• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evil Genius Demo out

8bit

Knows the Score
Oooohhh. What are the usual suspects? I haven't downloaded a demo since the Quake Alpha.

BuddyC

gofreak said:
Republic *was* Elixir's roots. What with it being their first game and all.
I think he's referring to the past experience of the staff more than their first game as a team.

BuddyChrist83 said:
I think he's referring to the past experience of the staff more than their first game as a team.

that i was, republic was in the same sorta vein but it was something new. Anyway just finished the demo, very polished, good amount of fun, spending lots of time having to setup every enemy for killing is a bit dull though.

Acosta

Downloading

Republic it´s an impressive game. Sadly that doen´t mean it´s a good game, just impressive (but I enjoy it)

I have faith in this Evil Genius. It seems Dungeon Keeper with an extra of complexity, I like that.

Azih

I didn't enjoy the demo too much, building takes too long, and there's too many enemy agents, it's like you have to be at red alert constantly to keep them away.

Pachinko

I kind of enjoyed it, reminded me of theme hospital. It did seem to have alot of agents though..... maybe that was just for demo purposes.

Well, the game is out, but based on the demo I haven't seen enough to be worth full price. As I mentioned in more detail on my blog, the theme and a lot of the elements are cool, but the controls are weak, the demo contents are way too restricted to get a good feel of the game, and the AI management seems really out of whack (why bother turning off red alert?)

I actually have some hope the retail game is a lot of fun, but I guess I'll need to wait for a decent preown or a pricedrop. :\

Top Bottom