• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

easy way to flip video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I dun know if giving my exact situation will hurt or help... since then people will give me work arounds that I don't want... so all I'm gonna say is that I'm having problems getting anime fansubs to play correctly.

The only thing I want is to find out if there is a way to vertically mirror a video file, divx or whatever, that does not involve re-encoding the entire file. Basically I'm looking for a method to flip like... 25 avi files that wouldn't take forever to do.

or, if you know its not possible to do so, and know why its not possible, I wouldn't mind an explanation just out of my own curiousity.

slayn

and while I'm asking video questions, is there a way to force media player to use one codec or another for a certain file?

slayn said:
I dun know if giving my exact situation will hurt or help... since then people will give me work arounds that I don't want... so all I'm gonna say is that I'm having problems getting anime fansubs to play correctly.

The only thing I want is to find out if there is a way to vertically mirror a video file, divx or whatever, that does not involve re-encoding the entire file. Basically I'm looking for a method to flip like... 25 avi files that wouldn't take forever to do.

or, if you know its not possible to do so, and know why its not possible, I wouldn't mind an explanation just out of my own curiousity.

Your options.

A: Re-encode the video.
B: Look at the monitor with a mirror.

I might be wrong, but I've been editing for 5-6 years, and I've never seen a way to permanently change a video without re-encoding it.

If your problem is video playing upside down in your player, sounds like a codec issue. Might want to try re-installing whatever codec is used for that file.

SFA_AOK

I noticed today that the ATI control panel has an option to rotate the screen by 180. Not sure that will help with the subtitles (are they mirrored as well?).

Anyway, it sounds like you haven't got the correct codecs installed, getting them installed is the best option.

slayn

to put an end to that, let me say that my two questions are not related and the first is not a codec problem.

slayn

I know more about my problem than I'm saying. Its not a codec issue. I don't want to bother with saying more because if you can't supply me with a solution given only the information I've said, then its a solution I don't want.

the only posssible help anyone can possibly provide me, is letting me know if there is a way to permanently flip an avi file in less time than it takes to completely re-encode the video.

slayn

Felidae_Khrall said:
Or the person who encoded them was a COMPLETE fucking moron.
heh... I should have just gone with that in the first place. Lets pretend the person that made the files WAS a complete fucking moron. I want a solution that doesn't involve re-encoding =)

Scoobert

Open WMP -> Tools -> Options... -> Performance -> Advanced... -> Uncheck 'Use YUV flipping'

Then just click ok and close WMP and open it back up and see if it works.

slayn

nope, wouldn't really solve it anyway. That would be one of those "work around" kinda things I want to avoid.

slayn

k... damn it... not going in the direction I wanted.

people are finding solutions for... given a flipped file, how would one view it properly.

I want: given a flipped file, how would one fix the file itself.

slayn

I did look, couldn't find anything, gave up and came here in hopes of getting lucky and finding that one person that knows.

no here does, so I think I'm gonan go with muncheese's option... minus the dying part.

slayn said:
I did look, couldn't find anything, gave up and came here in hopes of getting lucky and finding that one person that knows.

no here does, so I think I'm gonan go with muncheese's option... minus the dying part.

As I said before, I've been doing editing for 5-6 years and have never heard of a way to permanently change a video file that way, without re-encoding it. So, S.O.L.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom