• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN's new graphics/chyrons

Status
Not open for further replies.

impirius

I'm watching the College World Series and digging the new scoreboard and chyrons that ESPN introduced recently. The white-on-black is easier to read than the black-on-grey, the fonts seem to be a bit bolder, and I love how they divide stats by putting them in solid black "cells" and having the rest of the field be transparent. I still don't like the pink and blue Sportscenter, but the chyrons are great. Fox's NFL stuff was very good, too, especially when they used logos instead of abbreviations for the teams in the scoreboard.

(Go Gamecocks)

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Whoa, I thought I was the only TV graphics nerd out there.

Yeah, it's a good improvement.

fenekku-gitsune said:
Whoa, I thought I was the only TV graphics nerd out there.

Yeah, it's a good improvement.

Nope, I'm just as bad.

I'll second the new graphics, they needed some new ones badly to completely get rid of the ABC Sports look (that ABC has since abandoned).

But, I think some of the new presentation looks rather plain, especially for shows like Baseball Tonight. But ESPN continuously tweaked things over the years, so I'm sure that will happen of some of the other shows like College Gameday and Sunday NFL Countdown once their season's roll around.

Cooper

talking head said:

Are these the new graphics?
ESPN_small.jpg

I don't remember what they looked like before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom