• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable 1.5 & "Dimitri"

Deku Tree

It would make me very unhappy if Fable 1.5 was a PC version with alot of the stuff that they took out of the xbox version.

Mrbob

Peter enthused, "When you're working on something as ambitions as Dimitri - and it's so easy to describe what Dimitri is, and I'm just gonna be tantalising here, is that, if I were to describe it to you, you would have so many questions about it, and unless I could actually show you the game physically working, and show you how you do these amazing things, then you just wouldn't believe me. You'd think I was mad."

LOL. Good 'ole Molyneux.

As for Fable 1.5, bleh. I may be holding off on buying Fable now and wait for the update.

Mrbob said:
LOL. Good 'ole Molyneux.

As for Fable 1.5, bleh. I may be holding off on buying Fable now and wait for the update.

*IF* Fablr 1.5 is an update, you'd probably need Fable 1 to play it, it may even be DLC.

Besides this is a slightly silly thing to say when you consider how good Fable is.

Mrbob

Carve is HAWT.

For me, once I play a game, I very rarely replay it. There are a couple exceptions but mostly I'm one and done. So basically I'd like to experience Fable in all its full glory at once. But I already know I'm going to pick up Fable. Doesn't matter what I say here. :D

Mrbob

Redbeard said:
Bah. Screw 1.5, just start on Fable 2 and put it all in there.

Yup. This is more than likely how it will turn out anyway....how many rumored 1.5 games actually come to fruition?

Mrbob said:
Yup. This is more than likely how it will turn out anyway....how many rumored 1.5 games actually come to fruition?

I'd consider Christmas NiGHTS to be a sort of nights 1.5, as it included things they didnt have the time to include in the first one.. mostly graphical fixes, some new effects, some/season variable levels/music/menus, etc.

GhaleonEB

Mrbob said:

VF Remix (Saturn), Resident Evil: Directors Cut (PS), all of Square's "International Editions" on their FF games.....

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Molynuex doesnt really believe in half assed sequels so i doubt this will ever come to fruition, though in that interview you guys (Kikizo) did with him he did seem pretty peeved with the whole process of working for 4 years to build something then only getting one title out of it before having to start again for the next generation.

Meier

As much as I loved Peter's past work, can he not recognize his incessant ramblings are an industry joke at this point?

Mrbob said:
LOL. Good 'ole Molyneux.

Typical Molyneux... Promise the moon and give you a pretty asteroid. He is the king of hype.

That said, there is always solid game design under everything, but he really should learn not to self hype so much. Shameless self-promotion is so gauche.

Phoenix

krypt0nian said:
Typical Molyneux... Promise the moon and give you a pretty asteroid. He is the king of hype.

That said, there is always solid game design under everything, but he really should learn not to self hype so much. Shameless self-promotion is so gauche.

He's a dreamer and I respect that. He just needs to focus more on 'not telling people what to expect' so that when he does release something cool, after cutting out stuff that wouldn't work in the game design, fan boys and haters aren't engaged in a religious war over whether or not they want the game.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Halo on PC. You will believe an X-Box port can run bad on a modern PC...

Top Bottom