• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F-Zero GX = $11.99 @ ebgames.com

Deku Tree

This was an awesome game @ the $50 release day price I paid for it... but it's not for those who don't like extreme challenge in their games.

It's my favorite arcade racer this Gen and the fastest racing game I've ever played.

I had it and got rid of it. But what's the verdict with the Force Feedback controller? If I could pick it up for 19.99 at Best Buy, I'd be tempted just to buy it again for that.

impirius

MetatronM said:
Now you bastards have NO REASON WHATSOEVER TO NOT BUY ONE OF THE BEST GAMES RELEASED THIS GEN.
Preach on. I paid full price for it and feel like I got my money's worth.

Ristamar

BUY IT

It's like paying someone $13 to kick your ass, but somehow you enjoy the beating, especially when you start landing some punches of your own.

BuddyC

If only this was in-store...

No money, but a bunch of games I could trade in. Alas, I called my local EB and had them check their system, still $19.99 :(

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
***MUST____RESIST____PLAYING THE GAME_____UNTIL EVERYTHING IS________COMPLETE***

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
BuddyChrist83 said:

No money, but a bunch of games I could trade in. Alas, I called my local EB and had them check their system, still $19.99 :(

Do they issue 'gift cards' when you trade in games? Cause apparantly you can use gift cards on the online site, and maybe if you can get them to transfer the credit on the gift card...

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
BuddyChrist83 said:

Price Matching is your friend.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
darscot said:
I love how it's more used then new. Gotta love EB.

I hate it everytime someone makes that comment

Blinky said:
I'm getting this tommorow.

Thankies Wario.

Better do it fast, might selll out soon :p
I don't think the price is good instore if that's what you're planning

BuddyC

Wario64 said:
I don't think the price is good instore if that's what you're planning

Nope, just called again to make sure. Probably has something to do with the sale they've got going on now (trade in 3 applicable games, get 2 GH/PC/PH titles).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The reason why the new price is lower than the used price is because they have an abundant number of new copies that they need to get rid of. Thus, they'll sell the games at a cheaper price to get rid of its stock and make room for inventory. They're not gonna lower the price for the used copies because retailers like EB and Gamestop get most of their profits from used games sales. There's no reason to lower the price while they're clearing out stock of new copies. The new price is only temporary

darscot

LOL, chances are if you have to flog the new ones off to clear stock at a loss, you'll probable want to get rid of those used ones too. No matter how you justify it, it's absurd that you can buy it new cheaper then used. It makes the store look like it's run by a bunch of retards.

Alex

Yeesh, I haven't used EBGames in awhile, but the shipping methods (if you want to get it within a sane ammount of time) have gotten really high, and I honestly do not remember them charging tax prior.

Things change I guess, but I believe both Gamestop and Best Buy have it in-store for $20, and my order total would've came out to just over that. I'd rather pay the extra dollar for tax on top of that and go get it today, sigh.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
That's how businesses like EB and Gamestop stay alive. Why lower the price of the used games? They only get lowered when the MSRP of the game is officially dropped. This isn't an official price drop. The number of new copies probably greatly exceedes the number of used copies right now. Ebgames.com dropped the price last week to $12.99 and there were at least 75 copies available for sale, all sold out. Now today, they dropped it to $11.99, and there's 74 copies at the time I bumped this thread. That's at least 140 units taking up space. I doubt they have that many used copies to justify a price drop for used sales. And like I said, they make their profit from used games so lowing the price wouldn't make sense.

Someone who works at retail please back me up here. We've had this discussion before but I think it was pre-Neo GAF

darscot

No one needs to back you up I understand the math and marketing. It still makes EB look like idiots. What do they say when customers ask why it's cheaper new. I can picture it now. "It's priced more because we really bend you over and have our way with you on the used stuff. See we suckered some poor kid and gave him a nickel for it and now were going to try and rape another sucker to pay more for it used then its worth new."

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Well the purpose of the new temporary price is to clear out stock on that game. If they changed the used price accordingly (in this case, to about $9.99) with the new price, then the customer might buy a used copy instead, which would go against what Ebgames wants (which is to get rid of the large number of new copies). When the used price is higher than the new price, then the consumer (assuming he/she isn't stupid) will go for the new price, which is what EBgames is trying to get rid of...so both sides kinda benefit I guess. Someone will buy the used copies at the some point since they don't have an unlimited number of new copies...if no one buys the used copies in the future, then they lower the price at that time, but not now

Alcibiades

The reason Wario 64 is making sense is because this is a temporary markdown (to last at most a day or two), if it was a permanent $12 price, then there would be reason to change the used-copy price.

I guess ebgames.com could lower the used price to match the $12 until they run out of new copies then bring it back up again (but why go through the trouble when it won't be an issue by tonight or tomorrow)...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
They'd also be losing potential revenue if they lowered the used price in that time frame as well, so it doesn't really make any sense to lower both prices. Sure it's gonna sound weird if a customer is gonna ask why the new price is cheaper, but who cares? It's all about making profits

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Thanks for the info, but I'm moving back to campus in 4 days, so in order to get it, I'd have to spend so much on shipping, it would be the same price at retail.

Alex

"
HOW THE HELL IS THIS NOT SOLD OUT YET???

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!! BUY IT NOW"

$12 + $6-7 for shipping + $2 for tax, then making me wait 2-3 days for delivery and of course, the notable chance that suckass UPS will accidently ship the thing to Australia isn't cool in my book, not compared to other options at least. I guess EB stuff will be last resort/free shipping only for me. :(

But, I did snag it along with Kill Bill 2 at Best Buy today, woots. I needed a good racing game, espically a pissy challenging one. I remember the absolute RAGE that Midnight Club 2 single player sent me through, hopefully I don't threaten lives TOO often during my playtime with this.

Sure wish I didn't suck at racers.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Whoa, a mod actually changed the thread title from $12.99 to $11.99....rock

Anyway, there's 13 copies left for sale...hurry up

Top Bottom