• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever struggle with something?

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
This a thread for all of us who have ever struggled with something. Tell us your struggles and how/if you overcame them. It'll make you feel better.
I'm currently sat here trying to eat a salad with a spork and boy is it excruciating. Stay strong gaf and share your struggles.

Last edited:

Paltheos

I remember trying to escape Vent Shaft in Metroid Prime without the Boost Ball by bomb jumping for days. The placement's gotta be just right. The final gauntlet in God of War 2 on Titan Mode is a bitch too - The parries from those staff dudes can suck a nut.

Oh, and passing the CPA exam. That one was a little tough.

anthony2690

I've struggled with all sorts throughout life.

Sleep condition
Weight
Council tax debt, as the other half got a debt relief order, turns out they will just chase me for it instead, yay 🥲 I have £195 left on this from £2800, what is really depressing as that is a lot of money over the last couple years I could've really done with.
Hair thinning/receding 🥲

Everything in life can be a struggle that we hopefully all overcome :)

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
You didn't understand the assignment. What have you struggled with not what do you do when you're struggling. Reading comprehension is key my friend.

That may be the struggle..
Pickles 🥒 are a great addition to a meal when you don’t feel up to it. Flavor in general can lighten someone’s mood.

My son has a genetic disability. I deal with it. I’m done being down about it though. That can kill someone’s motivation. He also has epilepsy and autism. I’ve been dealing with getting his seizures under control.

This whole thing has taught me that we all take things for granted. When you can’t do things like other typical kids, you realize that those little accomplishments are worth more than you might realize.

So yeah, lol adding 🥒 to a meal helps

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

The past 3 years have flung a massive truck load of shit my way, more than I could have ever envisioned but I'd say I'm calmer and more content than I've ever been in life.

I also was also a second or two from dying in a car crash today on the motorway in a near miss, but managed to make it to my destination alive and consumed a nice coffee, some sushi and a big fat slice of apple cake.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
The past 3 years have flung a massive truck load of shit my way, more than I could have ever envisioned but I'd say I'm calmer and more content than I've ever been in life.

I also was also a second or two from dying in a car crash today on the motorway in a near miss, but managed to make it to my destination alive and consumed a nice coffee, some sushi and a big fat slice of apple cake.
You might have actually died and jumped to an alternate timeline where you survived. Just throwing that out there.

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
df0658803e4e1e223e4288d2ef750cc8.jpg

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
For years I've been writing, but I keep it to myself since I figure that no one in my family or friends cares. Lately I've been trying to be more outward about it, since its not something many people know about me, but it turns out my initial suspicion is correct - no one cares.

Kinda sucks. I'm not talented. I write derivative, trope ridden genre trash. But it would nice for someone to take an interest. Even a "Hey man, that's pretty cool" would be nice.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

For years I've been writing, but I keep it to myself since I figure that no one in my family or friends cares. Lately I've been trying to be more outward about it, since its not something many people know about me, but it turns out my initial suspicion is correct - no one cares.

Kinda sucks. I'm not talented. I write derivative, trope ridden genre trash. But it would nice for someone to take an interest. Even a "Hey man, that's pretty cool" would be nice.
Hey man, that’s pretty cool!

bitbydeath

NecrosaroIII NecrosaroIII

I don’t know if you’re basing your talent on your first draft, but if you are, don’t!

If I could impart any advice it would be to make sure you enjoy the story that you’re writing, because you as the author will read it more times than anyone else in the world ever would.

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
NecrosaroIII NecrosaroIII

I don’t know if you’re basing your talent on your first draft, but if you are, don’t!

If I could impart any advice it would be to make sure you enjoy the story that you’re writing, because you as the author will read it more times than anyone else in the world ever would.

Hell yeah! It took me 3 or 4 drafts of my first chapter before I got it to a place I was happy with, so I'm not concerned with the stuff that has come after. Comes with the territory. Every first draft is shit.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Fucking Lawns, no matter what I do, no matter what I put on it, it still looks like a texture from fallout3... How do people get lush deep green velvety grass!?!! HOW YOU BASTARDS HOW!!!!

KrakenIPA

I empathize with you op. I cannot use chop sticks at a Chinese restaurant for the life of me.

Went to a Chinese restaurant on a date and couldn't eat the whole time. i asked the waitress for a fork but she didn't have any
You didn't say: "Yall better bring me a fork-type utensil from the kitchen or im gonna start eating with my hands. The choice is yours."

jufonuk

not tag worthy

Michael Bay and Zack Snyder make it work. Embrace it.

But seriously at least you actually went ahead and did it that’s more than most. Be proud.

Last edited:

Paltheos

2 passed 2 to go for me. Studying AUD now.

family guy suicide GIF

The twist to AUD is that it doesn't lecture you on the operations you're auditing. You only find out you're wrong about something when you've answered an MCQ incorrectly because an organization should probably have a control structure like so and accordingly the most effective auditing procedure to employ is x (except when a minute part of the question stem you didn't even realize was important the first time changes and you should have noticed that, idiot).

If you're relearning everything from scratch like I did, none of this pieces together for a while, but it does, eventually, near the end. It's a tough exam to study for and probably the toughest one to take (pass rates seem to support that too), but I'd still rather go through AUD again than study for REG. The REG exam's pretty easy, but studying for it was by far the most miserable time I had getting certified. I don't like tax, and it's primarily brute force memorization of US tax law. Ugh.

Godspeed though. What do you have left after AUD?

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Accept skydaddy as lord and savior or face an eternity of fire and brimstone isn't that compelling nowadays. End times are near I suppose that's why.

I certainly don't mock people for what they believe, or present them with the idea of eternal damnation. I only mock people for the dumb stuff they say on the internets and their terrible choice in entertainment or sunglasses.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Sticking to my cardio routine. It's not even the physical effort involved that I dislike, I just find it boring to either ride my exercise bike while listening to an audio book or watching a TV show, and I detest jogging. I moved near a park that has a large track that passes by a little lake - and it's nice. But I can't jog here in the summer or even spring thanks to global warming. I ain't trying to fuck around and catch a heat stroke.

Top Bottom