBA, Nintendo, you pole-massaging, cock thieving, dirty homosexuals?!
mad.gif
I want my childhood strategically marketted back to me, and am will pay for having it flogged up my ass.
mad.gif

Me too! And add Seiken Densetsu 3, Terranigma, and Soul Blazer to that list.

cvxfreak

Andy787 said:
IBTN.

A domestic Mother 1 + 2 is still my most wanted game :( And for that matter, where in the cock is my shitting Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Illusion of Gaia, Chrono Trigger, Mystic Quest, FF4, 6, and Mario RPG GBA, Nintendo, you pole-massaging, cock thieving, dirty homosexuals?!
mad.gif
mad.gif

IAWTP

NLB2

Banned
geogaddi said:
Earthbounders, like me, have pretty much given up on this false hope of Mother 3 and Mother 1 & 2 ports to SP.

Look you optimists! The Mother series is officially over! Its over! No more, okay?! I understand its hard. Turn the lights off, Go home, Die, Rot. Tommorow is a new day!(without Earthbound)

Then why would Ness be a playable character in SSB? He's in the first one in which all of the characters are from current franchises, and he's also in the second (and not as some hidden character this time). Look at Roy and Marth from SSB:M. Nintendo was thinking about releasing FE in NA, so they included FE characters in SSB:M to gauge market reaction to the characters. I don't think Earthbound is dead, just perhaps in a stage of uncertainty.

At the same time, why would they remove him? He's in the Japanese copy and other countries are familiar with Ness to some extent (even if it is from the original SSB on N64 only). I don't think that's a sign of anything, honestly.

geogaddi

Banned
reality.jpg

They are doing YET ANOTHER DAMN WORTHLESS PETITION.

"I understand its hard. Turn the lights off, Go home, Die, Rot."

geogaddi

Banned
I agree. They have tenacity. Probably too much. In fact, so much, that Nintendo might one day just grant them a new Mother title. When that day comes, my foot will definantly be in my mouth, probably, maybe even my thorax.

Jonk

Geogaddi, that is really funny that you think the petition was useless. Miyamoto actually received the petition and was quite impressed with it saying earthbound fans are pretty solid. He stated this in an interview with NOM.

Also, why so anti-starmen.net (just read your post above, not as much as I thought or percieved). Just because they support a game that was a great RPG for many (A nintendo one at that) and they still enjoy it to this day, you come down on us for liking it. Starmen.net is aware of the reality that NOA has put on EarthBound and it absence of a stateside release. Starmen.net works within Nintendo's way of attention to get their attention to get this game released. It is the same for all those years Metroid was gone and not to be seen. Those fansites kept pushing and pushing for another metroid until finally it was accomplished.

Starmen.net is trying to do the same with this franchise. Just because you want to be selective in slapping it with reality on one game and its main fansite, and not other games and their hopes, shows a little gaming bias and a double standard. If you want to put reality on one game, put it on all of 'em.

EarthBound is a great game and Starmen.net keeps the franchise in people's memory and fresh by contests, comic series, music, fan fictions, funfests, and tons of fanart. You name it, Starmen.net has it and quality stuff as well. It isnt your normal piddily fan site.

It isnt as much of a game as it is a story and an adventuresome experience, and that itself was turned into a game. Everyone has their favorite classic and holds on to it. This is just ours, and with a release of EarthBound in the US possibly very close to happening, in a GBA format with is perfect for the genre, I think it is the WORST time to give up and call it quits. If you EVER liked EarthBound and wanted to see its re-release, THIS is the time to get NOA's attention. With Mother 1+2 already converted, the translation on paper and Mother3 on the way, the reality is to get people to get Nintendo's attention. We just dont want us to enjoy this game ourselves again but for others as well that missed it, for a new group of gamers that werent around during the SNES days and for those to re-experience it in a portable style.

As their site saying goes: Do not Underestimate Us

Swordian

Jonk said:
Geogaddi, that is really funny that you think the petition was useless. Miyamoto actually received the petition and was quite impressed with it saying earthbound fans are pretty solid. He stated this in an interview with NOM.

Sounds pretty useless to me.

The fact that Miyamoto even knows about a random US petition for a game that so many people seem to think no one cares about is pretty big, I'd say. It obviously means that most everyone under him likely knows about it as well, particularly in the US where this petition is most important.

Jonk

The point of the petition (which was extrememely different than these digital online craptitions) was to get the attention of Nintendo of the fanbase of Earthbound which it did, along with getting the attention of the man that represents Nintendo himself. Also, to remind people who liked the game or havent heard of the game to inform them on this game and garner support forthe franchise once again.

Useless- wrong term. I think you meant to use the short-sited term 'failure' if you meant that for your 'useless' perspective (most like the petitions you hear of). It was more successful in the goals intended. We knew we can't just persuade Nintendo to release a game via a petition, so it was our intention to get their attention of the fanbase. It is extremely fool hardy to think that a petition alone will convince a company to release a game.

Getting their attention to do research and find out if the game is viable in the market desired was our goal. Releasing the game was a strong hope, but not the core goal behind the petition, it is a starting point. Some people think it is THE KEY and one element when people do something of that nature towards a business to get a game or product out. It would be nice to have their game released, but that wasnt the gist of the petition, it would have been a welcomed bonus.

geogaddi

Banned
All I'm saying is that from an average, layman point of view, the impression I get is that Nintendo just doesn't give a damn about making a new Mother game .
My pessimism arose after waiting so many damn years, actually being part of starmen.net's own activist agendas (signing the same petition with different IP's) and being updated by starmen.net. I was optimistic! I admit I didn't do much activist, lobby-group stuff on my part but I know that theres an army of Earthbounders on the net doing the dirty work.......yet TODAY, Nintendo can't set a date to answer the friggen thread's question.
Unless theres no concrete evidence that getting attention from Nintendo is useful in persuading them to make Mother 3 or do the ports for the states, then, all efforts by Starmen might just be ultimately out of sheer vain. I'm definantly a pessimist....and starmen.net are optimists in that their efforts are perpetual....wishfully thinking, hoping naysayers like me can shove our foots in our mouths...but....how long would it take?

Top Bottom