• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge: perfect score's history

Snowball

Banned
How many games were able to get a perfect score on Edge?

Am i missing any title?

Mario 64
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Gran Turismo
Halo

Thanks!
Snowball

Lakitu

st5fu
Milhouse31 said:
From what i read here and there it won't ....

I'm so BANNED

You're judging that on people who've played the **** (not a swear word) version, who honestly can't write or judge for shit? :p I'm going to wait for some decent reviews, that's why I'm avoiding any impressions. Damn killjoys!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Lakitu said:
You're judging that on people who've played the **** (not a swear word) version, who honestly can't write or judge for shit? :p I'm going to wait for some decent reviews, that's why I'm avoiding any impressions. Damn killjoys!

99% of the "impressions" i've read so far from those morons have all had inconsistencies, sheer bias or were pretty much bullshit.

I don't trust most peoples opinions which are based on a pirate copy or a free copy.(unless they're a trusted reviewer)

Oh, and I can't imagine having fun playing Halo in french. It would pretty much ruin any immersion going for it for me =P (another reason I don't trust any "impressions")

Sjoerd

DopeyFish said:
99% of the "impressions" i've read so far from those morons have all had inconsistencies, sheer bias or were pretty much bullshit.

I don't trust most peoples opinions which are based on a pirate copy or a free copy.(unless they're a trusted reviewer)

Oh, and I can't imagine having fun playing Halo in french. It would pretty much ruin any immersion going for it for me =P (another reason I don't trust any "impressions")

Agreed, the game seems to be exeeding expectations, or so I've hear from a very reriable source ;)
Let's wait untill november when the reviews come in. Most people in the 'warez scene' only care about downloading anyway, playing the games isn't even important to them.

8bit

Knows the Score
Snowball, considering you've been privy to early Edge scores before, does the next issue have anything notable in it like another perfect score?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Sjoerd said:
Agreed, the game seems to be exeeding expectations, or so I've hear from a very reriable source ;)

Likewise.

The only negatives I really read were from retards who kept yelling things like "FUK AM ROCK!" seemingly at random, probably not a solid opinion.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Sjoerd said:
Let's wait untill november when the reviews come in. Most people in the 'warez scene' only care about downloading anyway, playing the games isn't even important to them.

My sources state that the game is good, but not 10/10 amazing. And I wonder...if people in the "warez scene" don't even spend time playing a game, why would they care about writing up impressions?

eso76

Coen said:
EDGE will never give Halo 2 a ten, just because it's Halo 2.

Half Life 2 is a 2 too, but it's going get a perfect ten from edge. Well i don't know for sure, but i think so.

I don't think halo 2 could ever represent what its prequel did 3 years ago; with that said, i wouldn't give much credit to the opinions of ppl who pirated it right away. Just another dvd-r release for them...

Prine

Banned
DopeyFish said:

IAWTMotherFuckingP!

OA is not the place to go for impressions. Especially when its written Xbox haters

eso76 said:
Half Life 2 is a 2 too, but it's going get a perfect ten from edge. Well i don't know for sure, but i think so.
Oh well there you go folks, I was on the fence about this issue but there's your proof right there

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Insertia said:
after chatting with a buddy of mine, I don't think Halo 2 will recieve mass 10's...
whys that? I heard the opposite. And the multi play sounds kickass. No more bloodgulch being the only great level.

From the E3 beta I got to play, while only zanzibar, that level is absolutely wicked.

Ristamar

THPS 3 didn't deserve a 10, IMO. It was good, but I'd hardly consider the game legendary. I had much more fun with THPS 2.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Ugh, none of the Tony Hawk games deserve a 10... They're decent games, but there's not enough depth to them at all. And Chrono Cross was such a mess that it'd be lucky to get a 7, let alone a 10...

miyuru

I don't think THPS games should receive 10's. They're great, and I think they get 10's because reviewers can't think up many improvements to be made to the games themselves (objectively speaking). But 10's should be reserved for you know, those certain really special games. Give THPS a 9.5 or something, it sounds more reasonable IMO.

Top Bottom