• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESEA Season 14 LAN Playoffs+Finals | 8/16-18 | Counter-Strike: GO, Team Fortress 2

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member

This event is done. Scroll to the bottom of the post for links to results and VODs.

CSGO Stream - offline | TF2 Stream - offline

What is ESEA and what is this event?

ESEA (E-Sports Entertainment Association) is a competitive gaming organization that hosts leagues for multiple PC games - mostly team FPSes. The highest skill division (ESEA-Invite) for select games have their playoffs at a biannual LAN in Dallas, TX.

Highlight videos from the previous ESEA LAN:

- Top 10 CS:GO Frags at ESEA LAN 13: NBK, n0thing, ScreaM, Xizt & More
- ESEA S13 LAN Highlights - TF2 frag movie

What games are being played?

• Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  • Team Fortress 2
When is this happening?

Friday, August 16 to Sunday, August 18

How do I watch?
Live streams on Twitch:

Who’s playing? What about the format?

Info on the qualifying teams, details about the tournament, and match formats for each game are below.​

COUNTER-STRIKE: GLOBAL OFFENSIVE

This is CSGO's 3rd season in ESEA. This LAN will feature a 6-team tourney with the 5 top North American teams and NiP, the #1 European seed and returning champions.

>> TEAMS (ordered by seeding):
1. Ninjas In Pyjamas
2. Team Curse
3. compLexity Gaming (formerly Quantic Gaming)
4. Frost Gaming
5. MonoManiac (formerly Stay Frosty)
6. cuLtivation

>> FORMAT

5v5 | Best 2-out-of-3 Maps | Double-elimination bracket with seeds determined by regular season record.​

>> BRACKETS

>> COVERAGE:

TEAM FORTRESS 2

This is the last major TF2 tournament before the summer Insomnia LAN, the European scene's largest event. i49 in particular will be a huge occasion for competitive TF2, since the best teams from Europe, North America, and Australia will be in attendance. Season 13 ESEA-I champions HRG were awarded tickets to fly over to England and represent NA at i49. They remain undefeated through this regular season, but we'll see if their dominance will continue at LAN.

>> TEAMS (ordered by seeding):

>> FORMAT

6v6 (class limits - maximum of 1 Medic, Demoman, Heavy, Engineer / maximum of 2 Soldiers, Scouts, Snipers, Pyros, Spies) | Best 2-out-of-3 Maps | Double-elimination bracket with seeds determined by regular season record.

standard lineup: Medic | Demoman | Soldier (pocket) | Soldier (roamer) | Scout | Scout

This default set of classes is generally considered the most effective, but sometimes Scouts or the roaming Soldier will switch to a different class depending on the situation or map (referred to as off-classing).​

>> BRACKETS

>> COVERAGE:

EXTRAS

RESULTS and VODs

>> RESULTS (downloadable demos for each match available)

>> VODs

Proven

Oh crap, I forgot that I don't have to watch streams for any of this. I've grown complacent with my teamfortress.tv...

Spec mode really needs some love on CS GO. Should have the Dota 2 features. Especially the in game announcers and PPV Tickets that allow you to get drops while spectating.

Bluth54

I would much rather see them do highlander TF2 matches. I find highlander much more fun to watch and much closer to the way the game really plays.

Proven

I would much rather see them do highlander TF2 matches. I find highlander much more fun to watch and much closer to the way the game really plays.

Depends on my mood mostly. The only thing that really annoys me about 6s is when a team continually derps their last push, but I've been watching too many low/mid matches lately.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
TF2 matches starting soon! Hype! :D

It'll kick off with #1 HRG vs #4 Apocalpyse Gaming, could actually be close judging by recent scrim results. Depends on how AG adapts to the LAN setting...

I enjoy both HL and 6s, each one has its strengths and weaknesses. But running 9v9 at a LAN would be pretty rough (way too many players to get to Dallas) so I get why ESEA isn't particularly motivated to offer it. It's alright since there are plenty of other leagues that do run HL, even if they may not have the same prestige.

Woobie

AG looked really strong against HRG on granary in the beginning. Not sure what went wrong for them in the end, I wanted the underdog upset!

Mix^ looking very strong but so is HRG. I guess I'll root for Mix^ for harbleu's ridiculous plays with every class in the game :p

Woobie

So... how about that Quick-Fix, eh?

I'm not happy about the meta being changed so abruptly with that update. I think the QF still needs some minor tweaks: definitely shouldn't be able to cap points with the QF uber on you, and the uber might deserve a slight time decrease.

I do like how its basically rock paper scissors with the 3 good mediguns now, even though stock is used way less than the other guns.

Lots of great games today, tri hards almost defeating mix^ in lower bracket was fun to watch but it will be YET ANOTHER Mix^ vs HRG lan finals.

Top Bottom