• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable = 12 hours first time through with side quests = 8.0

IJoel

Man, I sure hope the mods are as good as yesterday. A few bannings are certainly warranted.

There's a fucking thread for this already. Had any other user (well, one that doesn't work on a magazine) done the same thread, he would've been banned in an instant.

Ok, so the S. Elizabeth pics help, I'll give you that.

IJoel said:
Man, I sure hope the mods are as good as yesterday. A few bannings are certainly warranted.

There's a fucking thread for this already. Had any other user (well, one that doesn't work on a magazine) done the same thread, he would've been banned in an instant.

Ok, so the S. Elizabeth pics help, I'll give you that.

Wow, who didn't die and not make you a mod? It's not like this thread has been anything but goofiness from the word "go."

IJoel

JackFrost2012 said:
Wow, who didn't die and not make you a mod? It's not like this thread has been anything but goofiness from the word "go."

Oh come on... give me a break.

If anyone else had done the same thread, it would've been locked and a potential ban issued

Sure, let's all post "goofy" threads!

Hell, it's not like I'm defending Fable for being a short game, I said it before and I say it now. It sux that it's that short. But this whole ridiculous behavior coming from magazine editors is just wrong.

Edit: And well oh well, this is the very expected response from you.

Andy787

Banned
IJoel said:

If anyone else had done the same thread, it would've been locked and a potential ban issued

Hell, it's not like I'm defending Fable for being a short game, I said it before and I say it now. It sux that it's that short. But this whole ridiculous behavior coming from magazine editors is just wrong.

Edit: And well oh well, this is the very expected response from you.
stfu nub.

This is the best thread in the history of threads.

bishoptl said:

Orville Redenbacher's Game of the Year

prod_smart_pop_kettle_lg.jpg

ferricide

Blackace said:
hahah even Japanese high school students suspect the Penny Arcade guys are gay lovers
and even japanese high school students who barely know english can write a funnier comic than tycho.

skip said:
goofy threads : normal GAF wankery :: clean : dirty

white%20woods%20beforeafter2.jpg

Guys, we need to stop having fun - we need to stay on topic and start arguing seriously and at length about the important videogame issues of the day or I Joel's gonna tell the recess monitor what we've been up to. He seems pretty serious about it.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
IJoel said:

IJoel, you humorless fuck -- chill out, lighten up.

videogames are fun. fable is a great game.

and quit judging me on how i should or shouldn't act just because you happen to know what i do for a living.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
ferricide said:
and even japanese high school students who barely know english can write a funnier comic than tycho.

That's bold coming from a man who can't play a game for more than two hours before giving it a bad score.

IJoel

chespace said:
IJoel, you humorless fuck -- chill out, lighten up.

videogames are fun. fable is a great game.

and quit judging me on how i should or shouldn't act just because you happen to know what i do for a living.

I'm not humorless, it's just that, well, there's 2 Fable threads going on: 1 for the length, and the other for troll.

I'm all for fun, but I'm certain that if anyone else had created this thread, the person would've been banned, or the thread locked. Why not just post this same stuff in the other threads? What's the point in a new thread.

Hell, I'm not arguing about whatever the fuck you think about Fable. You are entitled to your opinion, and me, well to mine once I play the game. That said, I never disagreed with your review/opinion of the game. I consider it to be a disappointment that it's too short.

Whether to judge you or not, it's not really my intent to, well judge you. But, when you use your position to reply to people, well you should expect criticism and it might be good and bad. You have to take them both and well move on. This thread is sorta a slap in the face to those that disagree with you (and, again, I'm not saying I disagree, read my other posts on this and you'll see) and it's mocking them. Well, you could do that in the other threads, but using a separate thread to do so is sorta pushing it.

Anyway... I'll just drop it. Have fun. :)

chespace

IJoel said:
But this whole ridiculous behavior coming from magazine editors is just wrong.
IJoel said:
Whether to judge you or not, it's not really my intent to, well judge you.

oh really?

IJoel said:
But, when you use your position to reply to people, well you should expect criticism and it might be good and bad.

how else am i supposed to reply to people? i post impressions once in a while, or answer the odd question people may have...i don't think i sit here flaunting my shit to make folks jealous, and if i come off as such, i apologize.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
JackFrost2012 said:
No, but he can play a game for several days before giving it a very good score!

Now who's forgetting to be the funny?

GMR = Gamers Must Relax.

P90

Ghost said:
just saying...the thread suggests its an 8, in Che's opinion or maybe he's talking about your review, because the game it took 12 hours for one run through, but what 2 months ago? you (1up, think it was che) gave riddick a 9 and that game barely stretches to 10 hours.

So, you are saying, that long games are always better than short games? :confused:

This is pretty damn lame. The people involved act like they don't want to deal with this and it's a stupid argument that's just based on the idiocy of the general GAF users, yet they create threads like this that just perpetuate the problem.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
What's lame is that I came back and nobody is talking about my cover anymore. I could have used those two hours to make some deep headway into Fable.

chespace

scola said:
What's lame is that I came back and nobody is talking about my cover anymore. I could have used those two hours to make some deep headway into Fable.

i loved your cover. improved my sex life tremendously.

MC Safety

In all fairness to Fable, I spent at least 112 hours punting chickens and playing soccer with decapitated heads.

Seriously. Fifteen hours. Fifty minutes.

chespace

eXxy said:
screw shannon elizabeth. who's that hot guy in the first picture?

in all honest, exxy, you are far sexier than shannon elizabeth's real-life husband:

elizabeth011.jpg

Top Bottom