• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Expeditions Conquistador |OT| The Spaniard SRPG

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!

Expeditions: Conquistador is a tactical roleplaying game with a touch of strategic resource management and a pinch of choose-your-own-adventure. Conquistador is set in a rarely visited part of history which is rife with mystery, political intrigue, and good old-fashioned violence.

More about: Character Stats

You will take on the role of a Spanish Conquistador in South America around 1520. Select the members of your expedition and explore campaign maps based on the actual topological maps of Hispaniola and Mexico. Through intricately branching dialogue, you will engage with the characters and situations that you encounter across these uncharted areas, and when it’s time to spill blood, a tactical combat system of great depth and brutality will let you control your individual troops in battle.

More about: Classes and Skills

Combat is intimate and detailed, and failure has great consequences. Every expedition member has a face, a past, a set of personality traits, and of course a combat role – their morale will change depending on your decisions, they will chime in when you’re weighing your options, and if they fall in battle, their injuries will carry over to the world map, where they must be treated by your doctors until they’re back on their feet. Should you fail to treat your expedition members, they will die and be gone for good.

More about: Followers

Choice and consequence is central to the play experience of Conquistador. As the leader of the expedition, you will face difficult decisions about the use of your troops and your resources, as well as how to engage with the factions of the savage New World. Will you defy history and be a diplomatic envoy of peace? Or will you be a ruthless conqueror determined to lay all of the Aztec Empire at your feet?

More from: the Press

Developed by: Logic Artists
Funded via: Kickstarter
Made with: Unity
Release date: May 30th
Platform: PC Windows, Mac & Linux via gog.com, Desura, GamersGate & Steam

Official Trailer
Kickstarter Page

Here you go, this is one crowd funded project I didn't back but look forward to. If someone was doing a real and decent |OT| lock this shit.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
You can also download the manual and some wallpapers and see more screenshots on the official website, or read past updates on the Kickstarter page.

They did cool things like put in stretch goals they didn't reach and use the publishing related delay time to polish it further, it will be pretty cool, hopefully.

Wow this was a pleasant surprise. It's like Heroes/King's Bounty mixed with Crusader King's and survival elements. Bonus points for having a female protagonist option.

My first expedition met a grisly fate by a band of native raiders. On my second go now and we're faring much better. Really like the writing and the music so far, having that guitar kick in mid battle is a nice touch.

So used to this style of gameplay being high fantasy, surprised how well it works with this fairly realistic setting.

DrWong

Yeah! I'm interested. We were talking about it this morning at the office. The French printed magazine CanardPC (best - and funny - independant magazine ever, if you read French) gave it a 9/10. And I generally "trust" them.

Hari Seldon

Holy shit this game is great! It is like an exploring game with great writing and a choose your own adventure feel to it. Reminds me greatly of Darklands, the old 1992 microprose open world RPG.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Bumping this thread back up, as you can score this game really cheap these days.. and I got it in a Humble Bundle not knowing even what the fuck it was.

What it is though, is a pretty damn fun experience.

It's pretty ugly and clunky.. but the setting has never really been done like this at all before.. and it's a fun refreshing new look for an RPG to go.

If you like turn-based RPG's with some pretty lite-resource management.. I highly suggest checking this out.

Top Bottom