• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

eBay questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long should I wait before I send an invoice or email to a buyer after an auction. I sold a bunch of games on Monday night and everyone has paid since that night except for one. At around 7:30/8:00pm my time (Just a few hours away), it'll be 48 hours since the auction ended. Should I wait another day before I send an invoice?

When should I leave feedback? Right after I'm paid? Should I wait until I get feedback? What's the general practice on eBay?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
You could email him reminding him of the final amount that he owes you and tell him you'll ship it out as soon as payment is recieved. You should do if he hasnt contacted you at all.

Feedback, when im the seller i always wait until the buyer has recieved the item and given me feedback, you should definitely wait till you've recieved payment, after that i guess its up to you.

As a seller, you can give feedback based on the payment of the person. So, if they pay promptly, +1! and make note of that.

There's really no reason to wait for them to recieve it, as long as you make sure you send it with confirmation. That way, it's out of your hands.

Tortfeasor

When buying I find it terribly annoying when sellers wait to give me feedback until after I have left them feedback. They should leave feedback as soon as I have paid since my half of the transaction is complete. Many wait because if you leave neg feedback they will want to leave neg feedback for you which is uncool.

Tortfeasor said:
Many wait because if you leave neg feedback they will want to leave neg feedback for you which is uncool.

It's uncool if you get neg feedback when you leave neg feedback? LOL

That's pretty fucked up right there. A seller leaves nice feedback and then some guy leaves him negative feedback. A lot of buyers have some extreme expectations that even a perfectly handled transaction would account for. Some people are just never happy.

Tortfeasor

As a buyer they are supposed to leave feedback based on my payment, commuication about payment and shipping, etc...

As a buyer I am supposed to leave feedback based on their shipping, product discription accuracy (correct product, condition as described, etc...), and communication.

Feedback from the buyer and seller are interdependant and if I as the buyer leave neg or neutral feedback based on any of the above criteria they have no right to leave neg feedback on me if I met all of their transactional feedback criteria in a satisfactory manner. That is why they allow people to reply to neutral or negitive feedback and leave a comment for the world to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom