• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVE AKA does anybody still play this game?

thespot84

I played last year and saw some gaffers here or there, I've searched high and low for a thread but can't find anything recent. I'm toying with the idea of picking the game back up. So... does anyone still play?

thespot84

I'm honestly surprised. Maybe people haven't seen the thread since it's in community but I figured this being a fairly hardcore gaming forum we'd have a few more peeps playing.

Also, who's joemartin (sorry don't spend much time on the gaming side, more OT)

Lost my 1st billion playing poker

lost my 2nd billion when I got suicide ganked in jita after just buying a 800million shield + t2 torpedoes.

Lost all motivation to play after that. I have near perfect skills for my golem but I've never used it :(

thespot84

MrPing1000 said:
Lost my 1st billion playing poker

lost my 2nd billion when I got suicide ganked in jita after just buying a 800million shield + t2 torpedoes.

Lost all motivation to play after that. I have near perfect skills for my golem but I've never used it :(

This seems common...

kennah

I've been wanting to get back into it, but is pretty much impossible with a wife and kid and minecraft.

I was interested in EVE but I'm going to wait until this Dust game comes out before I invest any more time in it. I heard they're getting rid of skill training.

I play but still consider myself a noob and don't touch nullsec as I build up money and skills. Doing missions and sometimes afk mining while watching netflix/youtube with the game in a window on the side.

Trying to just get up to a good Battlecruiser set up before I attempt to move onto joining a corp and such.

BattleMonkey said:
I play but still consider myself a noob and don't touch nullsec as I build up money and skills. Doing missions and sometimes afk mining while watching netflix/youtube with the game in a window on the side.

Trying to just get up to a good Battlecruiser set up before I attempt to move onto joining a corp and such.
Join a corp. I bought my first ship just tagging along and scavenging from high level people's wrecks.

Visualante said:
Join a corp. I bought my first ship just tagging along and scavenging from high level people's wrecks.

Guess I just want to feel like I know what I'm doing before joining a corp, it seems like I'm always learning new things about the game even though I have been playing on and off for over 2 months now. Finding a corp to join also looks like quite a task with so any out there.

thespot84

I was feeling daring and just jumped into a wormhole for no reason other than curiousity. Warped to the only thing I could see and got one-shotted :lol .

Turns out the wormhole was protected by a small fleet, who eventually helped me back out of the hole to hi-sec space and after chatting for a few minutes gave me the money to buy and outfit a battlecruiser. They turned out to be great guys. They've offered to show me the ropes around wormhole space the next time I'm on. I was definitely on the fence and probably wasn't going to continue playing until that happened, so that was a nice surprise.

Eve university is apparently a corp that will teach you the ropes, but they rejected my application, which was such a slap in the face and the reason why I quit the first time.

My main character is vermiscious, if you see me around hit me up. After talking to my new wormhole buddies it seems like PVP is the best way to go in the game (as opposed to running missions/just mining) if you're into that sort of thing.

Top Bottom