• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enthusia for Xbox?

Solid

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/540/540792p1.html?fromint=1
Konami's Enthusiasm for the Xbox

At Konami's Summer BBQ today in San Francisco, Ca., the publisher showed off the newest build of its first sim-style racing game, Enthusia for PlayStation 2. During the demonstration, we were told the game was only currently in development for PlayStation 2, but we learned from other trusty sources that Xbox fans will see an Xbox version of the slick racer in 2005. Keep your eye on Enthusia. It's not going to slaughter Gran Turismo 4 or anything of that nature, but it's pretty and it's packed with hundreds of licensed car from more than 40 manufacturers. Look for a fall or winter 2005 on Xbox.

a) how much did they pay for this

b) seeing how PGR2 bombed ... I doubt this will sell

c) Konami?!!? (is this their first ever car game?)

Gregory

Banned
That`s great news. Unlike Forza, this game has great photorealistic graphics similar to GT4`s. Looking forward to this one on Xbox.

Ranger X

hmmm Forza look extremely good. The only flaw i can see is in the lightning...
( but hey, Polyphony are the freakin Gods of lightning so...)

jedimike

From the few hands on impressions I've heard... this game is crap.

a) how much did they pay for this

Why would MS pay for a racer when they already have a ton available. It's just another case of an Eastern developer trying to break into the Western market.

b) seeing how PGR2 bombed ... I doubt this will sell

I don't see how comparing PGR2 against this makes your statement legit. PGR2 is arcade, Enthusia is a sim. But I doubt this will sell, of course the Xbox line-up for fall/winter 2005 is pretty slim, so it might do OK.

c) Konami?!!? (is this their first ever car game?)

No...

They've done quite a few racers. Racing Jam and Konami GT come to mind, but I'm sure there are others.

ferricide

that's funny. yesterday, i was sitting in the same enthusia demo as around 5 IGN guys when one of them asked if it was coming to xbox and the product manager said "no."

Soul4ger

ferricide said:
that's funny. yesterday, i was sitting in the same enthusia demo as around 5 IGN guys when one of them asked if it was coming to xbox and the product manager said "no."

Hey, they never said the source was a Konami rep!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
You're all fucking idiots.

And that's all I'll contribute to this already worthless thread.

ferricide said:

you sit close to IGN peeps; aren't they all unwashed?

ferricide

Soul4ger said:
Hey, they never said the source was a Konami rep!
yeah. they actually said that in the statement, i just find it funny that the contradict the official line. of course, i don't know who their "trusty sources" are. it's quite possible it's accurate info.

Top Bottom