• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exorcist: The Beginning (official thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodsTyro

No reviews....yet (even tho its out on Friday) :-/

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/exorcist_the_beginning/

Other than some guy who said the following on the forum...

"Folks, the violence in this makes The Passion of the Christ look like Finding Nemo. Nothing will ever get NC-17 for violence if this doesn't.

The feeling of sheer, helpless dread this film evoked stains your conscious thoughts after the credits roll. I hate hyperbole-- heck, I use to even pronounce it hyperbowl-- but this is the scariest film of the decade, maybe even the 90's.

Don't crucify me, but I think this surpasses the original in terms of pacing. The terror is relentless."

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I'm surprised they didn't find a way to PG-13ilize this film. I mean, if modern technology can do it to a movie involving both Aliens and Predators, surely we can find some clever ways to edit out all the worthwhile content from this film...

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I dunno. From the little I've heard about the trouble actually getting this movie done, the fact that there really hasn't been any hype at all and my general feeling that the 1st one is the only one that ever counted (2 was a joke, 3 was fine but not even on the same planet as the 1st), I'm pretty wary.

I still can't figure out who sees the original and thinks "Oh, I can top that!". Leave hell enough alone already!

evil ways

That's funny, I saw an interview last night with director Renny Harlin and he said the movie does not have much or push any boundaries in terms of blood, gore and violence but there is a specific scene that deals with some gore.

Looks like a case of exaggeration to me.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
The whole point of the first movie was the fear and anxiety produced by having the majority of the frightening scenes set in one room, with the added bonus of the formerly-sweet little girl turned horribly frighening demon. Therefore, there should never have been any sequels -- including this prequel -- because any other plot device takes away the whole feel of the original, and to repeat the same plot device over would be boring.

evil ways

This thread needs some spooks......

24785.jpg

3-exorcn.jpg

_1264611_exorcist300.jpg

devil.jpg

GodsTyro

That spiderwalk is the scariest fucking thing I've seen or will see in my life. Goddamn genius. That alone could give me nightmares for years.

If there's anything like that in this prequel, it will be sweet shit.

Trevelyon

Please don't tell me there's some fucked up nu-metal rendition of tublar bells in this new movie.

Because if there is! I will wage bloody mayhem on those who dare desecrate a musical masterpiece.

MIMIC

Banned
I never saw the original (and I ask myself "Why" each and every day), so I was hoping that this would be good enough to see.

Prospero

For me, the scariest scene in The Exorcist is the one where Regan gets her brain scanned. Understated, yet effective.

evil ways

Man, I saw Exorcist on Sci-Fi the other night and I never understood, who that Dracula looking face was, or why he was there, but it sure still makes the hair on my arm stand up a bit. Especially when it shows up in Father Karras's dream about his mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom