• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EBGames 'Summer Sale' instore

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
source:tenzor(cag)

[Single Video Game Sales]
-Midnight Club II PS2/XB - $14.99
-Conflict Desert Storm PS2/XB - $14.99
-Max Payne PS2/XB - $14.99
-Spawn PS2 ONLY - $7.99
-R Racing PS2 ONLY - $7.99
-I-Ninja PS2 ONLY - $7.99
-Final Fantasy XI PC - $39.99
-XII PS2/XB -$9.99
-007 Agent Under Fire PS2/XB/GC - $14.99
-SSX Tricky PS2/XB/GC - $14.99
-Morrowind GOTY Edition XB - $19.99
-Dragonball Z Budokai 2 PS2 - $14.99
-Max Payne 2 PS2/XB - $14.99
-GTA Vice City PS2 - $14.99
-Lineage Mini Guide for FREE with purchase of Lineage PC

[$5.00 off instantly on the following GC games]
-Tom & Jerry
-Starfox Adventures
-Die Hard Vengance
-Street Hoops

[Mail in Gift Vouchers]
-$20.00 mail in rebate > Syphon Filter Omega Strain PS2
-$20.00 mail in rebate > Rainbow Six 3 PS2
-$10.00 mail in rebate > Showdown: Legends of Wrestling PS2/XB
-$10.00 mail in rebate > Legacy of Kain Defiance Ps2/XB
-$25.00 mail in rebate > Logitech Driving Wheel PS2 or Driving Force Pro Wheel

-$15.00 mail in rebate when you purchase 2 of the follow...Tales of Symphonia, Rainbow Six 3 GC, Batman Rise of Tin GC, Megaman Anniversary Collection

-$10.00 mail in rebate > Buy 2 of the follow GBA games.......
-Banjo Kazooie GBA
-Duel Masters GBA
-Megaman Battle Network 4 BLUE/RED GBA
-Yu Gi Oh Sacred Cards GBA

-$15.00 mail in rebate > Buy 3 GAMEBOY Advance Videos between...
-Sponge Bob Vol1 and Vol 2
-Super X Sonic
-Nicktoon Coll. Vol 1
-Fairly Odd Parents Vol1 and Vol2
-Nick: All Grown Up
-Pokemon (both videos)

[System Deals]
-Free N64 System when you buy 3 pre-played N64 games $4.99 or higher
-Free Brute Force w/Xbox System Purchase
-Free selected game w/ Gamecube Purchase
>>Games to choose from...
-F-Zero, Luigi Mansion, Metroid Prime, Pikmin, Star Fox, Sims Bustin Out, NFS Hot Pursuit, Def Jam, Namco Museum, Gladius

[Buy 2 Get 1 Free]
-Buy 2 Pre-played DVDs get 1 Free
-Buy 2 Pre-played PS1 games get 1 free

[Trade in Deal]
-Trade in 5 select PS2,XB, or GC games and get a bonus $15.00 trade in credit. (15.00 applys ontop of regular trade in value combined not indivdually)
-$20.00 off Fable when you trade in 2 select PS2,XB,GC games
-$20.00 off Pikmin when you trade in 2 select PS2,XB,GC games
-ESPN Football 2005 for FREE after you trade in 2 select PS2,XB GC games
-$10.00 bonus trade in credit when you trade in the following PC games for DOOM 3 .......Far Cry, Splinter Cell PT, Sacred, Thief 3, Icewind Dale Colleciton
-$30.00 trade in credit for NCCA Football 2005 when traded in towards Madden 05

[Buy 1 get 1 50% Deals]
-Buy Soldner for PC and get 50% off Sacred PC
-Buy 1 Brady Games Guide book get 1 50% off

[Accessory Deals]
-$15.00 off instantly Red Octane Ignition Dance Pad Ps2/XB
-$5.00 off instantly Nyko Air Flow Products

Matlock

Banned
ESPN for two games, eh? Good-byeeeeeeee Ico and PN03!

-edit-

Usually, the only requirement is that it be neither a bargain (Crave games, cough) game or a sports game, but I've squeezed both past that with a bit of bitching.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

-sniff-

Trading in two good games (with ICO being truly great) for a lousy football game? Teh horrar!!!11 :p

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
is the $20 off towards pikmin or fable added to the normal trade in credit? cos i've got a couple games i could stand to get rid off.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Matlock said:

-edit-

Usually, the only requirement is that it be neither a bargain (Crave games, cough) game or a sports game, but I've squeezed both past that with a bit of bitching.

I can see PN03, but Ico... come on dude, that game deserves more respect than that.

Matlock

Banned
dark10x said:
-sniff-

Trading in two good games (with ICO being truly great) for a lousy football game? Teh horrar!!!11 :p

Agent Dormer said:
I can see PN03, but Ico... come on dude, that game deserves more respect than that.

While I'm trying to avoid repeating myself too much, Ico flat-out sucked. Boring art style, boring gaming, childlishly easy puzzles. Of course, it also helps that I'm getting progressively more and more tired of the "big adventure, epic in every way" genre. :p

nitewulf

Matlock said:
While I'm trying to avoid repeating myself too much, Ico flat-out sucked. Boring art style, boring gaming, childlishly easy puzzles. Of course, it also helps that I'm getting progressively more and more tired of the "big adventure, epic in every way" genre. :p

you have got to be kidding.

Matlock

Banned
...I'm going to ignore that one.

Going forth:

-R Racing PS2 ONLY - $7.99
-I-Ninja PS2 ONLY - $7.99
-XII PS2/XB -$9.99
-Dragonball Z Budokai 2 PS2 - $14.99

hot.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I will go in and pick up three N64 games I want and then sell the N64 back to gamestop which I think has a higher buy back price.

Mrbob

Hmm 30 bucks towards Madden if you trade in ncaa? Tempting...good trade in amount and i don't have to deal with ebay.

EBGames meaning the website? Or is it the store? US or Canada? OR BOTH?!?!?!?!!?!?

My frothing demand for the answer increases.

nitewulf

you could order online if you wish. i'd assume the prices would be valid in stores as well, but they'd probably be sold out of the more popular games.

Wario64 said:
-$30.00 trade in credit for NCCA Football 2005 when traded in towards Madden 05

so why would you buy a game only to trade it back in a month later? Wouldn't it be cheaper to just rent the thing?

And that extra $3 trade-in credit sounds alright...but I think I'll just go to GameRush and get three or four $9.99 games instead of just one game at EB.

P90

Matlock said:

I thought the art style was very, very nice. I agree with the gameplay comments. One of the most over rated games evar. If I want art I could go to my church or a museum. But you traded art in for a FOOTBALL game? I guess if you got a good trade in value...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Matlock said:
I can understand the complaints about it being boring and stuff, but ICO is neither "big adventure" nor "epic in every way." In fact, it's a pretty short and limited "adventure" and doesn't take very long at all.

Still, no point keeping a game you don't like.

nitewulf said:
you could order online if you wish. i'd assume the prices would be valid in stores as well, but they'd probably be sold out of the more popular games.
Just called the EB here (Canada), and the only deal is if you buy XBOX and one accessory then you get Brute Force free. :(

"[Trade in Deal]
-Trade in 5 select PS2,XB, or GC games and get a bonus $15.00 trade in credit. (15.00 applys ontop of regular trade in value combined not indivdually)"

Traded in some games yesterday, and unexpectly got the bonus $15. Pretty sweet, considering most games, like GTA 3, I only got $1 credit.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
bune duggy said:
so why would you buy a game only to trade it back in a month later? Wouldn't it be cheaper to just rent the thing?

And that extra $3 trade-in credit sounds alright...but I think I'll just go to GameRush and get three or four $9.99 games instead of just one game at EB.
EB's gotta make money somehow.

Top Bottom