• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EB Canada lied to me...(Got mah PSTwo!)

Just yesterday, "when are the PSTwo's coming out"...Answer: "Around the time GTA:SA comes out". Today I get a call, my PSTwo is in. Retards.

Anyways, to the details. This system is so damned small and sexy, the ac adaptor box is pretty slender too, quite a bit smaller than even the Gamecube's adaptor. Someone asked in the other thread if the system has the cool lights, I can confirm that it does and it is indeed sweet. DVD remote works like a charm, only problem is that the disc drive doesn't open with the remote due to it being a top-loader. No biggie. On the subject of the top-loading, when I press the eject button the lid doesn't really come up all that much...I have to push it up a bit more in order to easily put in/take out games. Is that normal? Or should it pop all the way up (as far as the lid can go) when I press the button?

Great system, very satisfied.

explodet

Pedigree Chum said:
Just yesterday, "when are the PSTwo's coming out"...Answer: "Around the time GTA:SA comes out". Today I get a call, my PSTwo is in. Retards.
Good story. 4 stars. :lol
(not a huge fan of EB Canada either)

jenov4 said:
EFF EB Canada! But that's pretty much all we got up here. ;(

True that, but my mom&pop store got the PSTwo's in today as well, and they NEVER get shit on release day. If anoye is in Canada and want a PSTwo, call around to various places, EB, Wal-Mart, Best-Buy, FutureShop. One of them is bound to have it. BTW, I'm in Brampton, Ontario and bought my PSTwo at Shoppers World.

did you trade in your old PS2 model? Can you do that in Canada? Do we have the same deal (Old model + 5 PS2 games = New PS2?)

lol you live near shoppers world? I am near bramalea city centre :D

Drey1082

damn it, all this pstwo talk has me wanting one really bad. I'm so pathetic, i'll probably drive around this evening trying to find one in Illinois to no avail. DAMN YOU SONY!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
My EB still says I can't get it until tomorrow. But I guess it's better that way...I can pick up Nocturne along with it. :D

explodet

Well, I guess they're not all THAT bad - I did get a full GTA:SA preorder by trading in 3 crappy games - that's got to be worth something.

explodet

Doom_Bringer said:
wow is that deal still going?
I think so, for GTA:SA.
You could do the same with Halo 2, Pikmin 2, Fable, a few others.

There are a bunch of restrictions, though: No 2004 or older sports games, no launch titles, the game's trade in value have to be worth more than $10, stuff like that.

Call up your EB Canada and ask.

explodet said:
I think so, for GTA:SA.
You could do the same with Halo 2, Pikmin 2, Fable, a few others.

There are a bunch of restrictions, though: No 2004 or older sports games, no launch titles, the game's trade in value have to be worth more than $10, stuff like that.

Call up your EB and ask.

Awesome!

zmet

Pedigree Chum said:
No biggie. On the subject of the top-loading, when I press the eject button the lid doesn't really come up all that much...I have to push it up a bit more in order to easily put in/take out games. Is that normal? Or should it pop all the way up (as far as the lid can go) when I press the button?

Yeah, I got one yesterday too and the lid on mine doesn't pop up as high. I love how quiet it is too - the only thing I didn't like was that the left side of the unit get kind of warm to the touch. I was wondering Chum, does this happen on yours?

Spike

Doom_Bringer said:

I've known Liz, the manager of this store, for 4-5 years now. She's one of the good ones, knows her stuff.

I'm heading over tomorrow morning at opening to pick mine up. :)

Anyone know when the PStwo is coming out in the UK/PAL region?

My brothers talking about buying a regular PS2 - let's call him Captain Fat and Bulky (The PS2 not my brother :)) --- and I am basically telling him to hold off for the new sexy one. But he's impatient... a date would help!

neptunes

Brampton Blows, :lol (that place is so boring)

I don't think this has been answered, but I'll ask again.

Did they change the Menu GUI in any way?

Doom_Bringer said:
did you trade in your old PS2 model? Can you do that in Canada? Do we have the same deal (Old model + 5 PS2 games = New PS2?)

Haha nice, Bramalea City Centre isn't too far away :)

Don't know if we've got the PS2 + 5 Games trade-in deal, i used the trade in 3 games for GTA:SA deal, then moved that credit over to the PSTwo. Got a ton more trade-in value as a result, loopholes rock!

zmet said:
Yeah, I got one yesterday too and the lid on mine doesn't pop up as high. I love how quiet it is too - the only thing I didn't like was that the left side of the unit get kind of warm to the touch. I was wondering Chum, does this happen on yours?

I'll check it next time I play the system. Was it warm after extended hours of play?

neptunes said:
Brampton Blows, :lol (that place is so boring)

I don't think this has been answered, but I'll ask again.

Did they change the Menu GUI in any way?

Yes indeed Brampton blows, can't argue with that (only a few more years before I can blow this pop stand).

As for the GUI, it's exactly the same as before.

Memles

There's an EB five minutes down the road. I could easily ask someone I know who has a car here at University to drive me down so I could pick up the one game I am buying this fall (Mario Power Tennis). And I STILL ordered it from Amazon.

Take that, EB Canada. Haven't been into this one yet, but the one closest to home is pathetic...I hate all of the people who work there outside of the one who I know personally. She's cool.

I went in looking for MG:TT.

Me: "Hi, I was wondering if you have Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour in?"
Employee: "Yep"
*10 second silence*
Employee: "Oh, did you want that?"

Why else would I ask? So I could fondle it? Fucking idiot.

Belly

Yea me too I gave them my old PS2 console and 5 games and I got 150.00 Credit so the new pstwo turned out to be free. They told me any 5 games would do so I gave them so old games I didnt play. Only thing was that PS2 was the one when it first came out but ohwell I need something new to play GTA SA for hours eh.

Top Bottom