• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring PC Requirements Updated for Shadow of Erdtree

Draugoth

Gold Member

GQCcJCfWgAA3w-r

New hairstyles:- Five new hairstyles have been added to the game. They can be selected during character creation, using the Clouded Mirror Stand or using Rennala's Rebirth feature.Other features will also be included in the same update, coming June 20.(4/4)​

GQCd6utXEAAtdrM

GQCeDa6WgAAhhgF

Last edited:

Sentenza

Man, it would be great if they were going to pull a surprise Armored Core 6 and update the PC version to have the 120hz option.

winjer

FunkMiller

Seems like it.
We can use EldenRingFpsUnlockAndMore, though this removes the ability to play online.

Ugh. They need to unlock it. My laptop will hit 60fps with everything maxed out on quiet mode with no issues at all. I'd like to be able to push it a bit to get at least 120.

Hohenheim

Seems like it.
We can use EldenRingFpsUnlockAndMore, though this removes the ability to play online.

That mod is absolutely superb.
Also, the latest Nvidia driver update makes the game "ready"for the DLC, so hopefully they've done some improvements for the new stuff.

winjer

Ugh. They need to unlock it. My laptop will hit 60fps with everything maxed out on quiet mode with no issues at all. I'd like to be able to push it a bit to get at least 120.

I doubt they will ever do it.
All Dark souls and Elden ring are locked to 60 on PC.
Our only hope are mods.

GHG

Gold Member
Will they finally fix the damn stutter across the open world? :/

There's a memory leak after long periods of play with ray tracing turned on, but I've not noticed anything crazy outside of that.

But granted, I'm on an x3d processor and a 4090 so maybe it's different on mid/lower tier hardware.

Filben

There's a memory leak after long periods of play with ray tracing turned on, but I've not noticed anything crazy outside of that.

But granted, I'm on an x3d processor and a 4090 so maybe it's different on mid/lower tier hardware.
I think I have to upgrade my Ryzen 3600 soon... raw performance is still good but chances are high I'm running in a CPU bound sequence (or shader compilation ?) just for a millisecond and then it stutters so not even VRR can compensate.

GHG

Gold Member
I think I have to upgrade my Ryzen 3600 soon... raw performance is still good but chances are high I'm running in a CPU bound sequence (or shader compilation ?) just for a millisecond and then it stutters so not even VRR can compensate.

Grab a 5800x3d or even a 5700x3d dependant on pricing/availability in your region.

The x3d processors deal with stutters and shader compilation issues better than anything else out there and it will be a simple upgrade for you.

winjer

Try disabling "Control Flow Guard" for Elden Ring, in Windows Settings.
Disable all overlays. Steam, Xbox, RTSS, etc.
Disable Gamebar. And FullScreen Optimizations, in Windows Settings.
Increase the Nvidia Shader cache to 10GB. It won't use this amount, just what it needs.
In The UEFI, enable HPET. And enable XMP.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Grab a 5800x3d or even a 5700x3d dependant on pricing/availability in your region.

The x3d processors deal with stutters and shader compilation issues better than anything else out there and it will be a simple upgrade for you.
Increase the Nvidia Shader cache to 10GB. It won't use this amount, just what it needs.

These might help and upgrading your cpu wont do much for Elden Ring, unless you plan on playing other actual demanding games and you have the cash. If you dont care about online this is your only real solution to its stutters.

I've tested this countless of times on my high-end PC and you can look it up on steam forums, EAC causes massive stutters on a lot of configurations for this game and it also gives the game some other weird bugs. After you disable it, use Flawless Widescreen and uncap your framerate, if u want.

proandrad

Get ready pc users new content means the return of shader compilation stutter. Hope Valve patches the game themselves again for steam deck if it's an issue.

There's no shader compilation stuttering in this game and hasn't been for a long time. Turn off RT and the game wont stutter. The stutter comes from BVH updating with RT enabled.

Filben

These might help and upgrading your cpu wont do much for Elden Ring, unless you plan on playing other actual demanding games and you have the cash. If you dont care about online this is your only real solution to its stutters.

I've tested this countless of times on my high-end PC and you can look it up on steam forums, EAC causes massive stutters on a lot of configurations for this game and it also gives the game some other weird bugs. After you disable it, use Flawless Widescreen and uncap your framerate, if u want.

There's no shader compilation stuttering in this game and hasn't been for a long time. Turn off RT and the game wont stutter. The stutter comes from BVH updating with RT enabled.
Thank you guys for your concern, you're awesome.

Top Bottom