• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

eXtas1s (Leaker): 17 Day One Games Coming to Game Pass in September

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

• Microsoft is reportedly planning to add 19 new titles to Xbox Game Pass in September 2024.
  • 17 of those are said to be day-one releases, according to long-time leaker eXtas1s.
  • 4 day-one titles have so far been officially confirmed to be coming to Xbox Game Pass in September 2024.

Microsoft is planning to add 19 new titles to Xbox Game Pass in September 2024, a well-known leaker has said. This claim suggests that September is on course to become the most release-packed month of 2024 for Xbox Game Pass.

Such a content-rich schedule would stand in stark contrast to August 2024, which is currently shaping up to be the quietest month of the year for Microsoft's subscription service up until now. Specifically, the company has so far confirmed or announced just six titles for this month, or seven if counting the Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 beta that's scheduled to reach Xbox Game Pass on August 30. SOPA: Tale of the Stolen Potato might bring that number up to eight if it doesn't miss its August 2024 release window, which it might, seeing how it's still without a release date as of August 23. For reference, the least eventful Xbox Game Pass months of the year so far were May and July, which only had 12 new titles each.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
That sounds hard to believe.

Confirmed:
  • Star Trucker
  • Age of Mythology
  • Core Keeper
  • Ara (PC only)
  • Frostpunk 2 (PC only)
My Wishlist:
  • Demon School
  • Yars Rising
  • Shadows of Doubt
  • Plucky Squire
Not expecting this to be true. If they manage to get Demon School I'd be very pleased. I'm sure they're not getting Plucky Squire or Yars Rising.

gokurho

2月14日 愛してる GIF 作者: Anke Weckmann

17 Day 1 games actually sounds like a bad thing to me. Probably a bunch of shitty Day 1 indie games hardly anyone will play. I’d be more excited by them adding fewer games: high quality, mix of AAA and indie, and some recently released big games from 2023/2024.

Mownoc

Seems hard to believe, but a deluge of indies could happen I guess.

This is the same person that said a few days ago they know about 4 Xbox games coming to PlayStation soon.

Punished Miku

Punished Miku

That would be an interesting get for Gamepass

Edit-Lolipop Chainsaw was one of those games that refused to go Backcompat so I rule that out.
Honestly, most 3rd party stuff you can pre-order is not going to be on GP day 1. They do a pretty good job of not surprising people who just bought something. LC is up for pre-order now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom