• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN NFL 2K5... Xbox is the ticket, right?

TheDiave

Banned
I'm planning on getting ESPN 2K5, but I've got both a PlayStation 2 and an Xbox. Is the Xbox version the better all-around one?

BeOnEdge

Banned
word has it that the xbox version has slowdown. get the ps2 version for more stable graphics and better online play.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
T-Mac disagrees!

celebmac.gif

TheDiave

Banned
Well I know the word on the previous editions was that the Xbox was much more polished than the PS2, visually. Just curious if that's the case with this year's version.

BeOnEdge

Banned
TheDiave said:
Well I know the word on the previous editions was that the Xbox was much more polished than the PS2, visually. Just curious if that's the case with this year's version.

if the slowdown was fixed, go XBOX. sega got smart this year and built the game for XBOX FIRST then ported it to ps2 instead of the other way around.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
dorio said:
So is there slowdown in the xbox version of ESPN?

From reviews I have been reading and impressions, it only has slowdown when the ESPN type graphics are flashing on the screen with players in the background. (IE like stats annimating up on the screen after a play.)

Fifty

Sp3eD said:
From reviews I have been reading and impressions, it only has slowdown when the ESPN type graphics are flashing on the screen with players in the background. (IE like stats annimating up on the screen after a play.)

But that looks so smooth that no one can complain :)

i have been playing the game for a while and havent noticed any slowdown of any sorts..

the game is beautiful..
the xbox live integration great.

havent tried snow yet... but i doubt there is any slowdown, if so, it cant be severe..

go to your store and buy it for xbox now, bring $22 for the game and tax.. and enjoy.

LuckyBrand said:
i have been playing the game for a while and havent noticed any slowdown of any sorts..

the game is beautiful..
the xbox live integration great.

havent tried snow yet... but i doubt there is any slowdown, if so, it cant be severe..
sounds promising...
go to your store and buy it for xbox now, bring $22 for the game and tax.. and enjoy.
id love to, but i cant find it in stock anywhere. :(

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Yeah, the operation sports review makes it sound off the hook..

when you bust out for a long run, the players on the sideline go crazy. It doesnt sound like much, but that will add so much to the game.

Top Bottom