• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Oh god, I'm enjoying an Adam Sandler movie.

We're watching Reign Over Me in this class and I relate to Saddlers character so much, oh god.

Quit trying to make excuses for being gross. If you wanna be gross, own it.

Nah

I mean I did link a thing saying that you probably shouldn't shower every day, but you know, feel free to ignore it

It's not just oil, also sweat. You're stepping into your bed on Wednesday evening having not showered for 24 hours...when you wake up you haven't showered in 32 hours...and people usually also sweat during the night.
At the end of your workday today you haven't showered in over 40 hours.
...yeah, I know?

And I don't actually sweat that much tbh

I look, smell and feel fine. And before you say that people are being polite, my parents will happily tell me when I don't

Jobbs

Banned
There's always a stinky guy at work who seems oblivious to it. He probably also read a thing about showering being bad for body oil.

Ceallach

Nah

I mean I did link a thing saying that you probably shouldn't shower every day, but you know, feel free to ignore it

...yeah, I know?

And I don't actually sweat that much tbh

I look, smell and feel fine. And before you say that people are being polite, my parents will happily tell me when I don't
You posted an article. Articles are bullshit as they frequently misquote and misrepresent data and take things out of context. Always hunt down studies, always look for trends. An abstract from NIH:

most people should avoid showering too frequently and in fact, if they reduce the frequency it can be an incredibly healthy decision for their skin. The exceptions to this rule are people who commute, go to the gym daily or are in contact with potentially sick people

Who doesn't fit into those categories other than hermits?

There's always a stinky guy at work who seems oblivious to it. He probably also read a thing about showering being bad for body oil.

I'll take the advice of, among other things, the president of the Australasian College of Dermatologists over internet nerd making a game about space on how often I should shower thx

Jobbs

Banned
If you are going places where people are and sharing space with them it's actually inconsiderate to not shower. I won't keep hammering away on this all day but maybe consider sacrificing your body oils for the sake of others

Ceallach

I'll take the advice of, among other things, the president of the Australasian College of Dermatologists over internet nerd making a game about space on how often I should shower thx
Have you ever had a personal hygiene study done? They are incredibly informative.

Misha

Banned
Have you ever had a personal hygiene study done? They are incredibly informative.
What's that?
We workout together everyday.

Swole bros
We're back to just hermits then :p
I don't know what you're trying to say but I'm not the one who refuses to bathe
It would be ironic if you, who makes a big deal about hygiene, would be one of the few that could go without showers

I get plenty oily when I'm home alone tho so i can't imagine that being the case anyway

Ceallach

What's that?

Were back to just hermits then :p
I don't know how common they are in the civilian world, sometimes I forget that in keeping us in peak shape things that are routine for us can be unheard of.

But essentially you are observed in basic hygeine-dental care, showering, daily hygeine, sleep hygeine, etc. Your various ph levels, bodily excretions, stools, urine, etc. are tracked and you get breakdowns of what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong, things that could help you, recommendations for what kinds of soaps, creams, etc that can help.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Do women like aviator glasses, skinny jeans, and nothing else? Asking for a friend.

Misha

Banned
I don't know how common they are in the civilian world, sometimes I forget that in keeping us in peak shape things that are routine for us can be unheard of.

But essentially you are observed in basic hygeine-dental care, showering, daily hygeine, sleep hygeine, etc. Your various ph levels, bodily excretions, stools, urine, etc. are tracked and you get breakdowns of what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong, things that could help you, recommendations for what kinds of soaps, creams, etc that can help.
Never been mentioned once from what I remember. In fact I was recently complaining to my mom about a lack of focus on hygiene. Like you go to the doctor and dentist to make sure your body is okay but that's it. Should be taught in grade school IMO with yearly/checkups evaluations (optional ofc but encouraged and included in basic healthcare). Same thing with nutrition, physical activity and psychological stuff. Don't know why they're completely ignored

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

This is not in the least bit common in civilian life.

Ceallach

Never been mentioned once from what I remember. In fact I was recently complaining to my mom about a lack of focus on hygiene. Like you go to the doctor and dentist to make sure your body is okay but that's it. Should be taught in grade school IMO with yearly checkups evaluations (optional ofc but encouraged). Same thing with nutrition, physical activity and phycological stuff. Don't know why they're completely ignored
It's super informative, if not blunt. Like one thing, they observed I had waaaaaaaaayyyyy too many LEDs in my room. I was using a toothpaste that was too abrasive concerning how little decay I had, I was using shampoos that were doing nothing, etc.

Misha

Banned
It's super informative, if not blunt. Like one thing, they observed I had waaaaaaaaayyyyy too many LEDs in my room. I was using a toothpaste that was too abrasive concerning how little decay I had, I was using shampoos that were doing nothing, etc.
I really want to know what kinds of shampoos are actually useful everyone says things that are completely different. Would have helped with my dandruff problem (that's mostly gone now)

Misha

Banned
How else would they track your sleep? Your environment where you live? That all has an effect.
Just give you a machine to hook up that will monitor your heartbeat or something. Pretty sure that's a thing as it is.

Besides how would you be able to have the same sleep with random medical people in your house?

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know how I feel about tests that are designed to tell me what to do and how to live. You're not my mum, scientists.

Ceallach

Just give you a machine to hook up that will monitor your heartbeat or something. Pretty sure that's a thing as it is.

Besides how would you be able to have the same sleep with random medical people in your house?
They don't like watch you sleep. Thevery sleep study is done in the lab. They just check your environment. Like the way my PC, TV, chargers, etc were preventing me from getting to sleep properly, was interrupting my sleep cycle, I was using too many pillows, etc.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is this how the US forges super soldiers?

I'm gonna shower now
Lara-Croft-Tomb-Raider-Filme-68970.gif

Misha

Banned
They don't like watch you sleep. Thevery sleep study is done in the lab. They just check your environment. Like the way my PC, TV, chargers, etc were preventing me from getting to sleep properly, was interrupting my sleep cycle, I was using too many pillows, etc.
Lights from chargers I'd assume? Personally unless all the lights are hidden from my sight I'm not happy with my sleep environment (which is something I'm too lazy to fix most of the time unfortunately)

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like the sexiest character from 2001 Tomb Raider was and still is Noah Taylor.

20484.gif

Jobbs

Banned
Feeling extra normcore today

How are all of you doing?

good. almost done hooking up a new power in my game which has been sitting in limbo for months. After that the movelist will be pretty much done.

had a little difficulty because the only way I could determine to map it to gamepad was to hit Lb + Rb at the same time, and getting this to work well and be easy to reliably trigger has taken some doing (because Lb and Rb on their own do other things unrelated to the thing that hitting them both at once does).

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Jobbs teaches his kids to program so that at least my kid's kids might live long enough to play Ghost Song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom