• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

A great game so far, but holy shit I almost died at Bartez's save. At least Becks hit the net. :p

And I think england's played a really good game overall. It's easy to say France's offensive stars haven't played well, but the English deserve at least some credit for that. While France seems to have the bulk of the possession they haven't really dominated any stretches of play that I've seen, although you can see the mismatch in speed and power the French possess at times. A few dangerous bits, but England's manufactored some too.

Oooh, that was the first prolonged action in the England box that I've seen. France is playing desperate now.... gonna be a barn burner.

calder

Holy shit! :-o Damn france and those injury time strikes!

The annoying thing is that now the whole Beckham miss will be tiresomely argued.

GOOD GOD. Penalty shot!

Gypsy curse. That's the only thing to explain it. Poor England. :(

Fifty

OH MY GOD. France doesn't score in the world cup at all, they look like they're never going to score. Zidane scores two in 3 minutes of stoppage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST GAME EVER. AMAZING

Everyone gave Barthez hell for being in this lineup, but he won it for them. Or Becks lost it. Either way, they blew it big time.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Emotional rollercoaster.

I now need beer, and LOTS of it.

Fair dues to France, we should have held on but fell to pieces at the end.

:|

Now, that beer....

Freeburn

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
OMG, that's just crazy! From 0-1 to 2-1 in 2 min, in overtime!! England made a mistake towards the end, and France took the little chance they got. Football history.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Emile Heskey MUST BE SHOT, in the face, twice, i know you are reading gun tot'in yanks, just do it, no one will try and blame you.

France deserved a Draw but winning was a little much.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Hooker said:
Hey Freeburn, where is that loser tag :p!!

(You guys better spell his name correctly :mad: -> Zidane or Zizou!!)

Well, considering I said:

If England lose 4-0 to France I'll change my tag to Loser...

I think I'll keep my tag & dignity as it is, thankyouverymuch :p

Freeburn.

Trevelyon

I don't belieeeeeeve it!

headstone.JPG

Oh... the heartbreak continues.

Solid

ZIDANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I'm so happy right now!!! And I am not even from France! :p

Viva la france! Viva la le bleu! Viva la liberty!

Suck it down you hoooligans!!! ^__^

This is one of the gratest moments in Football history, this was such a traumatic OWNAGE that people will talk about for years to come.hahahahahahahahahahahahha

COCKLES

being watched
You knew it was all over when Heskey was bought on to be honest...Rooney Englands best player by far, so logic:- take him off. :rolleyes What the fuck is Heskey still doing in an England shirt?!?!

Worst fucking England disaster ever.

Still qualifying shouldn't be a problem given how inept Switzerland / Crotia looked.

I really feel sorry for Campbell and the rest of the defence, they were stirling, only to be let down the dolts at the end. Gerrard - wake the fuck up!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
Must be bad to be english right now, stupid french dude's.
If Beckham got the pen right nothing of this would have happenend.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
/me gets out his book on World Wars 1 and 2....

Ok Some French people on the board wanna hear about Ownage?

Let me begin..

(Thats right i'll go there)

Volt

Well, it was meant to be a clash between Zidane and Beckham, and I agree that the best one won.

Beckham : did a lot of work, but became invisible after his missed penalty. Brilliant free kick assist to let Lampard score, and one missed penalty

Zidane : did a massive amount of work, was visible during the whole match. World-class free kick to score and took his responsibility on the penalty.

A really classic match, one that will be dearly remembered for a long time IMO.

calder

:lol that pic cracks me up.

But seriously, England should just go home now. There's no coming back after that, next game against Switzerland they should just stay off the field, have Gerard boot one own goal at the outset and then just file onto a jet waiting on the street outside the stadium to fly them home.

Alucard

Banned
That second half was CRAZY. France controlled the ball for almost the entire time but just couldn't get any chances. And then Zidane struck. I really wish I would have gotten into a pool in time because he would have been my first pick. Awesome and incredible win for France. Beckham will surely be the scapegoat in this one.

Sirolf

I can't keep smiling..Pure joy my friends pure joy!!!
Barthez and Zizou were godly.Like Noninrad said,it will be a match remembered for generations...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom